Page 7 of 119 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bitcoin Tracking Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

Re: The Bitcoin Tracking Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sirgonzo420 View Post
    Exactly.

I am not buying bitcoins at this price, but I can surely trade bitcoins obtained at a much lower price for very real, tangible silver and gold. Here is one such place to do such a thing: http://bitcoincommodities.com/

Bitcoin, since it's inception just a few years ago, has seen more than a 6,799,900% rise in FRN-value. That rise in value can be applied to all manner of physical things, including gold and silver.

EDIT: Current BTC price: $71

EDIT one hour later: Current BTC price: $74
    This rally is going towards its logical conclusion, the price has doubled in about 2 weeks from $37, prior doubling took 6-7 weeks, from $19, next one to $148, would happen in 3-5 days, unless the spell is broken...

Remember, it is different this time, and normal rules of monetary system values don't apply to bitcoins, the fact is that all the other currencies are currently in hyperinflation vs bitcoins...

Thanks
    Thanked 4,010 Times in 2,836 Posts

again why in hell would i buy Bitcoin when i can buy gold an silver ? can anyone tell me why ?

“Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you’re not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean, mad-dog mean. ‘Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That’s just the way it is.” ~ Outlaw Josey Wales…

STOP F*CKING WITH US.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mick silver View Post
    again why in hell would i buy Bitcoin when i can buy gold an silver ? can anyone tell me why ?
    No, you are a remnant of the dinosaurs!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,450 Times in 4,272 Posts

Syncing wallet all day, gives me time to learn more about it. 29K to go. Would have downloaded the .dat but not sure how to import them so I'll wait.
    Jackie did it and you know it!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,380 Times in 2,414 Posts

bitcoins = currency
    gold/silver = money

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

Gold and silver provide anonymous store of wealth physically; bitcoins provide anonymous store of wealth digitally.
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

Thanks

Never really heard or knew much about bitcoins before the last week or two. I had heard it mentioned a few times but that is it. The problem is that with the price rising exponentially like it has, it is risky to get in now. Sort of like buying silver at $45 hoping that it would break through 50 and head to $100.

It could keep running but the time to buy would have been back at $2.
    You think that the machine is so powerful that you can't fight, when the reality is that you're the battery that powers the machine.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,450 Times in 4,272 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Son-of-Liberty View Post
    Never really heard or knew much about bitcoins before the last week or two. I had heard it mentioned a few times but that is it. The problem is that with the price rising exponentially like it has, it is risky to get in now. Sort of like buying silver at $45 hoping that it would break through 50 and head to $100.

It could keep running but the time to buy would have been back at $2.
    That is almost exactly what they told me when I wanted to drop a grand into GOOG as a lotto play.
    Jackie did it and you know it!

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

This really is something else. All economic indicators point to this being classic bubble activity, but nothing like bitcoins has ever been on the market before. There is no historical trend to base prices off of, and no real floor has ever been established for them. Bitcoins have been breaking new grounds through unknown territory ever since their inception.

That being said, human nature doesn't change, but the internet allows price discovery and market changes to occur much faster than before. This mania could push bitcoins phenominally high and the crash could be devastating, all in a matter of a few weeks.
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

Thanks
    Thanked 2,105 Times in 1,033 Posts

max keiser was on aj the other doing a big rant about bit coin and how it was going to save the world. i have to wonder if the aj army is getting in. he did like a 20 minute keiser "bitcoin! bitcoin! bitcoin!" rant.