Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Has the collapse begun? Is paper gold selling in a panic to buy physical?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,223 Times in 2,640 Posts

Re: Has the collapse begun? Is paper gold selling in a panic to buy physical?

Quote Originally Posted by Atocha View Post
    Buy Low, sell high. With all the countries and banks buying tons of gold, I would not be surprised if the price is being squashed so more gold can be bought for less dollars/euros. Hold what you got and buy more if you can.

Time is working against the American Dollar as is with all currencies. It is only a matter of time before another adjustment comes but in higher gold and silver prices.

I remember what the Ex-Fed Chairman Greenspan said. Something like, "I can print all the dollars you want but I can't guarantee they will buy anything. I take this also to mean. I can print all the dollars you want but I can not guarantee you will be able to buy gold or silver with it.

Everyone is rushing into the dollar from euros and such. I have a friend in Argentina that immediately converts his Argentinian money into dollars...or gold.

They want people to panic sell. Then big money comes in and buys everything up...and then boom...Price moves higher.

I am somewhat flabbergasted that the law of supply and demand is not affecting metal prices as they should in a supply and demand market.

The metals market is deliberately being squashed. It won't last for long.
    Yes, your words ring of truth. But why punish the monkey (silver) and let the organ grinder go (gold)?
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

Thanks
    Thanked 4,636 Times in 3,208 Posts

“Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to osoab For This Useful Post:

Mouse (15th April 2013),Son-of-Liberty (15th April 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,297 Times in 1,398 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Titan View Post
    I fully agree with your assement.

I just find myself day dreaming about a large sum of "money" like that and how quickly i could make it dissapear on useful goods
    I wish I could help you make dreams become reality. It would be a fun adventure.
    SPECTRISM time countdown2025

Thanks
    Thanked 2,297 Times in 1,398 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Salty View Post
    When gold and silver stop bidding for dollars, the paper price crashes and then the paper markets crash and then the price and value become one. We are almost there.

I think the other way around.... the paper price skyrockets. There won't be enough worthless paper for an ounce of gold. You are right in your viewpoint- but are gold & silver really bidding for dollars or is it the money managers pretending they are? Since there is no physical metal to tie to the bids, I think the game is all fake at this point. They will convey so many tons of metals to keep up appearances, but they are keen to buy off demand with excess paper profits when supplies are showing too lean.
    SPECTRISM time countdown2025

Large Sarge

gold VIX at record levels (pre-lehman),
    something huge has broken

seriously

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-0...nverted-lehman

Thanks
    Thanked 1,897 Times in 921 Posts

Things we KNOW : powerful forces are working in concert with the enemies of freedom to make it APPEAR that pm's are suddenly worth LESS than they were a few days ago. and, even they are unable to do this with actually buying or selling actual pm's so, just like the newsmedia they shuffle paper,print lies, and watch the sheep panic in their little pens. I am not panicing not selling not changing my plan of converting worthless paper to eternally valuable silver.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JDRock For This Useful Post:

mick silver (15th April 2013)

Palladium
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mamboni View Post
    Yes, your words ring of truth. But why punish the monkey (silver) and let the organ grinder go (gold)?
    That is the million dollar question. Things do not make sense sometimes. Perhaps the powers that be do not want people to be independent. In fact I know they don't.

Gold, Silver, Beans and Bullets. I have seen what they have done to the ammo supply, I see what they are doing to gold and silver. Will food be next?

Water eventually finds its level. There is to much sloshing right now.

Instead of confiscation, which is hard to do, make the people panic and they themselves will sell it. I am not going to panic.

Damn the torpedoes...Full steam ahead.

Palladium
    Thanks

Agree! From what I understand, it is not necessarily that Gold or Silver is worth less BUT the dollar is stronger or weaker.

With the deficit in the TRILLIONS or maybe QUADRILLIONS, a sane person can not tell me that the pieces of paper backed by the American Taxpayer are worth more than a tangible item. The American Taxpayer is quickly becoming extinct. They are just moving digits on spreadsheet columns making the appearance that gold and silver has no value. It is a lie.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atocha For This Useful Post:

mick silver (15th April 2013),midnight rambler (15th April 2013)

Large Sarge

so maybe they are getting rid of all their short positions, to let the metals run, about a week ago Sinclair said there was a shift in the market

they would need 1 final plow down to unwind all those positions,

Thanks
    Thanked 6,223 Times in 2,640 Posts

Jim Willie explains it all:

Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mamboni For This Useful Post: