Thanked 6,454 Times in 4,275 Posts

3, 2, 1: NBC News Injects Race Into 'Batman' Shooting

NBC News Injects Race Into 'Batman' Shooting

Fire it up 425

Tweet

MSNBC

MSNBC Host Jumps the Shark, Tries to Make Colorado About Race

By Katie Pavlich | News Editor, Townhall

MSNBC's Toure is at it again. This time he has turned the tragedy in Colorado into, you guessed it, a debate about race. Toure accused supporters of the Second Amendment of wanting to ensure "white people" had access to guns while keeping "black criminals" from getting them. He also invoked the Trayvon Martin situation, which has nothing to do with what happened in Colorado last Friday. Here is what he said.

We never have this debate until we have a tragedy and then its over emotionalized, its over fraught [sic], you can't have a substantive debate when everybody's so sensitive.

Day to day crime, as we've talked about, has fallen over the last 20 years so I think the average voter feels less of the fear that would motivate lawmakers to do something. These spectacular mass killings are way up from when our dads were kids -- I think there was something like 11 in the 50s and 60s and over 550 in the last part of the last century a decade ago.

So, those things sort of make us think about these things, but we understand those are outlier crimes, somebody going to shoot up the mall or shoot up the school. I would hope that it would be something like a Trayvon Martin situation that would make people think, 'Wow. wrongful death, even though it's a legal gun owner. How do we move forward from this situation?' But so much of this issue, I think comes down to, 'Let's make sure law abiding white people are able to have access to guns and make sure that black criminals are not and that becomes part of the locus of the problem.

And we don't even want to talk about that sort of racial, black sort of bottom of it all, but that's definitely part of it.
    Jackie did it and you know it!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cebu_4_2 For This Useful Post:

Down1 (25th July 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

Re: 3, 2, 1: NBC News Injects Race Into 'Batman' Shooting

Yes, that's it, the locus of the problem is that whites can buy guns but blacks cannot. How exactly would that have prevented the massacre?
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

Thanks

Remember the black sniper in Washington D.C.?

Any other black mass killers?

The kid from VA Tech was Asian.
    Voting is the opium of the masses.

Great Value Carrots willie pete's Avatar
    Thanks

why would this guy want black criminals to have guns at all? or any other criminals?
    If you don't think to good, don't think too much

6. The Following User Says Thank You to willie pete For This Useful Post:

k-os (25th July 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,083 Times in 2,713 Posts

im still trying to wrap my head around what this prick is trying to say.....i read his comment three times and still cant follow the bouncing ball.

he should take over for rod streling on the twilight zone intros
    Honor The Most High, Keep His Commandments and all will go well with you.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Twisted Titan For This Useful Post:

Down1 (25th July 2012),Gaillo (25th July 2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by willie pete View Post
    why would this guy want black criminals to have guns at all? or any other criminals?
    Because all this clown sees is BLACK. He could give a damn if they're criminal..

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PlatinumBlonde For This Useful Post:

willie pete (25th July 2012)

Copper
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cebu_4_2 View Post
    I think comes down to, 'Let's make sure law abiding white people are able to have access to guns and make sure that black criminals are not and that becomes part of the locus of the problem.
    Hey MSNBC douchebags, not caring if they break the law is what makes them CRIMINALS. I don't want black criminals to have access to guns. I don't want any criminals to. But they are going to get guns anyway. That's why law abiding citizens need to have them too. That's what we've been saying all along. "Law abiding citizen" vs "criminal" not black against white.

And that part about people being less afraid. 1st of all, BULL. I'm more afraid of some gangbanger capping me or my family than I ever was before. 2nd, even if it day to day crime is down that's proof that guns prevent crime too. There are more people carrying today than 20 years ago. I bet if they check the numbers there is more violent crime now even if petty crimes are down.

Ps PlatinumBlonde beat me to it. Hmmm. Maybe if I could type faster.