Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 12 shot dead at 'Dark Knight Rises' screening in Aurora, Colorado

Thanks
    Thanked 2,782 Times in 1,378 Posts

Re: 12 shot dead at 'Dark Knight Rises' screening in Aurora, Colorado

Just something of interest.

So the media is showing pictures of the front of the gunman's moms house and on the car I notice this sticker on their car.

Hmmmmmm. It is a symbol created by the HRC, (Human Rights Campaign), an organization working to advance civil equality and personal liberty for the gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered community. The equal sign (=), symbolizes human rights and is often cited as a token for the ongoing struggle and persecution the LGBTQ community still face.

So I wonder if this guy is just a crazy faggot, or like Kaos said, MKULTRA. But this is similar to the psycho in the Phoenix shooting several years ago.

There's A LOT more to this story than what meets the eye.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to General of Darkness For This Useful Post:

Awoke (24th July 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sirgonzo420 View Post
    everybody has a cellphone at their fucking side constantly, but rarely a pistol
    Yeah, but can you imagine trying to shoot back in a dark, chaotic, crowded theater? How many people are between you and the gunman running from side to side? How easy would it be to hit someone else by mistake?
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StreetsOfGold View Post
    Yes it is a shame that those in attendance were most likely NOT members in a Good Bible believing church where any pastor worth his salt would be preaching against going to (or watching) movies, ESPECIALLY obvious SATANIC ones @ midnight in public places. What a thing.

You reap what you sow
    Perhaps the gunman was a molested alter boy?

....on second thought, nevermind. Not worth a response.
    * This space for rent *

Thanks
    Thanked 2,782 Times in 1,378 Posts

OK this is just strange.

Denver victim just missed Toronto Eaton Centre shooting

Jessica Redfield wrote that she left Toronto mall minutes before fatal shooting in June

CBC News

Posted: Jul 20, 2012 10:19 AM ET

Last Updated: Jul 20, 2012 10:32 AM ET

(Note:CBC does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of external links.)

Jessica Ghawi, also known as Jessica Redfield, one of the 12 people reportedly shot dead in a gun rampage at a screening of the latest Batman movie in Denver, Colorado, wrote about surviving the Eaton Centre shooting in Toronto on June 2.
    (Twitter)
    One of the 12 people reportedly killed in a mass shooting at a screening of the latest Batman movie in Denver was at the Eaton Centre in Toronto on June 2 moments before a gunman open fire in the mall's busy food court.

Jessica Redfield, also known as Jessica Ghawi, was among those killed in the shooting spree late Thursday night, her parents told local media in her home state of Texas.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,209 Times in 1,161 Posts

This is a trip. Written June 5th.

One of the victims: Jessica Ghawi, a sportswriter who wrote for the blog Busted Coverage under the name Jessica Redfield. Over a month ago, Redfield wrote a blog entry about an eery trip to the mall to get sushi, in which she got an “odd feeling” outside the sushi restaurant and decided to go elsewhere. Minutes later, a gunman stood in the exact same spot she had just left and opened fire in the restaurant. She described her feelings after the shooting.

Late Night Thoughts on the Eaton Center Shooting

I can’t get this odd feeling out of my chest. This empty, almost sickening feeling won’t go away. I noticed this feeling when I was in the Eaton Center in Toronto just seconds before someone opened fire in the food court. An odd feeling which led me to go outside and unknowingly out of harm‘s way. It’s hard for me to wrap my mind around how a weird feeling saved me from being in the middle of a deadly shooting.

What started off as a trip to the mall to get sushi and shop, ended up as a day that has forever changed my life. I was on a mission to eat sushi that day, and when I’m on a mission, nothing will deter me. When I arrived at the Eaton Center mall, I walked down to the food court and spotted a sushi restaurant. Instead of walking in, sitting down and enjoying sushi, I changed my mind, which is very unlike me, and decided that a greasy burger and poutine would do the trick. I rushed through my dinner. I found out after seeing a map of the scene, that minutes later a man was standing in the same spot I just ate at and opened fire in the food court full of people. Had I had sushi, I would’ve been in the same place where one of the victims was found.

My receipt shows my purchase was made at 6:20 pm. After that purchase I said I felt funny. It wasn’t the kind of funny you feel after spending money you know you shouldn’t have spent. It was almost a panicky feeling that left my chest feeling like something was missing. A feeling that was overwhelming enough to lead me to head outside in the rain to get fresh air instead of continuing back into the food court to go shopping at SportChek. The gunshots rung out at 6:23. Had I not gone outside, I would’ve been in the midst of gunfire.

I walked around the outside of the mall. People started funneling out of every exit. When I got back to the front, I saw a police car, an ambulance, and a fire truck. I initially thought that maybe the street performer that was drumming there earlier had a heart attack or something. But more and more police officers, ambulances, and fire trucks started showing up. Something terrible has happened. I overheard a panicked guy say, “There was a shooting in the food court.” I thought that there was no way, I was just down there. I asked him what happened. He said “Some guy just opened fire. Shot about 8 shots. It sounded like balloons popping. The guy is still on the loose.” I’m not sure what made me stick around at this point instead of running as far away from the mall as possible. Shock? Curiosity? Human nature? Who knows.

Standing there in the midst of the chaos all around us, police started yelling to get back and make room. I saw a young shirtless boy, writhing on a stretcher, with his face and head covered by the EMS as they rushed him by us to get him into an ambulance. The moment was surprisingly calm. The EMTs helping the boy weren’t yelling orders and no one was screaming like a night time medical drama. It was as if it was one swift movement to get the boy out of the mall and into the ambulance. That’s when it really hit me. I felt nauseas. Who would go into a mall full of thousands of innocent people and open fire? Is this really the world we live in?

Police start yelling again “GET BACK NOW!” Another stretcher came rushing out of the mall. I saw a man on a stretcher, the blanket underneath him spotted with blood. Multiple gunshot holes in his chest, side, and neck were visible. It’s not like in the movies when you see someone shot and they’re bleeding continuously from the wound. There was no blood flowing from the wounds, I could only see the holes. Numerous gaping holes, as if his skin was putty and someone stuck their finger in it. Except these wounds were caused by bullets. Bullets shot out of hatred. His dark skin on his torso was tinted red with what I assume was his own blood. He was rushed into the ambulance and taken away.

More people joined the crowd at the scene and asked what happened. “There was a shooting in the food court,” kept being whispered through the crowd like a game of telephone. I was standing near a security guard when I heard him say over his walkie talkie, “One fatality.” At this point I was convinced I was going to throw up. I’m not an EMT or a police officer. I’m not trained to handle crime and murder. Gun crimes are fairly common where I grew up in Texas, but I never imagined I’d experience a violent crime first hand. I’m on vacation and wanted to eat and go shopping. Everyone else at the mall probably wanted the same thing. I doubt anyone left for the mall imagined they witness a shooting.

I was shown how fragile life was on Saturday. I saw the terror on bystanders’ faces. I saw the victims of a senseless crime. I saw lives change. I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath. For one man, it was in the middle of a busy food court on a Saturday evening.

I say all the time that every moment we have to live our life is a blessing. So often I have found myself taking it for granted. Every hug from a family member. Every laugh we share with friends. Even the times of solitude are all blessings. Every second of every day is a gift. After Saturday evening, I know I truly understand how blessed I am for each second I am given.

I feel like I am overreacting about what I experienced. But I can’t help but be thankful for whatever caused me to make the choices that I made that day. My mind keeps replaying what I saw over in my head. I hope the victims make a full recovery. I wish I could shake this odd feeling from my chest. The feeling that’s reminding me how blessed I am. The same feeling that made me leave the Eaton Center. The feeling that may have potentially saved my life.
    "Truth is treason in the empire of lies"...Ron Paul
    "A government is a bunch of people, usually, notably ungoverned"...
    Shepherd Book, Firefly

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Libertytree For This Useful Post:

Dogman (20th July 2012),zap (20th July 2012)

Rebel Without a Clue sirgonzo420's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,312 Times in 665 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madfranks View Post
    Yeah, but can you imagine trying to shoot back in a dark, chaotic, crowded theater? How many people are between you and the gunman running from side to side? How easy would it be to hit someone else by mistake?
    Of course, it would be an extremely trying circumstance, but as for myself, I tend to sit in the very back row of the movie theater on the rare occasion when I am in one (near the horse in the picture), so the shooter would likely be entering "below" me and to my right/left in front of me, illuminated by the big screen (entering from point "1" to the left/right/underneath the seats/stairs). I imagine that it would be immediately chaotic, with people ducking for cover and scrambling to run AWAY from the shooter, so the shooter would be more or less cornered, having entered through either the left or right side, and would be somewhere near the screen (point "2" on either the left or right side). In my imagination, it would be easy to identify the shooter, as the bulk of people would be moving away from him. I could draw my weapon, concealed and higher-up in the back row, and empty my magazine until I got the son-of-a-bitch. I suppose it is possible that someone be caught in the crossfire, but I figure that that is a risk I would rather take than simply wait for the gunman to stop.

I haven't messed with "Paint" for a while, so I figured I'd make a little diagram using a picture found on the internet. The gunman is the little red star, with his two most likely points of attack depicted. The red arrows coming from the star are his general direction of attack, and the green arrows are my counter-attack.

Attachment 3219

VERITAS LVX MEA ET VINCIT OMNIA VERITAS.
    All Rights Reserved. - No liability assumed. - No value assured. - Without recourse. - Not amenable to process. - Not to be construed as legal advice. - From without the UNITED STATES.
    Send me encrypted msg/mail with PGP! ---> http://tiny.cc/dpr6ew

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sirgonzo420 For This Useful Post:

Osiris (20th July 2012)

Rebel Without a Clue sirgonzo420's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,312 Times in 665 Posts

That Jessica Redfield story is quite remarkable.

VERITAS LVX MEA ET VINCIT OMNIA VERITAS.
    All Rights Reserved. - No liability assumed. - No value assured. - Without recourse. - Not amenable to process. - Not to be construed as legal advice. - From without the UNITED STATES.
    Send me encrypted msg/mail with PGP! ---> http://tiny.cc/dpr6ew

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 4,537 Posts

TSA at the movie theaters...

Coming soon.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Shami-Amourae For This Useful Post:

sunshine05 (20th July 2012)

Palladium
    Thanks

This guy tosses out tear gas and he's wearing a gas mask and one of the links posted says he was also wearing a bullet proof vest. If he was indeed wearing a bullet proof vest a head shot would be needed in that gas filled chaotic killing room...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,266 Times in 1,345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tater View Post
    This guy tosses out tear gas and he's wearing a gas mask and one of the links posted says he was also wearing a bullet proof vest. If he was indeed wearing a bullet proof vest a head shot would be needed in that gas filled chaotic killing room...
    A shot to the chest would still put him on the ground out of control for several seconds.

Also, what happened according to reports (and what I would expect) is that a lot of people hit the ground once the shooting started, so the target may not have been that encumbered.