Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Usury in Christendom - Michael Hoffman

Thanks
    Thanked 2,724 Times in 1,852 Posts

Re: Usury in Christendom - Michael Hoffman

Quote Originally Posted by Hatha Sunahara View Post
    Aristotle nailed what it is.
    Hatha
    Aristotle would have only held discourse on things within his knowledge. He would have had no concept that any society would be so dumb as to rely upon the paper promises of legal fictions. People don't earn a living by trading their labor for these paper dollars. Instead people earn a living by taking advantage of the lunacy of others who accept them. Earning a living by usury or earning a living by trading labor for paper promises are equally forbidden and doing both does not cancel the fact.
    Make me one with everything.
    -- Zen Master to the hot dog vendor

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 7th trump View Post
    Hatha I'm glad you brought up that usury and weights and measures are total seperate issue to palani. Palani has difficult seeing the trees through the forest.
    You who follow Pig Law know where to find a hot meal.

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,820 Times in 2,262 Posts

The evil of usury is hard to overstate. It's corruptive influence flows and seeps into every aspect of a society. It is not just the fact that the money isn't created to pay the interest on the loan (forcing bankruptcy and resultant loss of real goods) but the fact that the principal is a fiction in itself that the banker creates out of thin air in his godlike and arrogant posture.

This is surely the reason that religion must oppose not just usury but fiat money in itself. It is quite obvious that the leaders of Christendom have sold thier souls and sold out their followers to this Satanic influence.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,367 Times in 1,125 Posts

Fractional reserve banking is fortified usury. Fractional reserve banking of fiat money is usury on steroids. None of it really matters until you understand that usury is the use of money to steal wealth. But of course you have to make a distinction between money and wealth--which most people do not.

Money is a medium of exchange. Wealth is what you create that has value. The two are not the same.

And 7th Trump, why do you feel a need to be an albatross to Palani? He adds value.

Hatha
    Cosmic justice is getting what you deserve.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hatha Sunahara For This Useful Post:

Hillbilly (23rd March 2013),woodman (10th March 2013)

Thanks

7th Trump, why do you feel a need to be an albatross to Palani?

Hatha
    I may suggest an answer to this question with some degree of accuracy.

If I am right then he would be .... [wrong] and a fragile ego will not allow this possibility.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

Question: If someone works their ass off and saves $100,000 and then loans that money to someone else at 5% interest for one year, is that usury?
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madfranks View Post
    Question: If someone works their ass off and saves $100,000 and then loans that money to someone else at 5% interest for one year, is that usury?
    According to the bible ... yes. Lawfully .... yes. Legally ... the legal system has set 6% as the threshold for usury. This changes depending upon the state though.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,415 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gunDriller View Post
    i would distinguish between "natural rent of capital". e.g. i build a machine that does something useful, and rent it to you for an agreed upon rate.

the Banksters have a different way to rent capital. they create pseudo-capital out of thin air, manage to con a majority of society into thinking that $/FRN has real value, and then charge rent on that capital.

i would say that the natural rent tends to benefit society - otherwise the people renting machines & capital wouldn't choose to do it.

whereas Bankster rental of capital, AKA usury, on balance benefits those who create pseudo-capital out of thin air.

natural rent goes back a long time. e.g. a hunter, 10,000 years ago, loaning out a hunting tool, e.g. a spear, for a percent of the goods, i.e. some meat.
    This is an interesting way to look at it.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,058 Times in 1,395 Posts

Fractional reserve banking is fortified usury. Fractional reserve banking of fiat money is usury on steroids. None of it really matters until you understand that usury is the use of money to steal wealth.
    the credit derivative scam - ongoing - all of the above on steroids, and LSD, with a baker's dozen of banker's expresso mixed in.

of all the people whose wealth was stolen by that scam, one that sticks out is a Norwegian town with a lady mayor who was interviewed in the aftermath.

they trusted Wall street with their money, bought mortgage-backed securities, and in the interview the Norwegian mayor lady says, "now all our money is gone" - stolen by the uber-usurers.
    Retired Director Morris Waxler says the FDA did not do their job for 15 years - and is not now.

HelpStopLASIK.com

BANNED (Permanent)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by palani View Post
    You who follow Pig Law know where to find a hot meal.
    Only pig law around here is your opinion of law when you dont even read the statutes and regulations to understand what law you are interpreting.
    I know it sounds pretty damn stupid but palani has admitted to not researching the law itself to pass his interpretation of it.