Page 18 of 119 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bitcoin Tracking Thread

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,159 Times in 1,916 Posts

Re: The Bitcoin Tracking Thread

You defend yourself with your Bible, I'll do it with my gun.......as the old saying goes " God helps those who help themselves"

V
    "If you don't hold it, you don't own it"... Ponce

"I'll never stop learning because I'll never stop reading"... Ponce

Thanks
    Thanked 2,868 Times in 2,349 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ponce View Post
    You defend yourself with your Bible, I'll do it with my gun.......as the old saying goes " God helps those who help themselves"

V
    You should start a Gold & Silver Bitcoin, Ponce.

You could then say "Yes, I own them"

Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,415 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Keep in mind, that this is the same guy who believes "Cash is king". Bitcoin is a tool, is it perfect? Nope, don't think humans can invent a medium of exchange that is perfect. That's why the creator gave us Gold and Silver.

The transaction log is a necessary evil the trick is setting up multiple wallets to hide your true / public bitcoin wallet. I have multiple wallets and trying to decide which one i want to make my public address. To make it even more interesting, you can use a program called AdvOR (Advanced Onion Routing) to capture and direct the network traffic over Tor to mask your IP for your hidden wallet.

The trick is knowing the mediums weakness and to correct them on your own. Some could argue that the transaction log is it's greatest strength. Name me a single bank institution today that will let you view their transaction logs or book entries without a government issued warrant.
    I agree, it's a tool. I view it as an excellent payment processing system, something to defeat paypal.

The only issue with that is that it's apparently a crime to transfer money privately. They call it money laundering. If you set up multiple wallets as you suggest, that in itself could be considered a crime.

That transferring money between two people on the planet is a crime is disgusting and outrageous.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to vacuum For This Useful Post:

madfranks (31st March 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,816 Times in 4,307 Posts

The only issue with that is that it's apparently a crime to transfer money privately. They call it money laundering. If you set up multiple wallets as you suggest, that in itself could be considered a crime.

That transferring money between two people on the planet is a crime is disgusting and outrageous.
    Yeah transferring money between two people anonymously is "money laundering". I look at it as sheer arrogance that they deem it their "right" to know about all financial transactions. Yet, ask to view theirs, and you'll be laughed out of any court room in America. So whose really laundering money?

If they want to sue someone for having multiple wallets, I wonder if someone could counter with asking to see what's on the governments black operations books.. You know what's good for the goose is good for the gander right?
    "Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788
    "The greatest threat to the state is when the people figure out they can exist without them." - Twisted Titan
    "Some Libertarians are born, the government makes the rest."
    "Voting is nothing more than a slaves suggestion box, voting on a new master every few years does not make you free."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Keep in mind, that this is the same guy who believes "Cash is king". Bitcoin is a tool, is it perfect?
    I got the same feeling from what i read, and I didn't read all of it. It was a bit too over my head, and over-explained.

One thing I read: "the ability to profit without effort by the future efforts of others who engage in the mining of coins". Why not? Soon the new machines will be coming out and the profits will be dropping by too much supply. If the supply out paces the demand, we can buy at a bargain. Can't the same be said for silver? As industrial demands are soon overtaking the supply, aren't we doing the same here at GSUS sitting on our piles of silver? Plus, there will be a day when there will be no more BTCs being mined.

For BTC to really work is --

1. Universal acceptance
    2. Confidence in it

I know if it does take off, TPTB will try to trash it in the MSM. They want a universal currency too, but one that they control, not one who no-one controls.
    Cogito cogito, ergo cogito sum - I think that I think, therefore I think that I am

My GPG Pub key:
    http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=steyr_m&op=index&fingerprint=on

7. The Following User Says Thank You to steyr_m For This Useful Post:

madfranks (31st March 2013)

Rebel Without a Clue sirgonzo420's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,312 Times in 665 Posts

All-Time high: $98.40

VERITAS LVX MEA ET VINCIT OMNIA VERITAS.
    All Rights Reserved. - No liability assumed. - No value assured. - Without recourse. - Not amenable to process. - Not to be construed as legal advice. - From without the UNITED STATES.
    Send me encrypted msg/mail with PGP! ---> http://tiny.cc/dpr6ew

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sirgonzo420 View Post
    All-Time high: $98.40

New All-Time High: $101

All Rights Reserved. - No liability assumed. - No value assured. - Without recourse. - Not amenable to process. - Not to be construed as legal advice. - From without the UNITED STATES.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,868 Times in 2,349 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sirgonzo420 View Post
    New All-Time High: $101
    Wasn't it just the price of silver last week? That's too many tulips...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Horn For This Useful Post:

Carl (1st April 2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Horn View Post
    Wasn't it just the price of silver last week? That's too many tulips...
    New All-Time High: $103.95

Thanks

The thing that scares me about bitcoin is that if it were not going up at such a parabolic rate I wouldn't really be interested in it at all. How much of this demand is people fleeing their currencies and how much is people jumping on the band wagon because they don't want to be the only ones left behind?

This board certainly wasn't very interested in it until it's price started to become obscene. I had heard of bitcoin awhile ago but didn't really know what it was until this thread was started.

I like the idea of being able to transact anonymously online but it appears that since it leaves a permanent digital record that anyone can see, you may not be quite as anonymous as you think you are. If you use them to make a real life transaction why not just use cash instead?

One thing is certain the person or people who created it are/have already made millions or hundreds of millions and are laughing their asses off no matter what happens from here.
    You think that the machine is so powerful that you can't fight, when the reality is that you're the battery that powers the machine.