Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tax Bicyclists For Exhaling CO2 When They Ride, Says Wash. Rep

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,159 Times in 1,916 Posts

Tax Bicyclists For Exhaling CO2 When They Ride, Says Wash. Rep

One of the reasons for the bicycle tax? we are breathing to hard LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL......so, use a car...how about when we have sex? or when we excersize? or when working to hard?.......are they going to tax the air around us?

Be sure to go to the link to see the email, I am unable to capture it to post it.........all that this dickhead want's to do is to prove that he is doing something for his job.
    ================================================== ===

Taxing the air we breathe may be coming to Washington state. Yes, the insane taxing of every behavior is rising to a whole new level with the proposed "bike tax" in Washington.

According to lawmakers who proposed the bike tax, it would help raise $1 million over the next decade to be used for road maintenance. The new $25 tax will be applied on every bike sold for over $500 in the state.

One Washington lawmaker is making twisted argument in support of the new fee. Rep. Ed Orcutt wrote in an email to a bike shop that the CO2 that bicyclists exhale while riding is just one of the reasons he supports the bike tax.

"Since CO2 is deemed a greenhouse gas and a pollutant, bicyclists are actually polluting when they ride," Orcutt wrote. Therefore, they should pay taxes to help the environment as well as the roads.

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/03/...-co2-when.html

V
    "If you don't hold it, you don't own it"... Ponce

"I'll never stop learning because I'll never stop reading"... Ponce

Thanks
    Thanked 6,456 Times in 4,275 Posts

Re: Tax Bicyclists For Exhaling CO2 When They Ride, Says Wash. Rep

CO2 is not a pollutant.
    Jackie did it and you know it!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,223 Times in 2,640 Posts

Elitist bastards have us totally enslaved. We have to pay them at every fucking turn for basically living our lives. If you told your grandparents that you would have to pay a tax for breathing, first they would say your nuts; and then they would say that you are a dumb sheep to let anyone use you like that. This CO2 tax just illustrates how completely craven and out of control the plutocrats are. They have been baking our consciousness with one Hegelian dialectic after another; and we are suffering from a kind of mass insanity/stupidity/numbness.

"Please sir, I'd like another." <sarcasm>
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,415 Posts

I think they should also create another, higher, tax for not doing enough exercise. This tax will go to support increased medical costs associated with poor health and lack of exercise.

This higher tax will make the bicycle comparatively lower cost, while at the same time it will still be supporting the environment. With this proposal, everybody wins.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,415 Posts

I'm not understanding how this whole greenhouse gas thing is set in stone. The last time I checked all the science was being questioned, many reports have been shown to have been exaggerated and falsified, and yet the status quo isn't even budging a tiny bit. Amazing.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,266 Times in 1,345 Posts

They are running out of money, and CO2 is measurable, and a potential cash cow. "If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet." Now it's if you exhale, I'll tax your breath.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,611 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JohnQPublic View Post
    They are running out of money, and CO2 is measurable, and a potential cash cow. "If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet." Now it's if you exhale, I'll tax your breath.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0M__0Z1pjg

Now for the real thing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqK97av7I3s

"My reading no matter how transient is a dagger in the heart of ignorance."

Thanks
    Thanked 6,223 Times in 2,640 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JohnQPublic View Post
    George Harrison was a visionary. Actually, he empathized with the working man who knew the score vis-a-vis neverending taxes.
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

Thanks
    Thanked 1,124 Times in 607 Posts

I thought this had to be some type of joke, but apparently not.

Though I disagree that bicyclists should pay a separate fee for road maintenance, one could make a reasonable argument for it since they do use the roads. However, to tie it to increased CO2 respiratory emissions is beyond absurd, and shatters all credibility associated with the proposal.

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,691 Times in 2,328 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    I thought this had to be some type of joke, but apparently not.

Though I disagree that bicyclists should pay a separate fee for road maintenance, one could make a reasonable argument for it since they do use the roads. However, to tie it to increased CO2 respiratory emissions is beyond absurd, and shatters all credibility associated with the proposal.
    I agree...I am not going to hold my breath waiting for this to pass.