Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: check out the ammo prices

Thanks

Re: check out the ammo prices

Here's the text of the new WY bill for those interested.

http://k2radio.com/wyoming-house-bil...rotection-act/

Back on topic
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. A republic is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome." --(Attributed to) Benjamin Franklin

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Errosion Of Accord For This Useful Post:

gunDriller (10th January 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,058 Times in 1,395 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Errosion Of Accord View Post
    Here's the text of the new WY bill for those interested.

http://k2radio.com/wyoming-house-bil...rotection-act/

Back on topic
    "Presently, 17 states regulate private firearm sales at gun shows. Seven states require background checks on all gun sales at gun shows (California, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Oregon, New York, Illinois and Colorado). Four states (Hawaii, Maryland, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania) require background checks on all handgun, but not long gun, purchasers at gun shows. Six states require individuals to obtain a permit to purchase handguns that involves a background check (Massachusetts, Michigan, North Carolina, Iowa, Nebraska). Certain counties in Florida require background checks on all private sales of handguns at gun shows. The remaining 33 states do not restrict private, intrastate sales of firearms at gun shows in any manner." - yet.

In the meantime, enjoy the freedom. Yeeeeeha !

the one thing that bugs me about buying a gun from a private party is, there's no way to verify its functionality, unless you are highly experienced and can tell just by looking.

do they ever have "shooting booths" at firearms shows, like they use in some forensics labs ? (or maybe i've just been watching too much NCIS TV )

but ... i guess the subject was - ammo prices.
    Retired Director Morris Waxler says the FDA did not do their job for 15 years - and is not now.

HelpStopLASIK.com

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 4,537 Posts

Thanks

went to bass pro shop in indiana today. only a few boxes of .38 special and a few of .357 mag. no .45, no .22lr there were alot of people combing the shelves. its all gone everywhere!
    dont blame me!! im not my fault!!
    i'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!
    everything in moderation! including moderation!
    Veritas vos liberabit

Thanks

was checking these out last night, is not .308 win, but I want to stock up a bit in case price goes up alot and is hard to purchase online. Late last night, had 23 cases, early this am is down to 12. About to be 11.

http://www.sgammo.com/catalog/rifle-...ion/308-762x51
    "Society in every state is a blessing, but government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one." --Thomas Paine

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gunDriller View Post
    "Presently, 17 states regulate private firearm sales at gun shows. Seven states require background checks on all gun sales at gun shows (California, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Oregon, New York, Illinois and Colorado). Four states (Hawaii, Maryland, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania) require background checks on all handgun, but not long gun, purchasers at gun shows. Six states require individuals to obtain a permit to purchase handguns that involves a background check (Massachusetts, Michigan, North Carolina, Iowa, Nebraska). Certain counties in Florida require background checks on all private sales of handguns at gun shows. The remaining 33 states do not restrict private, intrastate sales of firearms at gun shows in any manner." - yet.

In the meantime, enjoy the freedom. Yeeeeeha !

the one thing that bugs me about buying a gun from a private party is, there's no way to verify its functionality, unless you are highly experienced and can tell just by looking.

do they ever have "shooting booths" at firearms shows, like they use in some forensics labs ? (or maybe i've just been watching too much NCIS TV )

but ... i guess the subject was - ammo prices.
    Depends on the type of gun. Simpler guns like a revolver you can pretty much tell. You can pop the cylinder out and check that the rifling is good. You can cycle it dry and make sure the cylinder moves with each trigger pull or cocking of the hammer it is easy to check for cracks and signs of abuse. You can usually check the firing pin by pulling the hammer back and squeezing the trigger with your finger where the primer would be sitting.
    You think that the machine is so powerful that you can't fight, when the reality is that you're the battery that powers the machine.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,897 Times in 921 Posts

still plenty of ammo here ,no more ar 15s = ( ....boxes of 30 rd ar mags sitting around though...

Thanks
    Thanked 4,010 Times in 2,836 Posts

a few of us were going to go shot at my range i made but no one want to use there ammo up . what a sad world when you cant go an play
    “Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you’re not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean, mad-dog mean. ‘Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That’s just the way it is.” ~ Outlaw Josey Wales…

STOP F*CKING WITH US.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,083 Times in 2,713 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mick silver View Post
    a few of us were going to go shot at my range i made but no one want to use there ammo up . what a sad world when you cant go an play

Better get snap caps dry fire and call it a day.
    Honor The Most High, Keep His Commandments and all will go well with you.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,083 Times in 2,713 Posts

Funny thing is i have to go to the range fairly soon.

I have some stuff in deep storage i need to test make sure its still good.

Just a few boxes
    Honor The Most High, Keep His Commandments and all will go well with you.