Thread: 50 Signs The US Health Care System is About to Collapse

Thanks
    Thanked 2,367 Times in 1,125 Posts

50 Signs The US Health Care System is About to Collapse

Some interesting facts about the US health care system:

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/a...ut-to-collapse

Here are some of the more interesting ones:
    #20 According to a survey conducted by the Doctor Patient Medical Association, 83 percent of all doctors in the United States have considered leaving the profession because of Obamacare.
    #21 Approximately 16,000 new IRS agents will be hired to help oversee the implementation of Obamacare, and the Obama administration has given the IRS 500 million extra dollars "outside the normal appropriations process" to help the IRS with their new duties.
    #22 During 2013, Americans will spend more than 280 billion dollars on prescription drugs.
    #23 Prescription drugs cost about 50% more in the United States than they do in other countries.
    #24 In the United States today, prescription painkillers kill more Americans than heroin and cocaine combined.
    #25 Nearly half of all Americans now use prescription drugs on a regular basis according to the CDC. Not only that, the CDC also says that approximately one-third of all Americans use two or more pharmaceutical drugs on a regular basis, and more than ten percent of all Americans use five or more pharmaceutical drugs on a regular basis.
    #26 The percentage of women taking antidepressants in America is higher than in any other country in the world.
    #27 In 2010, the average teen in the U.S. was taking 1.2 central nervous system drugs. Those are the kinds of drugs which treat conditions such as ADHD and depression.

#35 In America today, you are 64 times more likely to be killed by a doctor than you are by a gun.
    #36 People living in the United States are three times more likely to have diabetes than people living in the United Kingdom.
    #37 Today, people living in Puerto Rico have a greater life expectancy than people living in the United States do.
    #38 According to OECD statistics, Americans are twice as obese as Canadians are.
    #39 Greece has twice as many hospital beds per person as the United States does.
    #40 The state of California now ranks dead last out of all 50 states in the number of emergency rooms per million people.

I've made it a point to have as little interaction with this system as I possibly can. I am convinced my health depends on avoiding this system at all costs. I hope it collapses soon so maybe I can use whatever replaces it.

Hatha
    Cosmic justice is getting what you deserve.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hatha Sunahara For This Useful Post:

Celtic Rogue (5th March 2013)