Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Gold Price for the Next 16 Years

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

Re: The Gold Price for the Next 16 Years

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    OK, I see what you m ant Neuro. I was only looking at the big one. I've drawn the small in purple, and the big in teal. My line puts the bigger breakout down near $1675, but there's a lot of latitude in drawing big pennants.

Attachment 3512
    Getting close to the breakout of the larger pennant, now then! But I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a few weeks before reaming...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,124 Times in 607 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neuro View Post
    Getting close to the breakout of the larger pennant, now then! But I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a few weeks before reaming...
    Just touched $1675 this morning. Let's see if it deflects back downward, or is able to break through.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Just touched $1675 this morning. Let's see if it deflects back downward, or is able to break through.
    Now in the low 1670's again. Wouldn't be surprised if it goes down to $1640 once before charging through...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Neuro For This Useful Post:

Sparky (24th August 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,058 Times in 1,395 Posts

the Cartel worked very hard to push silver into the $27's and gold below $1600.

looks like they've been resting recently.

next week is options expiry.

i think they'll make another push, and try to get gold down to $1620 and silver back to the $28's.
    Retired Director Morris Waxler says the FDA did not do their job for 15 years - and is not now.

HelpStopLASIK.com

Thanks

Now in the low 1670's again. Wouldn't be surprised if it goes down to $1640 once before charging through...
    Perfect, gold bounced at $1644 yesterday, and cut through $1675 resistance like a hot knife through butter!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neuro For This Useful Post:

Sparky (1st September 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,223 Times in 2,640 Posts

Perfect, gold bounced at $1644 yesterday, and cut through $1675 resistance like a hot knife through butter!
    It seems to me that gold is like a loaded spring. As it ascends, a cascade of stops get triggered, automatically closing out shorts and driving the price even higher. If I were an institutional investor, sitting on bonds yielding nothing and stocks looking toppy, and 20-30% underfunded, I'd be looking at gold real hard right about now and asking myself "do I really want to risk missing this gold bull run? And what if my competitors jump on board and I don't." Obviously, being a gold bug I am prejudicial for gold. But, if gold continues to climb next week and breachs 1700, then I think the institutional managers are going to start buying gold. If that happens, gold will move to $2000 and beyond within weeks.
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

Thanks
    Thanked 2,105 Times in 1,033 Posts

gold will absolutely be $2,000 by year's end. wish i had some

Thanks
    Thanked 6,223 Times in 2,640 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    gold will absolutely be $2,000 by year's end. wish i had some
    There is a silver lining: gold will do very well but silver is going to do spectacularly. Silver will outperform gold. When gold hits $5000 and silver hits $250, if you feel the need then that is when you should trade some silver for some gold.
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

Thanks
    Thanked 2,105 Times in 1,033 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mamboni View Post
    There is a silver lining: gold will do very well but silver is going to do spectacularly. Silver will outperform gold. When gold hits $5000 and silver hits $250, if you feel the need then that is when you should trade some silver for some gold.
    noted good doctor

Thanks

Looking at the Chart, above it looks like we will encounter some resistance at around $1760, and then later around $ 1800, on the move up to $1920 and beyond... But so far almost a perfect parabolic rise since May this year!