Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: ‘worst storm in 100 years’

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,159 Times in 1,916 Posts

‘worst storm in 100 years’

I like the last line "Get your preps ready"........preps are becoming a way of life, like my do grabing his bone when we go out for a walk.
    ============================================

WORST STORM IN 100 YEARS’
    Hurricane Sandy will probably grow into a “Frankenstorm” that may become the worst to hit the U.S. Northeast in 100 years if current forecasts are correct.

Sandy may combine with a second storm coming out of the Midwest to create a system that would rival the New England hurricane of 1938 in intensity, said Paul Kocin, aNational Weather Service meteorologist in College Park,Maryland. The hurricane currently passing the Bahamas has killed 21 people across the Caribbean, the Associated Press reported, citing local officials.

“What we’re seeing in some of our models is a storm at an intensity that we have not seen in this part of the country in the past century,” Kocin said in a telephone interview yesterday. “We’re not trying to hype it, this is what we’re seeing in some of our models. It may come in weaker.”

The hybrid storm may strike anywhere from the Delaware- Maryland-Virginia peninsula to southern New England. The current National Hurricane Center track calls for the system to go ashore in New Jersey on Oct. 30, although landfall predictions often change as storms get closer to shore.

A tropical-storm watch was issued from Savannah River northward to Oregon Inlet in North Carolina, the U.S. NHC said in an advisory. A tropical storm warning is in effect forFlorida’s east coast from Ocean Reef to Flagler Beach. A storm watch means tropical storm conditions are possible within the region, a warning means tropical storm conditions are expected.

———————————–

A full moon at the same time will add higher than normal tides to the water that Sandy will be pushing up on shore.

Expect massive flooding.

Wind field could be huge, on the order of 500 miles diameter all at Cat 1 strength.

Also, Appalachians could see massive snow falls.

Real doom with catastrophic damage potential and electricity out for many days.

Get your preps ready.

http://investmentwatchblog.com/its-s...a-nj-ny-ct-ri/
    "If you don't hold it, you don't own it"... Ponce

"I'll never stop learning because I'll never stop reading"... Ponce

Thanks
    Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,611 Posts

Re: ‘worst storm in 100 years’

If those two systems meet, it does look like it could turn into a real stinker for people living in its path.
    "My reading no matter how transient is a dagger in the heart of ignorance."

Thanks

Category 1? Not quite a super storm.
    The more you live, the less you will die. ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ If you want to be somebody else, change your mind.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,105 Times in 1,033 Posts

i heard a top of the hour radio clip where the head of the dnc is hoping for a cat 4, because it will give obama a chance to go out and "show sympathy" to the displaced after the storm.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by k-os View Post
    Category 1? Not quite a super storm.
    Yea, but I think they are thinking the hurricane will get stronger than it is now.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,209 Times in 1,161 Posts

According to what I read there's 3 storms colliding, Hurricane Sandy, a major front from the west and an arctic blast from Canada. It's the triple combo that has them worried.
    "Truth is treason in the empire of lies"...Ron Paul
    "A government is a bunch of people, usually, notably ungoverned"...
    Shepherd Book, Firefly

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dogman View Post
    Yea, but I think they are thinking the hurricane will get stronger than it is now.
    Not from anything I have read, which admittedly isn't much . . . but it was Cat 1 all the way.
    The more you live, the less you will die. ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ If you want to be somebody else, change your mind.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by k-os View Post
    Not from anything I have read, which admittedly isn't much . . . but it was Cat 1 all the way.
    The eye of the storm is still in the Bahamas and there is a "Lot" of ocean between there and new england, that the storm will be in the gulf stream and that can make the right now cat 1 storm grow.

As I understand it.

Iridium
    Thanks

http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/weather...jpg?1351267212

I believe you're on the west coast K-os, so you're a bit sheltered?

Though I have no doubit they can 'steer' storms, & direct them as they wish. Am curious if the smack-daddy leaves DC & heads to Colorado.
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint - Isaiah 40:31

Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. ~
    Matthew 7:7

geoengineeringwatch.org

Thanks
    Thanked 1,833 Times in 999 Posts

I like the last line "Get your preps ready"........preps are becoming a way of life, like my do grabing his bone when we go out for a walk.
    "Grab your bone. A storm is coming." by Ponce
    "Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they found it."

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Santa For This Useful Post:

woodman (26th October 2012)