Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Real Life Currency War Simulation - Rickards Oct 2012

Thanks
    Thanked 6,223 Times in 2,640 Posts

Exclamation Real Life Currency War Simulation - Rickards Oct 2012

Tuesday, October 23, 2012
    RealLife Currency War Simulation

Jim Rickards opened the firstchapter of his excellent book
    Currency Wars discussing his involvement in a financial war game simulation created by the Americangovernment.

The following example is different from the strategy he used in the governmentsimulation, but it is much more realistic based on the current state of thegeo-political and financial world we live in today.

It shows the importance of understanding that the United States strength isfound not only in their highly discussed military power, but the amount ofphysical tonnes of gold it holds in reserves. China finds itself in the exact oppositesituation and has most likely already begun, or will soon begin, scrambling tocatch up with other countries around the world in total gold reserves.

Attachment 3850

Incredible walk through that shows the speed in which the currently calmcurrency wars taking place around the world can escalate quickly. Remember thatno currency in the world has a currency backed by gold. For the first time inhistory, every single country is issuing (a tremendous amount) of worthlesspaper money backed by nothing. There will be a day when these paper bills arerevalued to reflect the amount of currency that has digitally been created. Itwill come swiftly and suddenly and catch most by surprise.

http://www.ftense.com/2012/10/real-l...imulation.html

Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mamboni For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (23rd October 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,083 Times in 2,713 Posts

Re: Real Life Currency War Simulation - Rickards Oct 2012

3 things you need to survive this

Tangibles

Secure Homefront

Luck to have enough to what you need and luck that your home is in the right place
    Honor The Most High, Keep His Commandments and all will go well with you.

Thanks

Rickards accepts the national bullion repository totals for the US and others on face value. Personally, I think the guy is a limited hangout for the government. He offers some good analysis and advice. But he's half analyst and half huckster.
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

Thanks
    Thanked 2,105 Times in 1,033 Posts

lebanon and mongolio could theoretically back their currencies with gold. they have enough in gold deposits to back their outstanding debts by 25% or so. mongolia is ramping up as well. they doubled their gold holdings last year, and they pay savers an average of 12%. if they partially backed their currency, you could make a killing on paper there.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to chad For This Useful Post:

mamboni (24th October 2012)

DMac

chad - per Simon Black Mongolian savings accounts pay 10-15% interest. They can even be opened online.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DMac For This Useful Post:

chad (24th October 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,105 Times in 1,033 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DMac View Post
    chad - per Simon Black Mongolian savings accounts pay 10-15% interest. They can even be opened online.
    damn, didn't know that. maybe i should be opening an account. the swiss closed my swissquote account because of all of the reporting our fascist government now requires. have to check in to this.

Thanks

The strongest currency in the world is Mongoloid. What a world! What a world! I'm melting.....I'm melting...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mamboni View Post
    Rickards accepts the national bullion repository totals for the US and others on face value. Personally, I think the guy is a limited hangout for the government. He offers some good analysis and advice. But he's half analyst and half huckster.
    Smelled info-mmercial like, no? Has anyone read his book "Currency Wars" yet?
    A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    Smelled info-mmercial like, no? Has anyone read his book "Currency Wars" yet?
    Yes, I've read it and it is exceedingly well written and reads fast. But strangely it was like Chinese food: after reading it, I didn't feel full and wanted more.

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,159 Times in 1,916 Posts

As I see it.........in WWII the Zionist counted their people who went overseas as "dead" in order to be able to say that they lost 6'000,000 Zionists.........the Americans are counting other countries gold in their care and their own so the of course the US has more gold than anyone else.........that gold do belong to every one else.
    "If you don't hold it, you don't own it"... Ponce

"I'll never stop learning because I'll never stop reading"... Ponce

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ponce For This Useful Post:

mamboni (24th October 2012)