Page 107 of 119 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1187

Thread: The Bitcoin Tracking Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 6,607 Times in 4,200 Posts

Re: The Bitcoin Tracking Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PatColo View Post
    BTC $7,758 atm; pulled out of its sub-7K funk, with sub-6K dips, of the past ~6 weeks. https://www.coindesk.com/price

ETH $456
    more big ups since that ^ Mon 7/23 post above,

btc (high)
    $8,479.33

eth (high)
    $482.98
    FAKE "ELECTIONS" - Why Ron Paul Can't "Win"

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz

Thanks
    Thanked 6,607 Times in 4,200 Posts

$6133 low today https://www.coindesk.com/price/ << click those different time buttons above the chart to see the ride
    FAKE "ELECTIONS" - Why Ron Paul Can't "Win"

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

I think the ultimate low will be between $2-4k, and that it'll take another 12-18 months to get there. But it'll consolidate and prepare for another takeoff, next time up to $50k or so.
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

Great Value Carrots StreetsOfGold's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madfranks View Post
    I think the ultimate low will be between $2-4k, and that it'll take another 12-18 months to get there. But it'll consolidate and prepare for another takeoff, next time up to $50k or so.

My Brother is a very successful financial advisor and estate planner, one of his (expensive) go to guys is Porter Stansberry (Jew) and is extremely conservative, just recently, as in last week he is NOW pro crypto and is giving it a BUY signal. Take that for what's it's worth.
    Murder was the Catholic answer - Pope Francis

Thanks
    Thanked 2,434 Times in 1,844 Posts

... here we go AGAIN
    =============
    Bitcoin Price Manipulated by Cryptocurrency Trading Bots: WSJ
    ..... Stefan Qin, the managing partner at cryptocurrency hedge fund Virgil Capital, uses its own bots to battle “enemy” bots on dozens of cryptocurrency exchanges worldwide. His company has built error handing functions to identify activities that are potentially illegal, referencing the crypto sector as the “Wild West of Crypto.”......... Manipulation’ Has Defenders... Some bitcoin supporters who oppose to cryptocurrency regulation don’t consider market manipulation as wrong and openly support it....... He told the WSJ that he thinks it is pointless to outlaw manipulating digital currencies. He said it would be better to provide sophisticated manipulation tools to small traders as a way to level the playing field. If everyone manipulates, no one manipulates, he said... FULL ARTICLE: https://www-ccn-com.cdn.ampproject.o...ng-bots-wsj%2F

'Market manipulation 101': 'Wolf of Wall Street'-style 'pump and dump' scams plague cryptocurrency markets. Nov. 14, 2017
    https://www.businessinsider.com/ico-...7-11?r=UK&IR=T
    All the money that exists cannot buy Earth, and the evidence is that we destroy our habitat as a result, thinking that we can just seize and pillage as we see fit. If crowds endorse the pursuit of wealth at their own level, they cannot prevent multinationals from doing exactly the same. The “dystopian endless growth paradigm” is going to end with a bang but will open the door to a premise endorsing that Earth is the only wealth we truly have while journeying through life.

Thanks

The meritocrats have comprehended the nature of reality since the dawn of times (and sorry it was not discovered by the bronze age populations but way before them), and that to interfere with people's unpredictable perceptions, money is the best tool ever to herd and control behaviors. From there, it is easy to conceive that money was always meant to enslave a clueless majority.

===============

Bitcoin Price Manipulated by Cryptocurrency Trading Bots: WSJ
    ..... Stefan Qin, the managing partner at cryptocurrency hedge fund Virgil Capital, uses its own bots to battle “enemy” bots on dozens of cryptocurrency exchanges worldwide. His company has built error handing functions to identify activities that are potentially illegal, referencing the crypto sector as the “Wild West of Crypto.”......... Manipulation’ Has Defenders... Some bitcoin supporters who oppose to cryptocurrency regulation don’t consider market manipulation as wrong and openly support it....... He told the WSJ that he thinks it is pointless to outlaw manipulating digital currencies. He said it would be better to provide sophisticated manipulation tools to small traders as a way to level the playing field. If everyone manipulates, no one manipulates, he said... FULL ARTICLE: https://www-ccn-com.cdn.ampproject.o...ng-bots-wsj%2F

'Market manipulation 101': 'Wolf of Wall Street'-style 'pump and dump' scams plague cryptocurrency markets. Nov. 14, 2017
    https://www.businessinsider.com/ico-...17-11?r=UK&IR=
    All the money that exists cannot buy Earth, and the evidence is that we destroy our habitat as a result, thinking that we can just seize and pillage as we see fit. If crowds endorse the pursuit of wealth at their own level, they cannot prevent multinationals from doing exactly the same. The “dystopian endless growth paradigm” is going to end with a bang but will open the door to a premise endorsing that Earth is the only wealth we truly have while journeying through life.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,223 Times in 2,640 Posts

BTC like all cryptocurrencies is a token, an abstract token representing another abstraction, digital currency. It has utility for it's portability. But anyone who thinks it is private wealth is fooling himself. Blockchain guarantees integrity and it also guarantees an audit trail. Cyrptocurrency has zero intrinsic value. Its currency value represents pure speculation. Also, while the number of BTC is limited by an algorithm, there is no limit to how many cryptocurrencies can be created (i.e. BTC-blue BTC-yellow BTC-green etc). IMHO, the cryptocurrency is a psyop designed to provide an unlimited liquidity dry-well and a killing field for harvesting speculators. I don't own cryptocurrency because I don't speculate. And I don't own stocks and bonds because all markets are captive to the manipulations of central bankers, large institutions and computer trading programs. I save my wealth in physical metal because I can hold it in my hand, it is fungible, convertable and it's fundamentals protect my wealth from confiscation through inflation and devaluation and bank bail-ins. I don't begrudge those who make money in cryptocurrency or profit from it's portability. But understand that you are speculating with a virtual token that can vanish in a nanoseconds. I don't need the stress and worry and readily forgo the potential profits [and losses].
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

Thanks

the usual scenario now... that is it, they got what ((they)) wanted, fear and perceptions are in charge now... as it usually is the case with any currencies... welcome to reality

That is why we need a world without money, it is impossible to protect one self, unless one is part of the top 1%, because they are the ones deciding of what goes boom and bust
    --------------------
    Oct 9, 2018
    IMF Issues Stark Warning Over Bitcoin And Crypto 'Rapid' Growth
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/billyba.../#1b66e53e3544

Thanks
    Thanked 6,223 Times in 2,640 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StreetsOfGold View Post
    My Brother is a very successful financial advisor and estate planner, one of his (expensive) go to guys is Porter Stansberry (Jew) and is extremely conservative, just recently, as in last week he is NOW pro crypto and is giving it a BUY signal. Take that for what's it's worth.
    Perhaps caution and suspicion are advisable when a (((financial advisor))) suddenly recommends cryptocurrency as investment. To wit: there is an enormous kosher fly in the crypto ointment - income taxes. Fast forward to 30:40 in the video wherein Schiff shares a true story involving a crypto investor that it behooves one to hear:

Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mamboni For This Useful Post:

StreetsOfGold (17th November 2018)

Great Value Carrots StreetsOfGold's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mamboni View Post
    Perhaps caution and suspicion are advisable when a (((financial advisor))) suddenly recommends cryptocurrency as investment. To wit: there is an enormous kosher fly in the crypto ointment - income taxes. Fast forward to 30:40 in the video wherein Schiff shares a true story involving a crypto investor that it behooves one to hear:

Gold salesman
    Schiff is one of the most outspoken Anti Crytpo voices out there so. Yet, he just can't help but not talk about it.
    This (customized) saying comes to mind when I think of Schiff and crypto together

"First he ignored it, then he laughed it, now he ridicules it, then it will win."

This "kid" (his example) might be able to get back into crypto and make all the "owed" taxes back in a month, but he never mentioned that possibility but only focused on how LONG he would have to work a TRADITIONAL "job" to pay it back.
    He said Bitcoin is worth less than it was a year ago but it's worth WAY more than 2, 3, 4, etc years ago but in typical Peter Schiff fashion he conveniently forgot to mention this and only keeps you focused on the negatives instead of the myriad of positives.
    Murder was the Catholic answer - Pope Francis