Page 1 of 119 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bitcoin Tracking Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

The Bitcoin Tracking Thread

Anyone else find it eerily strange that bitcoins rose to $49 and change before receding back down? Just like silver. That is quite the coincidence.
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 4,537 Posts

Re: Right now the Bitcoin price is at par with Silver Spot price...

The number 50 is a psychological barrier. I don't think it will go over $50. I'm waiting for Bitcoin to drop back to $2, then buy up a shit load and wait a year till it goes back up to $50. That's basically what I did last time (I didn't buy a SHIT LOAD though last time.)

BTW, BrotherJohnF did a response to Chris Duane's video. Of course Chris releases the video right before it's obvious the price is going to crash.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,833 Times in 999 Posts

Huh? Stupid me....

I just listened to brotherjohnF in the video above, and here's what I heard.

Apparently, according to the Brother, both times these bitcoins crashed was because they were HACKED?

In other words, this isn't technically a Ponzi Scheme, Nooooo, it's just a different kind of pump and dump scam that can be controlled and manipulated by anonymous HACKERS?

BrotherF admitted this is so, so how it this not the case?
    "Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they found it."

Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 4,306 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    Huh? Stupid me....

I just listened to brotherjohnF in the video above, and here's what I heard.

Apparently, according to the Brother, both times these bitcoins crashed was because they were HACKED?

In other words, this isn't technically a Ponzi Scheme, Nooooo, it's just a different kind of pump and dump scam that can be controlled and manipulated by anonymous HACKERS?

BrotherF admitted this is so, so how it this not the case?

BrotherF never said Bitcoins were hacked. He said the EXCHANGE was hacked. MtGox (Bitcoin exchange where you buy / sell bitcoins) was hacked causing the price to drop dramatically. The other exchanges didn't get hacked.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2...ised-exchange/

This would be equivalent to someone breaking into NASDAQ and selling Cisco shares for pennies on the dollar and buying them on the cheap anonymously. The stock (bitcoins) are secure, but the exchange is the one that got compromised.
    "Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788
    "The greatest threat to the state is when the people figure out they can exist without them." - Twisted Titan
    "Some Libertarians are born, the government makes the rest."
    "Voting is nothing more than a slaves suggestion box, voting on a new master every few years does not make you free."

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ares For This Useful Post:

Shami-Amourae (7th March 2013),Spun Gold (7th March 2013)

Great Value Carrots Silver Rocket Bitches!'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 590 Posts

Bitcoin does appear to be in a manic phase but it's important to remember that the number of bitcoins in existence is finite. Susceptible to pump and dump schemes but comparisons to the Tulip bubble are far fetched imo.
    everything we learn changes that which we know to be true

Thanks

(Bitcoin exchange where you buy / sell bitcoins) was hacked causing the price to drop dramatically.
    This represents a serious breach in the integrity of the system.

These manipulations are occurring. The hack caused the price to drop dramatically through manipulation. It was HACKED.

It happened twice already. How can this be considered a secure alternative currency when it's being manipulated by anonymous fucktard hackers?

It's a pump and dump operation in which only the hackers, (the insiders) know exactly when the crash will occur because the fucktards themselves cause it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Santa For This Useful Post:

Blink (7th April 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

Bitcoins are a fledgling currency. That means that right now they're not as stable as many expect their money to be. It's to be expected that as bitcoins develops and finds it's footing that there will be fluctuations in it's price. This makes many people uncomfortable, and they mistakenly conclude that these fluctuations prove the inadequacy of the currency. Years from now, when bitcoins are on solid ground, these fluctuations will be a thing of the past and bitcoins will be one of the most stable currencies in the world. If you understand this, and other dynamics of how money works, you can use it to your advantage.
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to madfranks For This Useful Post:

Ares (7th March 2013),Spun Gold (7th March 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 4,306 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    This represents a serious breach in the integrity of the system.

These manipulations are occurring. The hack caused the price to drop dramatically through manipulation. It was HACKED.

It happened twice already. How can this be considered a secure alternative currency when it's being manipulated by anonymous fucktard hackers?

It's a pump and dump operation in which only the hackers, (the insiders) know exactly when the crash will occur because the fucktards themselves cause it.
    Yeah.. umm a bank robbery is a serious breach of integrity of that Federal Reserve system. Yet you still use it.
    "Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788
    "The greatest threat to the state is when the people figure out they can exist without them." - Twisted Titan
    "Some Libertarians are born, the government makes the rest."
    "Voting is nothing more than a slaves suggestion box, voting on a new master every few years does not make you free."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madfranks View Post
    Bitcoins are a fledgling currency. That means that right now they're not as stable as many expect their money to be. It's to be expected that as bitcoins develops and finds it's footing that there will be fluctuations in it's price. This makes many people uncomfortable, and they mistakenly conclude that these fluctuations prove the inadequacy of the currency. Years from now, when bitcoins are on solid ground, these fluctuations will be a thing of the past and bitcoins will be one of the most stable currencies in the world. If you understand this, and other dynamics of how money works, you can use it to your advantage.
    MadFrankLoydWright. LOL....

While I'm all for alternative means of free enterprise competitive currency, the reason I am is because the FRN is being MANIPULATED to the advantage of a small secret cabal of International Banksters. Crooks. Psychopaths.

But I'm sure as hell not going to change over to another currency that's already been shown to be MANIPULATED to the advantage of a small secret cabal of International Hacksters. And there's no telling how many other holes there are hiding in the wings.

I got out of the "free market" "cough" exactly because of this type of anonymous manipulation. The whole fucking market is nothing but a giant PUMP and DUMP.

Personally, I believe in a long term sustainable Perma-culture. A solid foundation. Stability. Integrity. An honest work ethic. A decent place to grow children into human beings.

Currently, bitcoin doesn't offer any of that. And till it does, it's just the same fucking shell game.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Santa For This Useful Post:

Blink (7th April 2013)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,815 Times in 2,260 Posts

From casey Research:http://www.caseyresearch.com/cdd/dark-side-web

The most popular - or at least best known among the commerce sites thus far - is the aptly named Silk Road. This early-'90s-esque eBay/Craigslist hybrid is a marketplace for anything you won't find on the aforementioned clear net inspirations, from the odd to the downright illegal.
    How do you get to the Silk Road? Well, like any other anonymous service, it cannot be reached through a typical web address. Instead, you can only load it up on Tor, and you must use its "onion" URL:
    http://silkroadvb5piz3r.onion/silkroad/home
    Once you load up that site in your Tor browser, you'll be prompted to create an anonymous account, after which you'll be presented with a bazaar of goods from guns to cocaine to cold, hard cash.
    Why cash? On Silk Road and the many other sites like it, the currency of choice is the digital cash-equivalent known as Bitcoins. Exchangeable for dollars, euros, and virtually any other global currency, these controversial digital coins make it possible to take credit cards out of the online commerce equation, allowing the secure digital equivalent of mailing envelopes of cash to a PO Box. Just like cash, there's no way to trace them, and no recourse if they are lost or stolen - but they are also just as anonymous and free from regulation (for now).