Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A bird with a kneck brace?...what the F**k........ by me.......................... V

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,159 Times in 1,916 Posts

A bird with a kneck brace?...what the F**k........ by me.......................... V

Two days ago while taking my dog for a walk he took of running and then came back holding a little bird in his mouth...it looks like the bird was hit by a car and it was in bad shape with his head at an angle of 180 degrees, I took it home and let it rest for 12 hours and then joined three Band Aids and then I straighten his neck and placed the Band Aid around his neck.......today I feed him and one time he even pecked the wet piece of bread from my hand.........I don't know yet if he is going to live or die or if his neck will be that way for ever............I try to force feeding once every two hours and water every time I get up for something.

I didn't sleep last night guarding the bird from my cat, tonight I will put him in a dresser drawer and lets see what happens tomorrow, whish him luck.

PS: I was surprised as hell that Dog didn't eat him right then and there in front of me.

V
    "If you don't hold it, you don't own it"... Ponce

"I'll never stop learning because I'll never stop reading"... Ponce

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ponce For This Useful Post:

Dogman (23rd September 2014),Hitch (24th September 2014),Neuro (24th September 2014),zap (23rd September 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,647 Times in 3,216 Posts

Re: A bird with a kneck brace?...what the F**k........ by me.........................

Your dog is waiting for you to fatten up the bird.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Thanks
    Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,611 Posts

Re: A bird with a kneck brace?...what the F**k........ by me.........................

May or not live, hope it does!

Appetite is a good thing!

Enjoy your experience and all hope it turns out well!
    "My reading no matter how transient is a dagger in the heart of ignorance."

Unobtanium
    Thanks

This is about the tenth bird that I have, or try, to fixed up.....I just to have one that would ride my thumb while going to work, at work he would fly around inside the building and at lunch I would call him and he would come don to eat.......when ready to go home I would once again call him and he would fly into his cage, he then would take a bath inside of his cage while going home and make a mess all over the place.......he would raise hell whenever a plane would fly overhead.

In Cuba I had a falcon that I fixed up and then let go, once in a while I would go outside and call him an throw a piece of meat in the air and he would come down and grab it in the air...........actually it was not a falcon but it belonged to the same family.

Like Mark Twain said........"when I die send me where the animals go to"........more or lees..........I feel the same way.

V

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ponce For This Useful Post:

Dogman (23rd September 2014),zap (23rd September 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,437 Times in 2,790 Posts

Had 4 chooks for a month or so ,what a laugh they are , better than dogs or cats as they give back eggs.

The Cabal...........“Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall. Humpty Dumpty had a great fall. All the King’s horses and all the King’s men couldn’t put Humpty back together again”.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

Cultural Marxism: -The idea that good, hard working, white people should pay for those who are not, and thus in the name of equality create the conditions for their own genetic annihilation

Unobtanium
    Thanks

Bird doing better but weak, forced feed again .......took off neck brace..........is finally raining here, for the next three days..... now I don't have axcuse not to take a bath.

Unobtanium
    Thanks

Good news, the bird neck brace did work........he is 85% more straight and stronger.....he is resting better and even tried to eat on his own one time......

V

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ponce For This Useful Post:

Neuro (24th September 2014),zap (24th September 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,124 Times in 607 Posts

When does his re-hab program start?

Unobtanium
    Thanks

Three days ago....neck stronger but having problems feeding him.....maybe some bones in the neck are broken or something...if he survives the night he then will be ok and if no my dog will have a snack tomorrow morning.........that's life, not cruelty.......once the soul leaves us we are then nothing more than a piece of meat.

V