Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drug Forfeiture May Lead to Seizure of Township.

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,159 Times in 1,916 Posts

Drug Forfeiture May Lead to Seizure of Township.

Another reason to have a "Land Patent"... the power to be won't be able to go into your property unless they have a warrant from the US Supreme Court or the US president... and even flying over your property is illegal because the land patent covers "ALL ABOVE AND ALL BELOW".
    ================================================== ==========

Jay McCloskey served as U.S. Attorney in Maine for eight years. In the mid 1980s, before he took over the top job, McCloskey worked his share of drug cases as a lower-level federal prosecutor. "There were large-scale importations along the coast of Maine involving anywhere from ten thousand to sixty thousand pounds of marijuana. Vessels the size of 300 feet or more," McCloskey said.

He also said that during this period the government began using the federal forfeiture law heavily in its drug investigations. The idea was to take control of anything that was aiding and abetting all the drug trafficking.

"The government would go after the boats, the vessels, the property, foreign bank accounts," he said.

The government also began seizing land where marijuana was grown or stored. In 2011, the U.S. Justice Department seized nearly $66 million of so-called "real property." Drug-related land forfeiture in Maine has become a relatively common part of federal investigations, a move that doesn't turn too many heads, that is, until this month, when U.S. attorneys handed down an indictment that seeks to take control of an entire township. McCloskey said he's never seen anything like it.

"I think it can be said pretty clearly that, in terms of the number of acres, this is the largest case on which the federal government has tried to forfeit in Maine," he said.
    The more than 22,000 acres in question comprise most of Township 37 in a remote part of Washington County, near Horse Lake. In September of 2009, someone posted a tip on a state police website about pot, a lot of it, somewhere on the property. Pilots with the warden service did a flyover. They saw people torching buildings on the ground below. When state and federal law enforcement officers finally reached the site, they found a plantation, nearly 3,000 marijuana plants and a handful of burned out bunkhouses. The indictment charges five men, and the company that owns the land, with an array of drug crimes.

"Why would the company buy the entire township?" McCLoskey asked. "You could probably grow 3,000 marijuana plants on one acre."

David Smith, who's a lawyer in private practice, ran the first asset forfeiture office in the criminal division of the U.S. Justice Department in the early 1980s. Smith said federal prosecutors may be trying to build a so-called facilitation case.

"On the theory that the other land, or at least the nearby land, served a masking function, that is it kept people away from the grow," said Smith. "Just physically hiding, you know you couldn't see the marijuana because the surrounding land couldn't be entered. Any property that substantially facilitates a crime can be forfeited."

In criminal cases like this one, prosecutors ultimately need to secure a conviction to forfeit any land. Forfeited property is handed over to the U.S. Marshal's Service, which manages and sells it. Proceeds are shared with local and state law enforcement agencies.

http://www.mpbn.net/News/MPBNNews/ta...rwpx4sf8.email
    "If you don't hold it, you don't own it"... Ponce

"I'll never stop learning because I'll never stop reading"... Ponce

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

Re: Drug Forfeiture May Lead to Seizure of Township.

Ponce? Will you buy an anti-aircraft artillery to enforce your no-fly zone?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,782 Times in 1,378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neuro View Post
    Ponce? Will you buy an anti-aircraft artillery to enforce your no-fly zone?
    That would be so fucking awesome.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to General of Darkness For This Useful Post:

Cebu_4_2 (30th September 2012)

Unobtanium
    Thanks

And what makes you think that I already don't have it? haahahaahaahaaahah

I have a whole new game plan when I get my land patent in eight days, is the same day that I will speak at the council meeting of our town but they don't know this yet.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ponce View Post
    And what makes you think that I already don't have it? haahahaahaahaaahah

I have a whole new game plan when I get my land patent in eight days, is the same day that I will speak at the council meeting of our town but they don't know this yet.
    Well you can't expect the Town to enforce your no-fly zone...

Is this you Ponce?
    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-m...rcraft+gun.jpg

Thanks
    Thanked 1,833 Times in 999 Posts

Another reason to have a "Land Patent"... the power to be won't be able to go into your property unless they have a warrant from the US Supreme Court or the US president... and even flying over your property is illegal because the land patent covers "ALL ABOVE AND ALL BELOW".
    The POTUS has already given them permission to go anywhere they fucking wanna go. Apparently, you just don't know it yet. The Law is for them to legislate, not follow, and it's for you to follow, not legislate.
    But, good luck with that land patent deal anyway.
    "Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they found it."

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Santa For This Useful Post:

MNeagle (30th September 2012),zap (30th September 2012)

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,841 Times in 7,906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    The POTUS has already given them permission to go anywhere they fucking wanna go. Apparently, you just don't know it yet. The Law is for them to legislate, not follow, and it's for you to follow, not legislate.
    But, good luck with that land patent deal anyway.
    "It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry K.
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

Thanks
    Thanked 4,380 Times in 2,414 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ponce View Post
    Forfeited property is handed over to the U.S. Marshal's Service, which manages and sells it. Proceeds are shared with local and state law enforcement agencies.
    Seems like a conflict of interest.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to vacuum For This Useful Post:

TheNocturnalEgyptian (1st October 2012)

Unobtanium
    Thanks

The way that Santa is talking he sounds to me very, very jelous.......he probably wishes that he was me ......... sorry buddy, there is only one Ponce.......thanks God for that.

Neuro? are you daying that I am black?.............Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

My home patent was signed by a US president and it has never been overturned by anyone.......I already have my signs ready to be posted at my two entrances.......and if they still try to come in I then would feel sorry for their tires.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,724 Times in 1,852 Posts

A township is considered to be the body politic of a county. A county is an administrative subdivision of a state. A state is an administrative subdivision of the federal government (according to the CIA World Factbook).

There is nothing tangible that can be seized in any of these entities. They are all legal fictions.
    Make me one with everything.
    -- Zen Master to the hot dog vendor