Page 90 of 119 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bitcoin Tracking Thread

Great Value Carrots 1970 silver art's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Bitcoin Tracking Thread

Quote Originally Posted by optionT View Post
    I'm long term uber-bull, lol!

It appears that 2014 will look like 2012, in which the price rose modestly due to the fact that 2011 had an incredible rise, just like 2013 had.
    So 2015 could be absolutely massive!!
    We'll see!
    So far, 2015 is starting off on a rough note but by going down to the $250 low not seen since April 2013 but once it shakes off the recent Bitstamp hacking and other bad news, then it will go back up IMO.
    DISCLAIMER: My gut feeling on silver is just that................My gut feeling. I have absolutely nothing to back up any gut feeling that I might have on silver.

DISCLAIMER2: I am not really a '70's silver art bar expert but I try my best to play one on the Internet.

Pepperoni Pizza + Orange Juice + Netflix + Silver art bars = My life.

ATTENTION!!! I stood up to the TP king by making a 3-roll tp bet with him and guess what?............I won.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,868 Times in 2,349 Posts

Re: Right now the Bitcoin price is at par with Silver Spot price...

Quote Originally Posted by sirgonzo420 View Post
    Ok now it's at $54.88
    Whatever happened to Gonzo?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,611 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horn View Post

Whatever happened to Gonzo?
    Been wondering the same thing!

He went poof!
    "My reading no matter how transient is a dagger in the heart of ignorance."

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 1970 silver art View Post
    New low for 2015 is currently at $250.45 (Coindesk quote).
    What a difference a couple of days can make. New low is $162.68, but I think it is a low that will stick, because it had a decisive bounce up to now around $200, in the last 12h. My initial crypto-investment $1100 from October is now worth around $350. Initially I traded my bitcoins to litecoins and got about 250 of them. I have traded mainly between PPC and LTC, and in the beginning I lost some from that trade, in the middle I didn't do any trading. Now the last 10 days or so I managed to recover the trading losses and some more, and have 265 Litecoins, from a low below 200. I think I will stay in Litecoin now. I think it has the greatest potential, and the trading volume is very good, 2nd to Bitcoin and then none!
    Cultural Marxism: -The idea that good, hard working, white people should pay for those who are not, and thus in the name of equality create the conditions for their own genetic annihilation

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neuro View Post
    What a difference a couple of days can make. New low is $162.68, but I think it is a low that will stick, because it had a decisive bounce up to now around $200, in the last 12h. My initial crypto-investment $1100 from October is now worth around $350. Initially I traded my bitcoins to litecoins and got about 250 of them. I have traded mainly between PPC and LTC, and in the beginning I lost some from that trade, in the middle I didn't do any trading. Now the last 10 days or so I managed to recover the trading losses and some more, and have 265 Litecoins, from a low below 200. I think I will stay in Litecoin now. I think it has the greatest potential, and the trading volume is very good, 2nd to Bitcoin and then none!
    Yeah Bitcoin is currently rallying off of that $162.68 low and it is now at $218.26 (Coindesk.com quote). I originally said that I would stop buying bitcoin once it reached what-was-then the $275 low but I did not expect it to fall as low as it did. I did make another "nibble" on bitcoin and I bought 0.31 BTC on Coinbase when the price was at $191. It was only $59.90 (including fees) and I was able to lower my cost basis down. I might make another "nibble" on it if it retests the $162.68 low which it is certainly possible.

I have already made money on it earlier last year when it was at 2000 satoshi (currently at 5120 satoshi) but I still think that the biggest gain for me will come from Bitshares (BTS) once it really takes off and I have a lot of my past weekly bitcoin earnings invested in bitshares. When I had some profitable crypto trades, I invested the bitcoin profit in Bitshares. I also do have some DOGEcoin and I am currently adding to my Dogecoin balance but I am doing it by earning them from the DOGEcoin internet faucets. I have some other Alt coin named Whitecoin that I made my original investment back plus a profit on it when it went up to 200+ satoshi (currently back down to 75 satoshi). I did not add any Whitecoin to what I already had. Just watching the price.

At the moment, I am concentrating on bitcoin and I am still earning bitcoin from the various bitcoin faucets on the internet while watching what the price is going to do.
    Last edited by 1970 silver art; 15th January 2015 at 04:45 AM. Reason: added comments; added words; correct price; deleted words
    DISCLAIMER: My gut feeling on silver is just that................My gut feeling. I have absolutely nothing to back up any gut feeling that I might have on silver.

DISCLAIMER2: I am not really a '70's silver art bar expert but I try my best to play one on the Internet.

ATTENTION!!! I stood up to the TP king by making a 3-roll tp bet with him and guess what?............I won.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,868 Times in 2,349 Posts

Bitcoin revealed: a Ponzi scheme for redistributing wealth from one libertarian to another

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...an-to-another/

Thanks

Lightbulb Re: The Bitcoin Tracking Thread

The Truth About Willy

by paleh0rse

I've seen a lot of misconceptions about the infamous Willy bot at MtGox -- thanks, in no small part, to a few posthumous analyses posted by others over the last year that included many incorrect assumptions and conclusions.

Here's the real deal, short and to the point:

Willy purchased between 10 and 19 BTC every 5-10 minutes. Those small buys never moved the price by more than a few pennies.

Willy's purchase amounts and timing were very obviously written to take the spread and order book into account; as a result, Willy would wait a maximum of ten minutes for the order book to present an ask (or group of asks) that wouldn't move the price up by more than a few cents when Willy made a purchase.

By late December, several competing bots were created that placed asks (sells) directly in front of Willy. These further prevented any measurable price movement when Willy made buys.
    Willy was a very slow and low impact accumulation bot. Often times, thousands of coins would change hands in the 5-10 minutes between Willy's small buys.

China and real whales drove the rally. Period.

Source: I discovered Willy and studied "him" in real time for almost two months. There's more to that story -- including how the name was selected (thanks, W!), how some of us used to make bets about his next purchase amount, and about the night I confronted Mark with Willy's existence -- but, those aren't really relevant to the main points I wrote above. I'll be glad to answer any questions below, though.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comm...h_about_willy/
    "We can guarantee cash benefits as far out and at whatever size you like, but we cannot guarantee their purchasing power." – Alan Greenspan

Thanks

Update (7-3-2015): The Bitcoin that I bought with FRNS on Coinbase, I sold it all (except my Bitcoin faucet earnings) when the price was $283. However, I do have 0.1031 BTC in my wallet. The 0.1031 BTC that I have in my wallet arerepresents my current total Bitcoin earnings that I have earned from the various bitcoin faucets on the internet since mid 2014. Those BTC earnings are currently worth ~$26.31 (based on bitcoin $ price of $255.15). I do not plan to exchange FRNs for BTC, I will just continue to earning BTC from the bitcoin internet faucets to add to my bitcoin savings since there are a bunch of the BTC faucets that have decent payouts.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 1970 silver art For This Useful Post:

madfranks (3rd July 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 1970 silver art View Post
    Update (7-3-2015): The Bitcoin that I bought with FRNS on Coinbase, I sold it all (except my Bitcoin faucet earnings) when the price was $283. However, I do have 0.1031 BTC in my wallet. The 0.1031 BTC that I have in my wallet arerepresents my current total Bitcoin earnings that I have earned from the various bitcoin faucets on the internet since mid 2014. Those BTC earnings are currently worth ~$26.31 (based on bitcoin $ price of $255.15). I do not plan to exchange FRNs for BTC, I will just continue to earning BTC from the bitcoin internet faucets to add to my bitcoin savings since there are a bunch of the BTC faucets that have decent payouts.
    What do you think about Litecoin?
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madfranks View Post
    What do you think about Litecoin?
    Honestly speaking, I do not have much of an opinion on Litecoin but I watched litcoin's price go up big on coinmarketcap. I got out of Litecoin when it was in the $8.90 range but I never got back in when it was in the $1.80 range. I will be honest with you in that I like bitcoin mainly because it is the "bluechip" of cryptos and I am more motivated to earn more bitcoin because the BTC internet faucets are paying more now than they did when bitcoin was much higher. I have been taking advantage of it. The main reason that I sold the BTC that I bought with FRNs on Coinbase because I realized a small profit and wanted to lock that profit in and just keep all of the . I was planning not to exchange FRNs for BTC at this point because I can earn bitcoin from the faucets since they have much higher payouts.

At this point in time, I have earned enough BTC from the faucet earnings to buy 1-oz of silver from an online dealer that accepts Bitcoin but I will not do it at this point. My BTC goal at the moment is to save enough of my Bitcoin earnings from doing the bitcoin faucets to buy an ATB puck. As of today (July 4, 2015) I currently have a total of 0.1031 BTC which is worth about $26.24 (based on BTC price of $254.56/BTC). It took me a year to earn that much but that is misleading because 1.) BTC faucet payouts are much higher on a certain faucets now than a year ago and 2.) There are more BTC faucets with big payouts now than a year ago.

The short term goal for my bitcoin savings is to double the $ worth of my bitcoin savings from where it is now (currently at $26.24) by December 31, 2015. I will see how it goes with that. The long term bitcoin savings goal is to have enough bitcoin savings from all of my bitcoin faucet earnings to buy an ATB 5-oz bullion puck.

The alt cypto investments that I have at the moment are 1.) Whitecoin, 2.) Dogecoin (earning from DOGEcoin faucets) and 3.) Bitshares.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 1970 silver art For This Useful Post:

Horn (4th July 2015)