Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Legal Gun Owners in New York Outed Like Sex Offenders

Thanks
    Thanked 6,223 Times in 2,640 Posts

Re: Legal Gun Owners in New York Outed Like Sex Offenders

These gun owners have had their privacy violated by the state. They need to institute a class action lawsuit immediately and name names. They need to enlist the NRA in a campaign to exploit this unbelievable abuse of power. It is a perfect anti-state propaganda vehicle: "This is what can happen when you allow the state to register you and your possessions - the information can be published on line for the entire world to see. Is this government by and for the people?"

It's really a fucking outrage.

This act also undermines home security. A burgler can case a neighborhood and quickly target the non-gun owners. So the security of the neighborhood has been compromised because previously said burgler would have paused before breaking and entering given the unknown risk of a home firearm.
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SLV^GLD View Post
    They practically did the same thing in TN. It's all public record. Mapifying it is just the next logical step.

There should be no backlash for a news agency publishing information that is public record. If there is outrage then the news agency has done their jobs. Of course the outrage will be entirely misdirected but is that their fault?
    The information is there, but is it in an exploited form? The news agency is directly making profit from this. If they want to make money from it, then in that regard it can also be taken back from them.

Anyhow..that's how I see it. The "legal" reality might be something different entirely.

edit: I should add. A smart lawyer would make up a ton of pamphlets, outlining the situation, and drop them in everyone's mailbox in that area. Nice make work project.
    It was time to move on. Too many jello head moonbats with personality issues post on this forum.

Platinum
    Thanks

I'm willing to bet the majority of folks now exposed had no idea their information was so easy to mine and display.

Now they know.

That is information worth paying for, if you ask me.

Not always the best idea to shoot the messenger.