Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thr Real Relative Value of Things

Thanks
    Thanked 2,868 Times in 2,349 Posts

Re: Thr Real Relative Value of Things

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian_Guard View Post
    Last 5 years the world gold supply has increased 1.5% on average, per year.
    That's like God's money, or something.

Citizens must not be good enough to lay their hands on it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Horn For This Useful Post:

Libertarian_Guard (13th April 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,223 Times in 2,640 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Horn View Post
    That's like God's money, or something.

Citizens must not be good enough to lay their hands on it.
    Yes, gold makes for such a perfect money in so many ways that only God could have created it. For millenia gold production has averaged 2% of the stock, a remarkable constant. Isn't it interesting how central bankers on the one hand reject gold and on the other always quote "targeted 2% inflation" as the ideal rate of growth of the monetary base. In their hearts and minds, they know that gold is right and true. But their arrogance and pride compel them to reject gold as money. Man versus God, the neverending battle. A logical man might ask: if gold supply increases by 2% over the stock (basis), and 2% monetary inflation is the ideal balance, why not simply adopt a gold-backed currency? The prideful response will be: "We don't need gold to control us!" In the shadows, the corrupt and greedy know the real reason to reject gold: "It makes it possible to rob the common man of his labors through cycles of engineered deflation and inflation and the control of credit and debt."

Imagine if everyman man accumulated a little gold each year, almost as a ritualist paean to God. Imagine if each of us was his own banker. What a better world this would be for all men.
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mamboni For This Useful Post:

horseshoe3 (14th April 2013),Libertarian_Guard (13th April 2013),monty (13th April 2013),Twisted Titan (13th April 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,083 Times in 2,713 Posts

If Each House Hold was their own Central Banker they would have the unique abilty when things did not agree with them.

THEY COULD SAY NO AND MEAN IT.

Honor The Most High, Keep His Commandments and all will go well with you.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,434 Times in 1,844 Posts

if metal prices are based on world GDP, and that everything is a scam what is the real value of the latter? Scratching my head....
    All the money that exists cannot buy Earth, and the evidence is that we destroy our habitat as a result, thinking that we can just seize and pillage as we see fit. If crowds endorse the pursuit of wealth at their own level, they cannot prevent multinationals from doing exactly the same. The “dystopian endless growth paradigm” is going to end with a bang but will open the door to a premise endorsing that Earth is the only wealth we truly have while journeying through life.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mamboni View Post
    Imagine if everyman man accumulated a little gold each year, almost as a ritualist paean to God. Imagine if each of us was his own banker. What a better world this would be for all men.
    http://fotfl.com/wp-content/themes/t...pg&w=316&h=156

Thanks

Based on what a friend told me and who read Human Action by von Mises twice (we had a LONG conversation last week too long to paraphrase here), betting on $5000 gold will cause a quadruple whammy of mass starvation worldwide (good for the NWO) then metal prices will plunge as they will have to settle. The problem is production has to be kept up for metal to continue to perform to stay at such high levels...

we also discussed money as a time device, how long would can one survive without having to extend production if everything is based on profits? Beyond a certain point, profits become a death sentence. This is what greed is all about.

I wish this friend was a member, maybe soon if I bug him.

Just be careful what one wishes for.
    All the money that exists cannot buy Earth, and the evidence is that we destroy our habitat as a result, thinking that we can just seize and pillage as we see fit. If crowds endorse the pursuit of wealth at their own level, they cannot prevent multinationals from doing exactly the same. The “dystopian endless growth paradigm” is going to end with a bang but will open the door to a premise endorsing that Earth is the only wealth we truly have while journeying through life.

Thanks

The problem is production has to be kept up for metal to continue to perform to stay at such high levels...
    I remember buying ounces, now wouldn't be caught dealing in anything more than halves.

Hows that for a performance?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Horn View Post
    I remember buying ounces, now wouldn't be caught dealing in anything more than halves.

Hows that for a performance?
    Horn, on what value do you base your "halves" first... ? Or would you speak of silver?

your very situation doesnt illustrate the situation.

Instead, look at speculation/profits and their results. I think von Mises, although correct on hard nacked currencies, is wrong about competition. What I meant is that "living small, beyond one's means" is impossible in a society praising profits... the "i want more security/mentality" is a cancer that empowers monopolies of all kinds.

The planet has been in hyper consumerism mode since the beginning of industrialization which has led us on the brink. So i wonder how any financial guru can assess the real value of gold/silver. Just assume that gold reaches indeed $5000, one needs LOTS of gold to survive as everything will be highly expensive... of course the new world fiat currency may also be a possibility. All good for the banksters.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,266 Times in 1,345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mamboni View Post
    B...b..b...but Krugman said dollars are better than gold, because you can't eat gold but you can wipe your ass with a dollar. I'm so confused!
    You can eat FRNs. It's part of a high fiber diet. Of course, you need some minerals, too...

Gold
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by singular_me View Post
    The planet has been in hyper consumerism mode since the beginning of industrialization which has led us on the brink.
    That is incorrect. Hyperconsumerism has been invented, it is not a direct result of industrialization. High quality items that don't break have been replaced by poor quality garbage that would have to be turned / bought over, this has been done on purpose by some at the top. This isn't true in every country, only selected few.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to FreeEnergy For This Useful Post:

Jewboo (17th April 2013)