Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pouring granulated sugar on wounds 'can heal them faster than antibiotics'... V

Thanks
    Thanked 6,454 Times in 4,275 Posts

Re: Pouring granulated sugar on wounds 'can heal them faster than antibiotics'... V

Awesome!!! Thanks for the honest update Neuro!
    Jackie did it and you know it!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cebu_4_2 For This Useful Post:

Neuro (22nd November 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

Re: Pouring granulated sugar on wounds 'can heal them faster than antibiotics'... V

Quote Originally Posted by Cebu_4_2 View Post
    Awesome!!! Thanks for the honest update Neuro!
    Yes, it really is a miracle I think!

Brew Guru
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,699 Times in 1,538 Posts

Don't know if this theory has been presented, but I'm too lazy too read through the entire thread...

Is it possible that wild yeasts present in the air (Saccharomyces) ferment the sugar creating alcohol and lowering the pH at the wound site, thereby killing bacteria there, allowing the wound to heal faster? One of the key ways to limit microbial attack in brewing is ensuring the yeast get a fast start reproducing/fermenting in the wort just for this purpose...

Just a thought.
    By way of decoction, thou shalt do wort.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BrewTech For This Useful Post:

mick silver (22nd November 2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BrewTech View Post
    Don't know if this theory has been presented, but I'm too lazy too read through the entire thread...

Is it possible that wild yeasts present in the air (Saccharomyces) ferment the sugar creating alcohol and lowering the pH at the wound site, thereby killing bacteria there, allowing the wound to heal faster? One of the key ways to limit microbial attack in brewing is ensuring the yeast get a fast start reproducing/fermenting in the wort just for this purpose...

Just a thought.
    Could wild yeast ferment what is almost pure sugar in this case? Yes I have seen that yeast and fungus are far more capable of feeding on high sugar foods, like jam, compared to bacterias, but I haven't seen it attack syrup for instance...

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,159 Times in 1,916 Posts

Hummmmmmmmmmm, in that case......why not peanut butter?, as you know it never spoils.....find the "real" one and just let it sit for a couple of weeks and the heavy stuff will sit at the bottom of the container and what you will have at the top is pure oil.

V
    "If you don't hold it, you don't own it"... Ponce

"I'll never stop learning because I'll never stop reading"... Ponce

Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,415 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neuro View Post
    OK here is the update. My dad went to the oncologist, and told him that he was going to Thailand for a month in March, and told the oncologist that he was drinking this dandelion root tea on my suggestion, 3-5 cups a day. The oncologist was aware of the anti-cancer properties of dandelion root, but that he couldn't officially recommend it since it wasn't a pharmaceutical, normally they would put my dad on chemotherapy directly, but since he was going to Thailand, which he wouldn't recommend from a medical viewpoint, he told him to continue with the dandelion root tea, and then they would take a new x-ray, see how the cancer had developed, and if it hadn't grown then he could continue with the dandelion root.

So dad came back from Thailand, had a new x-ray, and the lung cancer had grown from 11mm diameter to 19mm, there was nothing in the liver (possibly it wasn't from the beginning either, a false positive). So they put him on chemotherapy, which in my dad had very mild side-effects, during the 5 days he was taking it, after a month he (my dad) thought the tumor on his back had shrunk, after three months they were gone, the x-ray at three month follow up showed the lung tumor to fade in its intensity, dad continued to take the chemo 5 days every month, feeling mostly good all the time, continued working as a carpenter (he is actually retired since 15 years, but he does these cash jobs), and at the 6 month follow up, the cancer in the lung and the lymph nodes according to the x-ray was GONE! The oncologist had said that the chemo may control the growth or in some cases even shrink the cancer, but never eradicate it. Anyway 2 weeks ago my dad went to Thailand again, he'll be there for 5 months this time...

Anyway this is what I think happened in my dads case: The dandelion root weakened the cellular structure of the cancer, the growth from 11 to 19 mm over two months in malignant melanoma, is actually unusually small, it is a very Agressive cancer, and as I said in the above post most people die within 2-4 months of a diagnosis of grade 4 malignant melanoma. The cancer cells in their weakened state was easily killed off with the chemotherapy.

Anyway thank god my dad is still alive and in good health!
    Amazing. How long was he in Thailand the first time? It looks like the combination of dandelion root tea, possibly going to Thailand (spicy unprocessed food? women?), and chemo, pretty much beat the cancer.

Thanks

Just yesterday morning, people were calling in to the morning radio show with their stories of at home surgery. One guy (they were all men) called in and said he had removed a cyst with an exacto knife, then filled the wound with powdered sugar where it healed perfectly. I have to add that the cyst was on his penis. He thought it was a std but tested ok. No insurance so he went to town.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vacuum View Post
    Amazing. How long was he in Thailand the first time? It looks like the combination of dandelion root tea, possibly going to Thailand (spicy unprocessed food? women?), and chemo, pretty much beat the cancer.
    He went to Thailand first in November 2012 for three weeks, met his current Thai galfriend, got diagnosed w cancer in end of January. Started w dandelion roots in beginning of February. Went to Thailand in March for a month. Started chemo in end of April.

I wouldn't rule out that love has something to do with it either. Another thing, the tumors on his skin, which actually were subdermal didn't look like the typical malignant melanoma... But they excised one of them and it was malignant melanoma... So it being an atypical mm may have something to do with it also... Doesn't really matter in this case, he is alive and well and I am happy for that, but the scientist in me, would like to know.

My feeling is that the Dandelion root itself wouldn't be able to do it alone, because he did get worse while he took it, but I do think that it may have done more to the outcome than chemo would have done on its own...

Thanks

What an amazing story! Thanks for sharing, Neuro.
    Doom is always 6 or 8 months away.
    ~EE_

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lapis For This Useful Post:

Neuro (23rd November 2013)

Brew Guru
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,699 Times in 1,538 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neuro View Post
    Could wild yeast ferment what is almost pure sugar in this case? Yes I have seen that yeast and fungus are far more capable of feeding on high sugar foods, like jam, compared to bacterias, but I haven't seen it attack syrup for instance...
    Saccharomyces Cerevisiae is a single-celled fungus capable of metabolizing only simple sugar molecules, sucrose being one of them. It won't use more complex dextrins.

So, yeah, it would ferment pure sugar easily. That's it's whole reason for being!
    By way of decoction, thou shalt do wort.