Thread: Double-Tap: Sequential Firing vs. Simultaneous Firing of 2 Rounds

Thanks
    Thanked 2,058 Times in 1,395 Posts

Question Double-Tap: Sequential Firing vs. Simultaneous Firing of 2 Rounds

Are there any rifles that allow you to fire 2 Rounds at once ?

I have not heard of any, but there is the proverbial double barreled shotgun.

I was wondering if there is a gun that allows you to fire 2 rounds simultaneously.

Presumably their target pattern would mimick the barrel arrangement, unless one of the barrels is out of alignment, or it's a really long distance shot.

I hear people talking about the pure efficacy of a "Double tap" when hunting.

If you have a larger game animal dead in your sights, would a gun that can fire 2 rounds simultaneously be useful in some situations ?
    Retired Director Morris Waxler says the FDA did not do their job for 15 years - and is not now.

HelpStopLASIK.com

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

Re: Double-Tap: Sequential Firing vs. Simultaneous Firing of 2 Rounds

Quote Originally Posted by gunDriller View Post
    Are there any rifles that allow you to fire 2 Rounds at once ?

I have not heard of any, but there is the proverbial double barreled shotgun.

I was wondering if there is a gun that allows you to fire 2 rounds simultaneously.

Presumably their target pattern would mimick the barrel arrangement, unless one of the barrels is out of alignment, or it's a really long distance shot.

I hear people talking about the pure efficacy of a "Double tap" when hunting.

If you have a larger game animal dead in your sights, would a gun that can fire 2 rounds simultaneously be useful in some situations ?
    I would think that 2 bullets hitting simultaneously about an inch or so apart would do far more physiological damage, than one bullet that has double the weight, cross section area, and impact energy of one of the simultaneously fired bullets... You'ld just make so much more anatomy shredded and dysfunctional with it. Three bullets in a triangular configuration would be even better I think...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Neuro For This Useful Post:

gunDriller (24th November 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,611 Posts

There have been some shooters that their semi-autos have done this and it was frowned upon by the shooting ranges and I think a couple got reported to the atf.

More to what I think the op is wanting, there are some makers of double barreled rifles that I think have two triggers (?) That may be pulled at once. Or they are more like the single trigger double barrel shotgun. But I think I have seen a two barrel rifle/shotgun combo that you could fire both barrels at the same time.

There are also some high end big game rifles that may do both barrels at the same time.??

Edit: Here you go!

http://www.gizmag.com/arsenal-firear...-pistol/21806/

"My reading no matter how transient is a dagger in the heart of ignorance."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dogman For This Useful Post:

gunDriller (24th November 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,058 Times in 1,395 Posts

that Arsenal is a handsome gun !

the only reason i can think why the ATF doesn't like it - they don't like US citizens to have that much firepower.

why does it have that 'companion barrel' below the regular barrel ?

http://www.arsenalfirearms.com/produ...-barrel-pistol

Hard to find a Price ! I looked. My guess - over $1000.

I would love to see high-speed high-res video of the gun firing, and the trajectory of the bullets as they hit the target.

The recoil makes me wonder "how come the bullet isn't going off at about 20 degrees 'up' ?"

obviously the bullet is long gone by then, but in that microsecond, as the recoil hits the system of the gun, shooter's hands, etc., there must be some minor movement.

i'm sure gun enthusiasts have studied that for a long time.

makes me wonder if anybody ever put a gyroscope in a gun for the general public, to steady the barrel in light of the oncoming recoil.

found this video.

Retired Director Morris Waxler says the FDA did not do their job for 15 years - and is not now.

HelpStopLASIK.com