Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Rewrote the Bible? Dr. Lorraine Day on Spingola

Thanks

Re: Who Rewrote the Bible? Dr. Lorraine Day on Spingola

Thanks for the OP Pat, I will definitely look at this.
    Quote Originally Posted by StreetsOfGold View Post
    I'll give this a listen to later but I already have a critism. The following 2 points listed (below) are already erroneous. Why? Becuase there is NO SUCH THING as the "original manuscripts" Every "original" ever written is long gone. There are ONLY copies and translations available. So this woman is already trying to "con" the unlearned by implying something exists, which doesn't. There are various fragments, minuscules (cursives), and manuscripts (NOT "ORIGINALS) available but, I repeat, NO "Original manuscripts". She is being deceptive in using this phrase. This same phrase (repeated) and used in "Bible" schools for decades that have been inflitrated by Jesuits to introduce the Alexandrian school of thought that the "oldest and best" (meaning the Roman Catholic) manuscripts are closest to the "originals". Of course, this is shear unadulterated baloney.
    A lot of your posts on here regarding The Roman Catholic Church are beyond baloney, crazy and inflamatory, we have discussed translations on here numerous times with exact names of works and their history, people like you are not students and do not care to learn, you have some sort of agenda on here. I'm done repeating myself, in general, trolls on here will just repeat nonsense without learning and studying, don't care to learn, real sources, issues. In the 2 plus years we have been here with noobs and known people going back to GIM this is more apparent as each day passes. Someone on here will tell me I am religious or a Christian posting about historical aspects, about translations, history, how it works, others on here will do the exact opposite and say, " you are not a Christian ", I am not in the middle of these two comments coming from different sides. People study the OT for historical purposes, not just religious, and I am no fan of the OT, the NT, that is where Christianity comes from, these bible thumping OTers lose me totally, you never see them outing the Jews for one, they seem to hate Europeans, European History, and do a good job of making Christians look bad, they play the role of dividers real good, ignore much of the related history I posted on here, deliberately clueless, they play dividers, many " protestants" play this role it seems, Anty Ep years ago was right about this, how Jews promoted it as division in Europe, exacerbating divisions, I always thought the Reformation/CounterR were good things, how did it work out for England and that base used against the rest of us, Cromwell history ? , Anty Ep was the giant of GIM, put us on to much of this hidden history.
    Quote Originally Posted by steyr_m View Post
    I'm just guessing; but maybe that the oldest surviving manuscripts are probably more reflective to the originals than what is around today, and she's going by that.
    I count 5 trolls above on this issue regarding Christianity, OT, translations, maybe you can find my posts going back to translations, history of OT, and a more recent thread where we did it again, Awoke was involved and JohnQ, recently I got a couple of OT's, Awoke and I were in PM discussing this and sharing, buying books, links , etc, without speaking to line by line details of translations, translations have numerous issues, just reading classics you understand this clearly, this is always an issue, and discussed regularly, why would it be different for any work, the KJV has the most serious even though it's language is more poetic than some " more accurate translations " , here is what I am talking about, take the most original, invent a new " hebrew" language, Invent, yes, translate to that, nobody read or spoke "hebrew" it was a dead and lost language, think about that one, at about the same time the Kaballah and Talmud were written down, it's all Rabbi's, then from that OT in the new invented language, translate to older English, meanwhile the most original transcripts that went to " hebrew " exist, the main point of the exercise for me is to see what has changed where it is important, seeing the Jews have an agenda for us, this task is tuff for just a casual reader, you need direction, hence good OP and why we need someone like MJK on here. " White Nationalists " have been looking at this for years. I started this study on their forums. Ask anyone here to give you a history of the OT, and they will not do it, they don't care to know it, only Magnes has ever given it to you, why, because it pisses everyone off except the students of history, the Jews, the Christians, the OT thumpers especially, the Europeans even who don't like Christians like many Nordics. Jews actively lie about how the OT was created, mostly by omission, lead people to make assumptions, that is what I find the most interesting, they hate the Greeks and the Ptolemies and target them, posters on here do the same. This post is messed up and I banged it off quickly. Here's a simple exercise, go to amazon and look up OT's and NT's and the different versions, translations, have a look at the related books, read posts on amazon, I guarantee you that you will learn a lot just by doing this exercise, example, book " Learning NT Greek ", and that is the NT, one of the least problematic for translations relative to the OT and KJV. Be as student and do not rely on peoples posts on here.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNocturnalEgyptian View Post
    Certain stories contained in the bible have been found carved into rock tablets of Sumeria, aspects of the biblical story are older than the bible. That is proven. In the bible you have essentially a gatekeeper omitting certain parts of history for you, councils of rich men, TPTB of their day, sat around deciding what would and what would not make it into the bible....under the guise of some of it being true and some it being untrue...They were really just deciding how much of their original source to include.
    Your comments are very general, I have related comments above, and in the past more detail a few times. About stories, different people live in the same region and suffer the same events, they record them, it does not mean that they are ripping each other off, but I believe that is the case in some instances, depends on the story. People back then were more advanced than we give them credit for, they knew of each other and traded with each other and spoke each others languages to be able to travel and trade the way they did, 1200 BC there was advanced trade in the Med/BlackSea, the Iliad is about this, civil war, control of the seas and trade, an earth changing event recorded by everyone triggers this, Philistines are involved, OT " Jews " record how they wanted to ripp off the Philistines, same time period, Ptolemies saw the original version of the OT as the " Jews " History/Mythology/Beliefs 300BC.
    LARGE SARGE LEFT. Dogman4Socks, regarding Hoarder and LargeSarge accounts. " Edit: Bet it was no accident, maybe a point being made ?" " and for the one that did it , kudos for doing it. tho ye will remain unnamed... do not doubt this was an accident. "
    "This is a cult forum, that restricts open freedom and open opinions to be posted" "I've said before, if I get a chance to meet MAGNES in person, I'd be happy to knock his lights out" Mr 6 Sock Puppet Jew Troll
    LINK > bit.ly/NnMbmG

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MAGNES For This Useful Post:

mick silver (9th January 2013),PatColo (3rd September 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,086 Times in 925 Posts

This is a great show that Patcolo posted...I urge all GSUS'ers to download and listen. Judaites v Jews v Israelites. Dr Day hits on a lot of the important issues surrounding the facts about who the real 'Jews' are. She goes into a lot of the background stories of the Bible, and the connections to today's lies that are promoted.

She goes on to prove that the people who are inhabiting the area of 'Israel' are not the real Judaites, and thus have no right to be there. They are imposters.

As usual, this is another top quality post by Patcolo........
    My Etsy store: https://twitter.com/xIOWNMEx

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iOWNme For This Useful Post:

MAGNES (1st September 2012),PatColo (1st September 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,415 Posts

She does a great job at being a revisionist on the bible - looking at what the "original" scriptures say compared to how they are written in english. She does this through what's called an "interlinear bible". What she's discovered are several key things:
    • the concept of "hell" has been distorted. Generally that word isn't actually used where we see it in english translations
    • other qualities of God that show these harsh characteristics are distorted
    • the concept of "Jews" and "gentiles" doesn't appear in the bible. Rather, there are state/tribe designations (Judeans, etc) and gentiles are unbelievers. Jesus wasn't a "Jew"
    • Judaism only came into existence after Jesus' death

In my view, this is important, objective, research.

Maybe this is an off-topic issue, but she also seems to have the view that, once translated properly, these texts absolutely true and infallible. I don't know if she believes any other texts or books exist with the same status as divinely inspired works. I don't think I can accept that the bible is necessarily 100.00% true in every passage, or that it contains all truth/knowledge that is needed.

In other words, it appears that for her to be convinced of something, all that needs to happen is to be able to quote a passage from the bible, or piece together reasoning from different parts of it. I think instead we should look at everything out there. What about the Nag Hammadi library for example?

The problem with assuming that something is 100% true and divine is that it makes everything too complicated, and takes to many years of research, because every sentence is absolutely true. How to interpret it? Who translated it, and from what translation? What are the exact meaning of the words? Who wrote it, and when? How can one work be fully divine, but another work is decided not to be divine? There has to be some built-in fault tolerance on our part. We have to take the concepts and principles of these works as a stimulus for finding the truth from within ourselves.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vacuum For This Useful Post:

iOWNme (2nd September 2012),singular_me (2nd September 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,868 Times in 2,349 Posts

Thanks
    Thanked 2,434 Times in 1,844 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vacuum View Post
    the concept of "hell" has been distorted. Generally that word isn't actually used where we see it in english translations
    other qualities of God that show these harsh characteristics are distorted
    the concept of "Jews" and "gentiles" doesn't appear in the bible. Rather, there are state/tribe designations (Judeans, etc) and gentiles are unbelievers. Jesus wasn't a "Jew"
    Judaism only came into existence after Jesus' death
    I will surely listen to it some time tomorrow, sounds compelling

I can see why Judaism had to be created as Christianity was set to take over. Problem, reaction, solution. Islam came into existence 600 years or so after the death of Christ. Lets gave a 3rd nemesis to control the populaces even further...

The problem with assuming that something is 100% true and divine is that it makes everything too complicated, and takes to many years of research, because every sentence is absolutely true. How to interpret it? Who translated it, and from what translation? What are the exact meaning of the words? Who wrote it, and when? How can one work be fully divine, but another work is decided not to be divine? There has to be some built-in fault tolerance on our part. We have to take the concepts and principles of these works as a stimulus for finding the truth from within ourselves.
    It is sad that in 48 BC Julius Caesar accidentally burned the library down when he set fire to his own ships... how convenient. I am almost sure that many books escaped it but it allowed the PTB to remove them from the public and plot the next step.

when I see christian members on here disagreeing in this particular thread, I can only shake my head... I let them fight about which translators to believe. It is practically impossible to convince anyone to start with, as everybody has different perceptions of Reality due to his own life experiences. We cannot see, understand and speak alike, that is simple as that. Those who think it is achievable are commies in disguise. All we can do is exchanging our povs without trashing one another to get a picture of a "Greater Reality"... as you said, truth is within.
    All the money that exists cannot buy Earth, and the evidence is that we destroy our habitat as a result, thinking that we can just seize and pillage as we see fit. If crowds endorse the pursuit of wealth at their own level, they cannot prevent multinationals from doing exactly the same. The “dystopian endless growth paradigm” is going to end with a bang but will open the door to a premise endorsing that Earth is the only wealth we truly have while journeying through life.

beefsteak

Quote Originally Posted by undgrd View Post
    I'm about halfway though. The good doctor mentions a list of reasons why people get cancer. She basically blames the folks who get cancer because of diet and stress they internalize. Does she ever explain how/why children die of cancer?
    Just spotted this weekend on her 183 Specific FAQs on her website, that she DID address this one. She lays the blame squarely on the mother and the obvious incubatory symbiosis of the fetus in the womb state with cancer being just one of the set ups post-partum.

Didn't say she dwelt on it, just that she mentioned it in passing, at least in the truncated "listen" link.

beefsteak
    Last edited by beefsteak; 3rd September 2012 at 05:38 AM. Reason: couldn't spell "it" correctly. :)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,833 Times in 999 Posts

She seems like a very nice lady, and her opinions are just as important as yours or mine.
    "Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they found it."

beefsteak

Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    She seems like a very nice lady, and her opinions are just as important as yours or mine.
    +1

I'll even go so far as to add, it was finally nice, after all these decades of my life, to hear some intelligent responses to my age old questions of my faith, where things just didn't line up right logically. Her statements came from her research. I'm glad she shared them. Even put them into print. 900 pages!!!!!! Makes me wonder what other goodies she noodled out courtesy of her focused research using her logic and interlinear texts.

Those of my generation were taught to "stuff it" or memorize and just do it, a pedagogy replete with all the attendant guilt, triggered when I'd fall short of the mark.

An example is the rote: Roman Road Routine. While I did memorize it and use it back in the day as I was trained to do, I always wondered about those who'd never heard of, Book of Romans, author Paul, or even Jehovah in the first place. Always seemed to me that Jehovah had an inherent responsibility to reach out first to the created ones (us) and our eternal destiny not dependent upon when we first learned of Jehovah's existance, let alone institutionalized religious practices.

Loved her extrapolation on the Hell schtick. Whattagal'

beefsteak

Thanks
    Thanked 6,607 Times in 4,200 Posts

Rev Ted Pike 1 hour talk, haven't listened yet, but description sounded like a good excuse to bump this thread
    find archives of his other talks here: http://www.truthtellers.org/biblicalanswers.html

NEW
    10-24-12
    Is It Bad To Have So Many Denominations In Christianity?
    Roman Catholics consider the Protestant Reformation a disaster: it took spiritual authority from the ecclesiastical successors of St. Peter and gave it to all who claim to be "born again."

As such, Catholics deplore the proliferation of denominations within Protestantism. They assert such fragmentation and debate within Christ's body, the church, cannot possibly be the will of God.

Is diversification of the church into denominations ungodly? In this Bible study, we will consider—and resolve, this issue which, even for many Protestants, is troubling.

Click Here to Stream (.ram)
    Right Click Here to Download (.mp3; 58min., 13mb)
    FAKE "ELECTIONS" - Why Ron Paul Can't "Win"

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz

Thanks
    Thanked 2,434 Times in 1,844 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sui Juris View Post
    ...I urge all GSUS'ers to download and listen. Judaites v Jews v Israelites. Dr Day hits on a lot of the important issues surrounding the facts about who the real 'Jews' are.
    being so busy doing fall property clean-ups these days I kept postponing but yesterday I finally did listen... while what she says about Israel, Judaism and Judaites is truly compelling, and although I like to hear from other sources before making up my mind, I believe that Dr Day picture to be quite accurate.

here is something that many of you will for sure find interesting: 15 years or so ago I wrote a screenplay about Hatshepsut (which I almost sold Phoenix Pictures a few months before 911), the only female pharaoh, and whose father Thutmose I spent many years of his reign to fight the Hyksos and eventually expelled them for good. My research about the latter (at the time) seems to indicate that they were hebrew ancestors so to speak. And this could corroborate the fact that the terms jew and judaism didnt exist back then: I am speaking of more or less 1500 BC. However listening to Dr Day helped me connect a few dots.

The historian Josephus maintains that the Hyksos were in fact the children of Jacob who joined his son Joseph to escape the famine in the land of Canaan.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyksos
    Quote Originally Posted by Sui Juris View Post
    She goes into a lot of the background stories of the Bible, and the connections to today's lies that are promoted.
    That was highly captivating as I also have always felt that God is incapable of extortion as all He is Love. It is failing to understand this that causes evil. So it has to be a man made threat. Dont believe much here in "poor translations", sorry. Interesting to hear that the definition of "Hell" came much later, that it wasnt originally in the Bible. She also states that Christianity is not a religion at some point, does not seek to convert, that it is for people who already believe. If Christians on here had the same approach, all the fights in the religious forum would have been avoided. I feel perfectly in tune with what she says about the Bible - and more importantly Christ. This is for sure something the theosophists have always known. Going that road is a "no go" on GSUS, unless one takes the risk to be called a troll and an worshiper of evil. Good job at ostracizing the truth, Id say.

I truly recommend this interview, give it a 4 star rating (out of 5)

while we truly have a zionist threat to resolve worldwide, what intrigues me highly is HOW they were able to accumulate so much influence throughout the centuries. I am sure it is rooted in religion/esotericism, not only economics... and when that will be exposed, all organized religions may well collapse. And right fully so, the more the occult is being revealed, in the end the more we have to be careful what we wish for.
    All the money that exists cannot buy Earth, and the evidence is that we destroy our habitat as a result, thinking that we can just seize and pillage as we see fit. If crowds endorse the pursuit of wealth at their own level, they cannot prevent multinationals from doing exactly the same. The “dystopian endless growth paradigm” is going to end with a bang but will open the door to a premise endorsing that Earth is the only wealth we truly have while journeying through life.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to singular_me For This Useful Post:

messianicdruid (9th January 2013),MNeagle (26th October 2012),PatColo (26th October 2012)