Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gold, Real Estate, or Cash

Thanks

Re: Gold, Real Estate, or Cash

Quote Originally Posted by zap View Post
    why would you go home to mom and dad so you can save money? Would you be paying them rent and utilities? and paying for food ? Making it better for them? It should benefit them also.
    I think today's economy has the potential to be the worst in history. The 30's were bad..... There were no social programs, food stamps, unemployment, welfare, etc to keep the masses content. No American Idol, NFL, MTV to keep them distracted. The Day of Reckoning is coming. Talking about someone moving in with parents as being a bad thing should be a thing of the past.

If he and his parents both benefit, what's the issue?
    Cogito cogito, ergo cogito sum - I think that I think, therefore I think that I am

My GPG Pub key:
    http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=steyr_m&op=index&fingerprint=on

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to steyr_m For This Useful Post:

optionT (7th March 2013),Spun Gold (7th March 2013),zap (7th March 2013)

Thanks

Zap, maybe you had a different relationship with your family, but in our family everyone helps each other out. Thats what family is for. Also, they wont even take a penny from us so I think they would have a hard time taking 1 or 2 monster boxes.

And if this is all you have then stay out of my thread, thanks.
    "We can guarantee cash benefits as far out and at whatever size you like, but we cannot guarantee their purchasing power." – Alan Greenspan

4. The Following User Says Thank You to optionT For This Useful Post:

zap (7th March 2013)

Thanks

I feel Zap can comment anywhere she wants. You can regard or ignore her opinion, it's your choice. I feel no-one is excluded from commenting on any thread here [unless it's "ban-able"]
    Cogito cogito, ergo cogito sum - I think that I think, therefore I think that I am

My GPG Pub key:
    http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=steyr_m&op=index&fingerprint=on

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steyr_m For This Useful Post:

optionT (7th March 2013),zap (7th March 2013)

Thanks

Option#4 here too, but with a bit of diversification. Along with PM's, consider prepping with things that you could barter with in a collapse situation. ammo, canned foods, toilet paper, liquor, etc... Have a talk with your parents about a possible shtf scenario, and ask them how they might feel about your staying for a few years. Being younger, you would be a source of protection for them so never underestimate your value. Plan for the worst, and then if the best happens... PM's rise and you will have many more options... you have both ways covered.

To buy either apt or house now with the economy on the brink of a nosedive, where real estate prices would plummet, would be a nightmare move. I woudlnt risk it. Not even for a free place to live. You already have that. Consider yourself lucky you haven't fallen for a GF who wants you to buy her some dream house.
    Come chat with me here. Private, no surveillance. Besides, it's fun. https://focusgames.io/r/ck5lc3dxVGVIRjErVWk2VW9HZm1sUT09

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spun Gold For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 4,537 Posts

I'm not saying to hold cash since I have a lot of faith in the US Dollar (I don't), I'm saying to do it since people in the Gold/Silver community irresponsibly look it over in too many cases.

The collapse may not be where one day where the US Dollar no longer buys you things. There is VERY LITTLE physical cash stored in banks. If only a tiny fraction of people tried to cash out and get physical cash there wouldn't be anymore to get!

What may happen is you'll have disruptions. ATMs/Credit Cards may not work lets say. In that scenario most people/merchants will not accept Silver, or frankly know WTF to do with it. You should have several thousands of physical dollars on hand to allow you and your household to be able to take care of expenses in the interim. Another good thing about cash is you can buy a lot of stuff like ammo anonymously with it.

Most people DO NOT know WTF Silver's value is and THEY DON'T CARE!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Shami-Amourae For This Useful Post:

optionT (7th March 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,535 Times in 714 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by optionT View Post
    Zap, maybe you had a different relationship with your family, but in our family everyone helps each other out. Thats what family is for. Also, they wont even take a penny from us so I think they would have a hard time taking 1 or 2 monster boxes.

And if this is all you have then stay out of my thread, thanks.
    Fair enough OptionT,

But I don't , and haven't never depended on my family since I left home at 18 ,

to help me out in any way, anyhow,

I think that originally my family thought the way you and yours do, as do my parents, and other family members do today, but when you are the only one who has a pot to piss in..... and all of them want you to help them out and ,,, even when they won't help themselves, It gets pretty disgusting, again ... how old are you?

Funny you would get upset about my post, standing on your own 2 feet is a bad thing?

Taking care of your mom and dad upsets you?

Yep I think at your age you should give mom and dad a monster box!

And nope I won't stay outta your thread, since it is disgusting, grow up and be a man and take care of those who took care of you!
    The harder I work, the Luckier I get!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to zap For This Useful Post:

optionT (7th March 2013)

Thanks

Zap, your post did not upset me at all, just responding to it. I don't take this for granted and do feel very very blessed to have a great family. Taking care of my parents does not upset me, not sure where you got that from. Im in my late twenties and have two little ones and a third on the way. Ive grown up a long time ago.
    "We can guarantee cash benefits as far out and at whatever size you like, but we cannot guarantee their purchasing power." – Alan Greenspan

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to optionT For This Useful Post:

Spun Gold (7th March 2013),zap (7th March 2013)

Great Value Carrots willie pete's Avatar
    Thanks

I may consider buying the 6 unit apt. bldg, rents are up, people need a place to live; mortgages are harder to get these days even though money is cheap, things I'd have to know first; where is the apt bldg? how much is it? what's the rental/occupancy history? how old are you?

I know someone who did something like that around 1999-2000, got a mtg and bought a multiple unit property for around $400k, today it's assessed at +/- $1.2 mil, and that's not market value, the individual will probably sell out in a few years, they used it as a retirement venture
    If you don't think to good, don't think too much

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to willie pete For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,535 Times in 714 Posts

Well thanks for the response, and All the best to you and your family my friend .
    The harder I work, the Luckier I get!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to zap For This Useful Post:

optionT (7th March 2013)

Thanks

Willie, Im in my late twenties, the building is in the suburbs of Chicago, prices are between $500,000 to $695,000. Rents are between $900 to $975 for a 2bed 2bath unit.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to optionT For This Useful Post:

zap (7th March 2013)