Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GSUS is accepting bitcoin donations!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,266 Times in 1,345 Posts

GSUS is accepting bitcoin donations!

I am not calling for a general donation campaign at this time, but I wanted to give those who would like to donate bitcoins the chance to do so. GSUS enters the mania!

Please send bitcoins here:

1JzftS9qqVadQ9Pa93LLuPGFbDyqKP9j2K

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JohnQPublic For This Useful Post:

vacuum (18th April 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 4,537 Posts

Re: GSUS is accepting bitcoin donations!

Get a Litecoin address too. You can swap Bitcoins/Litecoins here.
    https://btc-e.com/exchange/ltc_btc

I dunno what exchange you're using, but make sure to do the verification process on whatever exchange you use so you can cash out BTC into USD. Mt Gox allows this, but the queue is super long now since there's so many new users -- I'm glad I did that in 2011.

If you get a Litecoin address I'll send you some the next time I cash out of my mining pool.

BTW the reason why I wouldn't send some now is since the transaction fee at BTC-e is super high so it would defeat the purpose.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shami-Amourae View Post
    Get a Litecoin address too. You can swap Bitcoins/Litecoins here.
    https://btc-e.com/exchange/ltc_btc

I dunno what exchange you're using, but make sure to do the verification process on whatever exchange you use so you can cash out BTC into USD. Mt Gox allows this, but the queue is super long now since there's so many new users -- I'm glad I did that in 2011.

If you get a Litecoin address I'll send you some the next time I cash out of my mining pool.
    I am looking litecoin, too. It is more complicated to install on linux, but I will get it. Thanks!

I have not signed up for an exchange yet. Any suggestions? I do not need one if I just keep the bitcoins, right?

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,181 Times in 2,248 Posts

While this subject is floating near the top..... are you still using the Post office box? I send through some cash each year but I get nervous someone is going to lift it before it gets there or the box is no longer yours. I'd hate for someone else to get it.
    Great minds discuss Ideas, Average minds discuss Events, Small minds discuss People. E.R.

Anytime I'm in doubt I go outside and give it a little shake.
    Liberty Tree.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,380 Times in 2,414 Posts

The cool thing is everyone can track donations here:
    https://blockchain.info/address/1Jzf...uPGFbDyqKP9j2K

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

Attachment 4752

If GIM can mint their cheesy silver coin why can't we mint our own digital GSUScoin ?

and a nice encrypted thumb drive Wallet with GSUS logo

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnQPublic View Post
    I am looking litecoin, too. It is more complicated to install on linux, but I will get it. Thanks!

I have not signed up for an exchange yet. Any suggestions? I do not need one if I just keep the bitcoins, right?
    You don't even need to use the wallet. You can store some at BTC-e. Just have an account there. Under the Finances section click "Make a Deposit" under the LTC section. This will give you an address you can publish and any Litecoins sent to this address will end up in your BTC-e account.

If you just want Bitcoins to have Bitcoins that's actually not a bad thing since me and others here think they will go up in value over time and you can buy more and more things with them everyday. People laugh at it all today, but the free market will/is developing new exchanges and places to buy things.

I would sign up at BTC-e since its the best place to swap Bitcoins for Litecoins (and other alternative cryptocurrencies)..... errr watch at the 15 minute mark in this video by BrotherJohnF, he explains BTC-e a bit.

You may also want to sign up at Mt Gox and Dwolla. The downside to both of these is you need to get verified at both, which means you have to send a lot of personal information to them and go through a verification process. None of this is easy right now, but it's improving monthly, I assure you.

Anyways Dwolla you can link with your bank account (it's an alternative to PayPal.) You can send/receive cash from Dwolla to Mt Gox. So when I bought Litecoins I sent USD from my bank to Dwolla, then from Dwolla to Mt Gox, then I bought Bitcoins at Mt Gox, then sent my Bitcoins to BTC-e, then I swapped the Bitcoins for Litecoins at BTC-e. That's what most people do since it's difficult to get USD onto that exchange since it's Russian (even though it's possible.)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Shami-Amourae For This Useful Post:

JohnQPublic (18th April 2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jewboo View Post
    Attachment 4752

If GIM can mint their cheesy silver coin why can't we mint our own digital GSUScoin ?

and a nice encrypted thumb drive Wallet with GSUS logo
    Go for it. Nothing stopping you.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,380 Times in 2,414 Posts

It should be interesting to see if GSUS gets more donations in gold and silver or bitcoins and litecoins.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to vacuum For This Useful Post:

Shami-Amourae (18th April 2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vacuum View Post
    It should be interesting to see if GSUS gets more donations in gold and silver or bitcoins and litecoins.
    Mainly dollars at this point. Certainly no gold!