Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Litecoin Tracking Thread

Rebel Without a Clue sirgonzo420's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,286 Times in 652 Posts

The Litecoin Tracking Thread

Edit by madfranks: I moved these posts out of the bitcoin thread and started a new thread to track litecoin. Litecoin is being called the "silver" to bitcoin's "gold" and with the current trends looking positive for litecoin, I think it deserves its own thread.

Litecoin: $2.95

Litecoin has, like Bitcoin, surged from near worthlessness to being traded for $2.95 each (or about 0.028 btc) today. The market at https://btc-e.com has been going nuts!

Like 'em or hate 'em, crypto-currencies have made some people quite wealthy. Pretty damn crazy that one can run a computer program at a point in time, and then cash out for lots of silver and gold or whatever just a short while later.
    Last edited by madfranks; 3rd April 2013 at 07:07 AM.

VERITAS LVX MEA ET VINCIT OMNIA VERITAS.
    All Rights Reserved. - No liability assumed. - No value assured. - Without recourse. - Not amenable to process. - Not to be construed as legal advice. - From without the UNITED STATES.
    Send me encrypted msg/mail with PGP! ---> http://tiny.cc/dpr6ew

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sirgonzo420 For This Useful Post:

gunDriller (6th April 2013),vacuum (3rd April 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,660 Times in 1,327 Posts

Re: The Bitcoin Tracking Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sirgonzo420 View Post
    Bitcoin: $108.47

Litecoin has, like Bitcoin, surged from near worthlessness to being traded for $2.95 (or about 0.028 btc) today. The market at https://btc-e.com has been going nuts!

Like 'em or hate 'em, crypto-currencies have made some people quite wealthy. Pretty damn crazy that one can run a computer program at a point in time, and then cash out for lots of silver and gold or whatever just a short while later.
    Definitely, if you would of asked me 2 years ago if I would invest in hardware to mine either BitCoins or Litecoins I would of laughed and said hell no. But I see the potential is there to make some extra money. Yeah I might not live well off of it, that's fine if I can supplement my income a little why not?
    "Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788

"The greatest threat to the state is when the people figure out they can exist without them." - Twisted Titan

"Some Libertarians are born, the government makes the rest."

Rebel Without a Clue sirgonzo420's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,286 Times in 652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sirgonzo420 View Post
    Bitcoin: $108.47

Litecoin is now $4.33.

VERITAS LVX MEA ET VINCIT OMNIA VERITAS.
    All Rights Reserved. - No liability assumed. - No value assured. - Without recourse. - Not amenable to process. - Not to be construed as legal advice. - From without the UNITED STATES.
    Send me encrypted msg/mail with PGP! ---> http://tiny.cc/dpr6ew

Thanks
    Thanked 2,566 Times in 1,307 Posts

I started litecoin mining tonight, I'm averaging 8.780 KH/s hashrate.
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that Iím very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madfranks View Post
    I started litecoin mining tonight, I'm averaging 8.780 KH/s hashrate.
    I've got 2 laptops, 2 desktops, and a dual xeon quad core server litecoin mining until my LTC mining rig shows up. I'm getting about 140 KH/s
    "Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788

"The greatest threat to the state is when the people figure out they can exist without them." - Twisted Titan

Thanks
    Thanked 2,566 Times in 1,307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    I've got 2 laptops, 2 desktops, and a dual xeon quad core server litecoin mining until my LTC mining rig shows up. I'm getting about 140 KH/s
    You're getting an LTC rig too? I'm going to just use my home PC as a litecoin rig until my bitcoin miner comes in.
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that Iím very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madfranks View Post
    You're getting an LTC rig too? I'm going to just use my home PC as a litecoin rig until my bitcoin miner comes in.
    Yeah wife and I went back and forth for a little while, and there's a lot of upside potential in litecoins as only 2.5 million of the total 84 million have been mined. With MtGox confirming that they are going to start trading LTC, that opens up a huge market. It's also been said that there is going to be a competitor to Silk Road called Atlantis in Tor hidden services which are strictly going to use LTC's. Another draw and value for the currency.

So I purchased dual 7950's, a mobo, processor, 1000w power supply and 8GB's of RAM. It's scheduled to arrive this friday. I'll build it and get it hashing. Potential hashing speed is at 1200 KH/s with just those 2 7950's GPU's. At current difficulty that will equate to about 360 LTC's a month.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ares For This Useful Post:

Spun Gold (4th April 2013)

Thanks

Litecoin fence sitters.. Maybe this will help. This is taken directly from MtGox twitter feed.

Couleur Jolicoeur ‏@Gab1159 10h

@MtGox Any truth that Mt. Gox. may be considering Litecoin soon?
    Details
    Retweet
    Favorite

MtGox.com MtGox.com ‏@MtGox

@Gab1159 Hello, Yes, we are considering this but have no ETA for implementation yet.

Retweet
    Favorite

https://twitter.com/MtGox/status/319143280157794305

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ares For This Useful Post:

vacuum (2nd April 2013)

Thanks

You can GPU mine, and CPU mine LTC on the same box.

"Pooler" wrote an assembly level routine for CPU (scrypt) processing. How the hell he did that I would like to know. Assembly level programming is insanely removed from anything resembling a language.

Fire it up on top of GUIminer etc..

I'm predicting the LTC difficulty factor is going to climb sharply very soon as butterfly labs is shipping any day now, and they are massively back logged in pre-orders (thousands).
    It was time to move on. Too many jello head moonbats with personality issues post on this forum.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by optionT View Post
    What is a safe exchange for purchasing litecoins?
    The only one that I know of is https://btc-e.com but I've read it's insanely difficult to move funds in and out of that exchange. I'm just going to hold off and wait until Mt.Gox starts trading LTC's to sell. By then hopefully they'll hit the projected $8-10 mark and I'll make my ROI.