Thread: Ron Paul Rules Chairman assaulted and removed by Police @ GOP convention Shreveport

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Thanked 2,086 Times in 925 Posts

Ron Paul Rules Chairman assaulted and removed by Police @ GOP convention Shreveport

Reminiscent of the Soviet Union circa 1920's....I cant find much about the details yet....

Alex Helwig, Ron Paul Rules Chairman, elected legitimately by the majority delegation, is thrown out and assaulted at LA GOP Convention by Shreveport Police.

Several commenters have mentioned his injuries:

“LA police assaulted the majority elected chairperson, by dislocating his hip and also arrested the rules guy Alex Hedwig who later returned with broken fingers and a walking cane."
    My Etsy store: https://twitter.com/xIOWNMEx

Thanks
    Thanked 2,086 Times in 925 Posts

Re: Ron Paul Rules Chairman assaulted and removed by Police @ GOP convention Shrevepo

Found this on the RP 2012 website:

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2012/06/0...op-convention/

Ron Paul Campaign Statement on Louisiana GOP Convention

National Campaign Manager John Tate condemns Shreveport event’s “unnecessary conflict” and applauds its “positive conclusion”

LAKE JACKSON, Texas – The Ron Paul 2012 Presidential campaign released the following statement concerning the outcome of the Louisiana State Republican Convention. Below please find comments from National Campaign Manager John Tate:

“The Ron Paul campaign condemns the unfortunate activities that took place at the Louisiana Republican State Convention in Shreveport.

“However, we also wish to highlight and applaud the fact that the convention ended on a high note reflective of the cooperation all Republicans wish to see toward the mutual aim of defeating President Obama in the November general election.

“The unnecessary conflict, and positive conclusion as we understand it, transpired as follows.

“LAGOP officials ignored the vast majority of duly elected delegates and attempted to use illegally adopted rules to deny Ron Paul supporters an opportunity to attend the Republican National Convention in Tampa. Louisiana has 46 delegates. Five were pledged to Mitt Romney based on the March 23rd primary result and Rick Santorum received 10, meaning most delegates were contestable at the state convention.

“Delegates to the state convention were chosen at caucus meetings on April 28th. Ron Paul slates won four of six congressional district contests. Of the approximately 180 delegates attending the state convention, 113 voted to remove the LAGOP chairman when he failed to respond to requests for information and other motions from delegates. Nearly two-thirds of the delegates began physically moving their chairs, literally turning their back on the GOP chair appointed by the party hierarchy.

“In another instance, State Central Committeeman and Ron Paul supporter Henry Herford Jr. of Franklin Parrish was attacked by some security officials who didn’t realize that the body had voted out the previous chairman. Mr. Herford has a prosthetic hip and according to a doctor at the scene it appears as though the prosthetic was dislocated and may require replacement. The injury occurred as he was beginning to call to order the newly re-formed convention.

“In yet another instance, Ron Paul supporter Alex Helwig, Chairman of the Rules Committee who made the motion to remove the chair, was arrested by Shreveport police and released. During his brief detainment, some of his fingers were broken and when he returned to the event he was walking with aid of a cane.

“By 10:50 a.m. today, the newly formed convention completed its work. Newly-elected national delegates met with the Romney campaign’s Louisiana Chairman, Scott Sewell, who graciously said ‘that he supported the effort and would do everything he could to make sure the delegation was seated’ in Tampa.

“Despite the divisiveness that characterized the Louisiana state convention initially, we are thankful that the Paul and Romney campaigns took the high road to guarantee the enfranchisement of Republicans whose candidate preferences differ.

“Republicans of goodwill agree that following the spirited primary season, the general election presents us with an opportunity to defeat Obama and place the nation on a path to recovery.

“Our thoughts and prayers are with those who were injured at the convention. And, we thank all responsible convention participants for ending the day on a more unified note.”

I see a completely different story in this release from the RP campaign. In 3 different instances here the RP campaign makes mention of 'Defeating Obama', and the 'enfranchisement of the Republican Party'......and 'defeating Obama will set the nation on a path to recovery'.

Anyone else see the RP message slowly drifting away from its true core? I smell a RAT.
    My Etsy store: https://twitter.com/xIOWNMEx

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

Re: Ron Paul Rules Chairman assaulted and removed by Police @ GOP convention Shrevepo

Quote Originally Posted by Sui Juris View Post

I see a completely different story in this release from the RP campaign. In 3 different instances here the RP campaign makes mention of 'Defeating Obama', and the 'enfranchisement of the Republican Party'......and 'defeating Obama will set the nation on a path to recovery'.

Anyone else see the RP message slowly drifting away from its true core? I smell a RAT.
    Following his announcement to stop campaigning, I haven't seen any indication that Ron Paul is pursuing the presidency in any statement from him or his campaign quarters. If I have missed something, please show us where Ron Paul confirms he is running for the Republican presidential candidate spot...

JJ.G0ldD0t

Quote Originally Posted by Sui Juris View Post

I've been smelling one since 2008.

I'd like to believe in hope as much as the next guy but you people need to come to terms w/ what's happening at some point.

I just can't believe that my position is such a small minority among gsus members. There are some really brilliant minds here.

{For the record - Going back to 2008 and GIM days my position has been that voting in federal elections doesn't work. I appreciate the work that RP has done as a congressman and support his political viewpoints and policies for the most part however I have never given one red worthless zinc penny to the RP or any other campaign.

I will not be a chump for TPTB. I will not play their game nor participate in their farce. I am NOT a sucker.
    They will cheat or make him quit by threat or kill him outright. I believe that threats did the job - which is disconcerting in and of itself.

HE is not the one to be placed in office as POTUS and certianly won't be "elected".
    I don't participate much in RP discussions because I didn't want to constantly beat everyone to death with a counter-productive viewpoint and quash the upswell of hope that was rising. Actually- I hoped, against my better judgement, that you all were right and I was wrong. The reasons why he won't win don't really matter but for me the cause is America's spiritual sickness. The lot was cast long ago and the nation will reap what it has sown.}

This is over in my opinion. It was over before it started. You all were fooled once - so "shame on them" But TWICE?

flame suit on ... so whatever. :-)

edit:

actually - I think I'll make a thread on this/

http://gold-silver.us/forum/showthre...Paul-Bandwagon

Reply there as not to derail this thread.

Thanks

didnt want to start a new thread, so putting it here.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one." --Thomas Paine

Thanks
    Thanked 1,833 Times in 999 Posts

I find this stunning.

Not that the cops boot is stepping on necks, but that the show(meeting) just continues on in the midst of the authoritarian abuse.
    "Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they found it."

Thanks
    Thanked 2,209 Times in 1,161 Posts

Here's the troublemaker/sarc....

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies"...Ron Paul
    "A government is a bunch of people, usually, notably ungoverned"...
    Shepherd Book, Firefly

Thanks
    Thanked 2,782 Times in 1,378 Posts

This whole thing sounds fucked up beyond belief.