Thread: U.S. trade deficit widens as exports fall.

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,159 Times in 1,916 Posts

U.S. trade deficit widens as exports fall.

If any of you have any extra money put away then this is what I would sugget to get ready for the future...1=find something that we are "importing" and that everyone uses 2=start my gattering the machines to make it work by searching as to who were the old manufactors and what they did with their machines and if abailable then buy them 3= if they are not available then talk to the "old" retirees as to how the machines works 4= design new machines but more simplistic and with electric power that could be converted to human power (there will be a lot of it almost for free) 4= start small and little by little improve the machines and the product=============when the time comes and we are no longer importing that product then yours will be like gold, don't get to greedy and try to make it "TO BIG" or the government will take over "for the good of the nation".

I already have a product in mind that EVERY house will need, at todays prices it would cost me 0.60 cents to manf and I would whole sale it for 0.75 cents to retail for $1.25........every house would need a new one, about, every two weeks...I am using and experimenting with one unit and it works.......even the name would give it away and that why I wont say what it is ........ now day about 25% of homes would use it.

The problem is that now days there would be to much red tape to manf and to sale it and I am to friking old to play games ..... the reason that I consider myself a success now days is because I didn't became to greedy and stayed off the radar with my "lttle" bussiness that I had at one time. Suffice to say that I turned down WalMart.
    ================================

WASHINGTON, Oct 11 (Reuters) - The U.S. trade deficit
    widened in August, in line with analyst expectations, as U.S.
    goods exports fell for the fifth consecutive month, a government
    report showed on Thursday.

The monthly trade gap increased to $44.2 billion, from an
    upwardly revised estimate of $42.5 billion in July, the Commerce
    Department said. Analysts were expecting an August trade gap of
    about $44.0 billion.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...-trade-deficit

Remember folks......."No Export = No Recovery"... Ponce
    "If you don't hold it, you don't own it"... Ponce

"I'll never stop learning because I'll never stop reading"... Ponce

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ponce For This Useful Post:

agnut (12th October 2012),mick silver (12th October 2012)

Great Value Carrots Libertarian_Guard's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: U.S. trade deficit widens as exports fall.

Did you perfect the widget?

Unobtanium
    Thanks

Yes I did and use it every day in my house and outside my house .....thanks Agnut

Thanks
    Thanked 6,223 Times in 2,640 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ponce View Post
    I already have a product in mind that EVERY house will need, at todays prices it would cost me 0.60 cents to manf and I would whole sale it for 0.75 cents to retail for $1.25........every house would need a new one, about, every two weeks...I am using and experimenting with one unit and it works.......even the name would give it away and that why I wont say what it is ........ now day about 25% of homes would use it.
    Ponce,

If you have made an automatic toilet paper roll dispensor for 75 cents I am impressed. Mine cost me over $3 in parts alone.
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

Unobtanium
    Thanks

Hummmmmmmmmm Dr..... you just made me think, I could do it for about 0.13 cents (made in China) a square plactic container stuck to the wall, toilet paper inside, a spring from the roll holder to the wall, a handle outside that you would full forward, like a slot machine......it could give you from two to four squares, after you snach off the paper the inside spring would pull back and it would be ready for the next hand pull........this way people would not use as much tp.

There you go Dr now you can make more greenbacks....... to me the fun is to come up with new ideas and not to make more money from my ideas.

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 734 Posts

Went pretty far back. This site has less threads on trade deficits that I would have expected. Nice to see Ponce again though.

US trade deficit increases (greater than 71 billion estimate)

Bloomberg: U.S. goods-trade gap swells to second-biggest on record
    (August28,2020)
    The U.S.’s deficit in merchandise trade swelled to the second-largest on record last month as imports climbed to pre-pandemic levels, buoyed by demand for automotives.

The overall deficit grew to US$79.3 billion in July from a revised US$71 billion in June, according to Commerce Department data released Friday. The median projection in a Bloomberg survey of economists called for a US$72 billion shortfall in July, and the reading was bigger than all except one of 37 estimates. The biggest gap was recorded in December 2018, at US$79.5 billion.

Exports increased 11.8 per cent from June to US$115 billion, the highest since March. Imports rose by the same measure to US$194.3 billion, it said. That was the most since February.

The monthly gain in exports was led by a 44 per cent surge in automotive-vehicle shipments. Industrial supplies, such as oil, rose 7.1 per cent and capital goods, which include factory machinery and parts, jumped 7.5 per cent. Foods, beverages, and animal feed were up 2.1 per cent from June. Overall, exports are 15.9 per cent are lower than a year earlier.

“Global and U.S. demand continue to face a long and risky path towards recovery, so we see trade struggling to continue to regain ground quickly,” James Watson and Gregory Daco, economists at Oxford Economics, wrote in a note.

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 734 Posts

Trade deficit, trade gap, merchandise-trade deficit, overall deficit, goods-trade gap, confusing Bloomberg?

Bloomberg: U.S. Trade Gap Widened to Fresh Record of $74.4 Billion in March
    May 4, 2021
    The U.S. trade deficit widened to a new record in March as the value of imports surged to a fresh high.

The gap in trade of goods and services expanded to $74.4 billion in March from a revised $70.5 billion in February, according to Commerce Department data released Tuesday...

Imports rose 6.3% to a record $274.5 billion, while exports climbed 6.6% to a more than one-year high to $200 billion...

The merchandise-trade deficit rose to an all-time high of $91.6 billion, while the nation’s surplus in services trade eased to $17.1 billion, the lowest since August since 2012
    The U.S. goods shortfall with China widened in March to $36.9 billion on a seasonally adjusted basis, the widest since December 2018
    They went to war with Human Nature, Cold and Flu Season and the Weather!
    Corporation, a fiction legitimized by government, is part of big government
    Their men were like women and their women were like Jews