Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Massive Tax Increases If Obama Re-Elected- Be warned!

Thanks

Re: Massive Tax Increases If Obama Re-Elected- Be warned!

i'm gonna go on welfare, get health care and climb everyday if this asshole gets re-elected
    where's my Karma?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,223 Times in 2,640 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I only watched it once, but applied the marginal rate to the whole income to come up with first number, and the mortgage deduction and state taxes he says a $2000 mortgage and simply applies 40% to it. It would be the INTEREST from the $2000 mortgage times the marginal rate, and the state tax times the marginal rate. I also haven't heard about this anywhere else. What I have heard is that AMT is going to hammer EVERYONE that makes more than like 100k and that will phase out all these deductions. I am not sure if that was part of what he was getting at?

It's gonna suck, even if his numbers are wrong....
    OK - no point in getting bogged down arguing about whether it's a shit sandwich made with white bread or rye.
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mamboni For This Useful Post:

madfranks (12th September 2012),Mouse (12th September 2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cortez View Post
    i'm gonna go on welfare, get health care and climb everyday if this asshole gets re-elected
    Spoke to a colleague about it today, an internist - old country doctor type - good caring man. He told me he's tired of working 'til 10 PM every night to pay for all this government largesse. I told him I'll be cutting my hours down until my gross income drops at least 30-40% - take more vacations and expense to my practice. He agreed.
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mamboni For This Useful Post:

cortez (12th September 2012),osoab (12th September 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,724 Times in 1,852 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mamboni View Post
    I'll be cutting my hours down until my gross income drops
    Income ... undefined
    Gross income ... all income from any source whatsoever

Mayhap you might be able to figure this puzzle out?
    Make me one with everything.
    -- Zen Master to the hot dog vendor

7. The Following User Says Thank You to palani For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (12th September 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,297 Times in 1,398 Posts

If he institutes "Obamacare" I will either take an exemption or be out of work. If I have to live on the street or in the sticks for these last few years, so be it.
    SPECTRISM time countdown2025

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,841 Times in 7,906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by palani View Post
    Income ... undefined

That's like someone saying, "Give me a gross of widgets" and you respond by saying, "what kind of widget are you referring to specifically?" - then they look at you like you've lost your mind when clearly they are incapable of rational thought.

Additionally, this sort of utter nonsense only applies to those naive enough to claim to be a 'US citizen'.
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

10. The Following User Says Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

palani (12th September 2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by palani View Post
    Income ... undefined

You know Palani, some friendly advice: don't talk this way in real life to strangers. Thye might not be amused by your obtusity.

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,841 Times in 7,906 Posts

You know Palani, some friendly advice: don't talk this way in real life to strangers. Thye might not be amused by your obtusity.
    Hey, he's just stating PRECISELY what the IRC says - nothing more, nothing less.

The IRC has a definition for 'gross income' however the IRC has NO definition for 'income'. The term 'gross' is not that difficult to comprehend (even when it comes to 'legal' terms), however WTF is 'income'*??** ('gross income' being two words, thus TWO distinct concepts)

*'income' is DEFINITELY NOT 'compensation', 'cause insurance payouts ('compensation') have been ruled by the courts to be NOT taxable and NOT 'income'

**btw, rhetorical question - I know wtf the deal is - the 'income tax' is not a tax on income, it IS a tax on a corporate privilege or activity, and the amount of 'income' is meaning a means of assessing the tax
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

Thanks
    Thanked 2,724 Times in 1,852 Posts

The internal revenue started in England around the 1810's. They had a discussion of it in a parliament funded study 100 years later. When asked for the definition of income the question was left unanswered.
    Make me one with everything.
    -- Zen Master to the hot dog vendor

14. The Following User Says Thank You to palani For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (12th September 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,209 Times in 1,161 Posts

It's threads like these that make me think that I should try and sign up for whatever handout I can get. 0 income Barely gettin by so WTF? It is nice though getting off the radar but damn it seems there's a LOT of perks in poverty, lol.
    "Truth is treason in the empire of lies"...Ron Paul
    "A government is a bunch of people, usually, notably ungoverned"...
    Shepherd Book, Firefly