Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Benefits of Turmeric

beefsteak

Re: Benefits of Turmeric

He's my brother-in-law as well as my friend. His jaundice is barely discernible and is on bear bile replacement medicine 2 or 3 times a day, I don't remember.

I haven't been able to influence his diet with dialog, but do know he's investigating consuming tumeric.

His diagnosis is only about 4 months old.

I agree that it is dangerous, thus the level of my questions.

Again, my apologies for not using the right adjectives trying to explain his particular obstruction. I should have said scarred from the git-go.

I just don't remember the percentage of scarred shut he was told after his biopsy. Obviously he still has some liver bile ducts working or he'd be dead already, right?

Sure, he'd like to get rid of the scarring. I personally didn't think to ask that question because I assumed it was not possible. Is natural scar tissue replacement with healthy tissue even an option? I think he's 73 but I'm just guessing. He's older than my wife, Helen.

My question still is about the safety of him using tumeric in any amount to keep healthy and clear whatever percentage of working bile ducts he has left. That's my question because it is his question of me.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to beefsteak For This Useful Post:

Old Herb Lady

Oh Beefsteak, it's okay, sometimes when face to face with a person it takes hours to even get all the info to comprehend.

He probably would turn the color of a carrot if he didn't have some of those ducts working properly !

I can not tell you if turmeric would be safe or unsafe for him to take. There are wayyy too many unknowns.
    I have no idea !!

As far as scar tissue, castor oil packs is what I was getting at for helping to clear that, however, there is just no way
    to give you an answer. It is way too complex to give someone ideas without knowing more about him.. so sorry !!

The only thing that I can possibly suggest is go back to Doc's website ( dr schulze ) and email him on his blog...

Thanks

This guy just looks to happy on the cover of a bowel cleanse book!
    To control the opposition, one must start the opposition. Joseph Stalin
    My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me."
    My people have perished for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I reject you from being priest for Me. Since you have forgotten the Torah of your Elohim, I also forget your children.

Old Herb Lady

He should be happy ! He's one of The Greatest Herbalists/ Natural Healers this world has ever seen and his bowel is CLEAN !

Thanks

I add some to my salads. Not a great taste, but not horrible either. I don't like it, but i eat it for the supposed health benefits.

I believe mustard has turmeric in it.
    http://www.dailystormer.com

Thanks
    Thanked 2,105 Times in 1,033 Posts

i started eating it on everything about 4 months at ohl's suggestion. i have nerve entrapment from a hernia repair. works WONDERFULLY. it's the equivalent of taking ibuprofen or some other type of otc pain killer. it take s awhile to build up in your susyem, but it does work. again, thanks to ohl!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,607 Times in 4,200 Posts

sounds like we really only need ONE THING stocking our kitchens or med cabinets after all!

Curcumin, boswellia and natural remedies better than pain meds

Sunday, September 30, 2012 by: Dr. Phil Domenico

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/037376_curcumin_boswellia_chronic_pain.html

and COINCIDENTALLY, naturalnews store sells all you turmeric/curcumin needs and more!
    FAKE "ELECTIONS" - Why Ron Paul Can't "Win"

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PatColo For This Useful Post:

Glass (3rd October 2012)

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,181 Times in 2,248 Posts

I headed off to the local health food place on the weekend. Grabbed some Tumeric tablets. Been taking them this week. Forgot this morning.

Nothing astounding to report. Early days yet. I am going to make my own going forward because $1 per pill is a bit steep. Same price for probotics as well. Not sure the alternatives for that though.

Since starting the Lipsomal back in February I've been on a roller coaster and the lows have been pretty low. I did start plans to get my affairs in order. Seems like a 2 month cycle. Felt great month 1 , crap month 2, 3 was good but 4 was not good, 5th month was average, 6th month was the end of the line, I felt very ill. Since then it's been mostly good. Less and less ill, more and more good.

Hoping tumeric will help deal with anything nasty that might trying to take advantage of things. We'll see.
    Great minds discuss Ideas, Average minds discuss Events, Small minds discuss People. E.R.

Anytime I'm in doubt I go outside and give it a little shake.
    Liberty Tree.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beefsteak View Post
    Was it you, PatColo who posted last week a native Indian "healer" video who advised about needing to use 6:1 coriander to tumeric to compensate for the overheating of the liver that has just been asked to process the tumeric by itself when found in food? He stated that coriander was the required "cooler" that offset the
    heat generating property of tumeric in the liver which could damage the liver.

Wish I could find that again...it was about 8 minutes long if I recall, and was only the one male speaker.

There was another "item" that should be consumed" at the same time as coriander and tumeric. THAT WOULD BE FENNEL, also 6:1 tumeric ratio.

I do know that he did NOT mention any black pepper consumption with tumeric which I've read is highly recommended elsewhere. Mercola perhaps?
    It's a good thing you spelled out those coriander & fennel words in your post- I just (re)watched his vid in reply 10, and his accent is so thick I could barely recognize those words when he repeatedly spoke them.

Coriander - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Coriander (Coriandrum sativum), also known as cilantro, ...

ah but wait, not so fast,

Coriander and Cilantro: What is the Difference?

So any advice out there, for someone like me who would like to get some regular turmeric/curcumin consumption going, but doesn't have regular access to a kitchen for proper cooking? I bought a little 50G bag of turmeric powder a month or so back (< $1), and have just been taking a spoonful's worth 1-2x day around meal time, washing down with whatever fluid is handy. No coriander/cilantro/fennel etc accompaniment. But I'd like to fix that (imagining it is in fact a problem). I think of cilantro as a fresh/green herb, not a powder or pill I can buy a bunch of and keep dry, travel easily with etc. All I've done in light of the vid in reply 10 is, hit my food extra heavy with the black table pepper..

paging OHL!

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz

Thanks

where can I invest in some enterprise which will explode thanks to an emerging turmeric/curcumin craze?

Turmeric May Repair and Regenerate Diabetic Liver Function

Sayer Ji, Contributor
    Activist Post

Groundbreaking new research published in the Journal of the Medical Association of Thailand found that curcumin, the primary polyphenol in turmeric, is capable of repairing and even regenerating the liver tissues of diabetic rats.

The research was performed at Srinakharinwirot University in Bangkok, Thailand. The administration of curcumin to diabetic rats, whose livers showed the characteristic pathology and destruction of liver tissues and microvasculature, resulted in significant reversal of the condition.

They noted: [...]
    more: http://www.activistpost.com/2012/10/...egenerate.html

edit: article above embeds this 17 min YT vid,
    "The Most Exhaustive Turmeric Research Archive on the Internet: GreenMedInfo.com"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2AZOMu0bVA

Uploaded by patienthealthyself on Apr 3, 2011
    Sayer Ji, founder of GreenMedInfo.com, discusses his findings after reviewing
    all 3900 study abstracts on Turmeric (and its primary polyphenol Curcumin) on the US National Library Medicine's database (pubmed.gov). GreenMedInfo.com now houses 1500 carefully indexed studies on this plant, indexed across 589 diseases and 152 pharmacological actions. The research can be found here http://www.greenmedinfo.com/substance/turmeric Also, check out the all new information-packed Turmeric Health Guide: http://www.greenmedinfo.com/guide/health-guide-turmeric

I also find this YT playlist there, 10 vids,