Thread: China Introduces Silver Futures Contracts

Thanks
    Thanked 6,223 Times in 2,640 Posts

China Introduces Silver Futures Contracts

China Introduces Silver Futures Contracts

2012-05-10 20:17:53 Xinhua Web Editor: Yihang

Shanghai Futures Exchange (SFE) started the trading of China's first silver futures exchange on Thursday.

On the first trading day, the benchmark listing price was 6,166 yuan(about 979.77 U.S. dollars) per kg, according to statistics released by the SFE.

And the first batch of eight listed futures contracts received the accumulative amount of 349,100 hands.

The contracts will be traded in yuan, and the price fluctuation is set to be limited to seven percent per day, according to the SFE.

The new trading option will provide China with a pricing mechanism on silver, upgrade the management of silver-related enterprises as well as readjust the silver industry structure, said Huo Ruirong, vice manager of the SFE.

China has exceeded Peru and Mexico and become the world's leading producer of silver. And the country is also the second-largest consumer of the precious metal after the United States.

http://english.cri.cn/6826/2012/05/10/2724s698638.htm
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

Thanks
    Thanked 2,297 Times in 1,398 Posts

Re: China Introduces Silver Futures Contracts

I would suppose China is also the world's greatest producer of fake silver too.
    SPECTRISM time countdown2025

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrism View Post
    Yeah but probably only 400 oz bars and bigger. But then again, there have been some tungstun plugged 10 oz Au bars out there too.... Feel sorry for some of the guys out there "holding the bag"
    Cogito cogito, ergo cogito sum - I think that I think, therefore I think that I am

My GPG Pub key:
    http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=steyr_m&op=index&fingerprint=on

Thanks

I say this is a good thing. Another slice in the death by a thousand cuts in the Anglo-American Empire
    Cogito cogito, ergo cogito sum - I think that I think, therefore I think that I am

My GPG Pub key:
    http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=steyr_m&op=index&fingerprint=on

Thanks
    Thanked 2,058 Times in 1,395 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrism View Post
    yeah, may be.

i wanted to get a 10 ounce Dragon bar but i'm concerned that it may not have the re-sale. better to stick to NTR even though they're more boring looking.
    Retired Director Morris Waxler says the FDA did not do their job for 15 years - and is not now.

HelpStopLASIK.com

Thanks
    Thanked 2,297 Times in 1,398 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gunDriller View Post
    yeah, may be.

i wanted to get a 10 ounce Dragon bar but i'm concerned that it may not have the re-sale. better to stick to NTR even though they're more boring looking.
    I would not touch anything from China... or what is possibly a fake from China. They have faked US coins... Peace dollars. You have to watch out for these thieves.
    SPECTRISM time countdown2025