Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Barack Obama: 'I go shooting all the time' (Bullshit Detected! Take Cover!)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,223 Times in 2,640 Posts

Thumbs up Barack Obama: 'I go shooting all the time' (Bullshit Detected! Take Cover!)

MAMBONI COMMENTS: This man is worse than a pathological liar. He will say anything, irregardless of how unbelievable, to pay political lip service to those he hates and despises. Don't believe anything he says. Look at his actions and outrageous abuses hepaed upon our Constitution. This undocumented illegal alien with no documented academic credentials or work history represents a clear and present danger to your life, your liberty and your pursuit of happiness.

Barack Obama: 'I go shooting all the time'

President Barack Obama has claimed that he goes shooting "all the time", while attempting to reassure American gun-owners that he respects their rights to use firearms.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...a_2463018b.jpg

Barack Obama has acted since December's mass shooting in Connecticut Photo: AP

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...0_1770848j.jpg
    By Jon Swaine, Washington

2:43PM GMT 27 Jan 2013

Amid conservative anger over Mr Obama's proposals to ban assault weapons as part of a drastic overhaul of US gun control laws, the president said that he was a keen clay-pigeon shooter.

Asked in a magazine interview whether he had ever fired a gun, Mr Obama said he did so with guests at the president's rural retreat.

"Up at Camp David, we do skeet shooting all the time," he said. "And I have a profound respect for the traditions of hunting that trace back in this country for generations.

"And I think those who dismiss that out of hand make a big mistake".

Mr Obama's plans for tighter firearms regulations were drawn up by Joe Biden, his vice-president, following the massacre of 26 people, including 20 young pupils at a primary school in Connecticut last month.

Mr Biden – whose proposals also include a background check system on all Americans trying to buy guns and a 10-shot limit for ammunition clips – has been quick to note that he owns a shotgun.
    The president, however, rarely speaks personally about firearms, and is dismissed by many enthusiasts as an elite urban law professor who does not appreciate America's heritage of gun ownership.

He accepted in his interview that gun culture in rural areas was "very different" to that in urban areas, such as his home town of Chicago, where it is more frequently linked to serious crime.

"If you grew up and your dad gave you a hunting rifle when you were 10, and you went out and spent the day with him and your uncles, and that became part of your family's traditions, you can see why you'd be pretty protective of that," Mr Obama told The New Republic.

He made clear, however, that his daughters Sasha, 11, and Malia, 14, did not join the clay-pigeon shooting parties at Camp David, in rural Maryland.

A week before the Super Bowl, the most keenly-awaited event in the US sporting calendar, the president risked further angering the heartland by expressing concern about the safety of American football.

Several high-profile professional players have in recent years developed brain damage, which has been linked to the frequent heavy impacts on their skulls caused by the sport.

"I'm a big football fan, but I have to tell you if I had a son, I'd have to think long and hard before I let him play football," said Mr Obama.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-the-time.html
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mamboni For This Useful Post:

mick silver (28th January 2013)

Thanks

Re: Barack Obama: 'I go shooting all the time' (Bullshit Detected! Take Cover!)

Chances are he got in believing one thing, and soon after realized the guys shadowing his kids 24/7 have very itchy trigger fingers.
    It was time to move on. Too many jello head moonbats with personality issues post on this forum.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joboo View Post
    Chances are he got in believing one thing, and soon after realized the guys shadowing his kids 24/7 have very itchy trigger fingers.
    What are you insinuating Joo?
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

Thanks
    Thanked 2,105 Times in 1,033 Posts

i saw this earlier today; a friend of mine emailed it to me. i thought it was an onion article. unbelievable.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mamboni View Post
    What are you insinuating Joo?
    Why would I have to be insinuating anything?
    It was time to move on. Too many jello head moonbats with personality issues post on this forum.

Thanks

Why would I have to be insinuating anything?
    Then spit it out. What did you mean with that comment?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mamboni View Post
    Then spit it out. What did you mean with that comment?
    Read it, and process it.

Rebel Without a Clue sirgonzo420's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,312 Times in 665 Posts

Joboo, it's not just the doc; I'm not sure what you're getting at either with:

Are you saying that he was "pro-gun"* at the time he first became "president"*, but then became anti-gun when he though about the SS itchy trigger fingers?

I'm just trying to figure out what you're trying to say.

*this term is used loosely

VERITAS LVX MEA ET VINCIT OMNIA VERITAS.
    All Rights Reserved. - No liability assumed. - No value assured. - Without recourse. - Not amenable to process. - Not to be construed as legal advice. - From without the UNITED STATES.
    Send me encrypted msg/mail with PGP! ---> http://tiny.cc/dpr6ew

Thanks

Read it, and process it.
    That kind of talk is just the excuse to bring HSA and SS down on this forum. You need to exercise more discretion in what you spout out. Process that.

Thanks