Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold & Silver have not yet BOTTOMED

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,790 Times in 2,128 Posts

Re: Gold & Silver have not yet BOTTOMED

If there is any thread or string holding paper (spot) to physical this could break it. Then we could see physical take off toward 3 digits even when spot goes to Zero.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,223 Times in 2,640 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ximmy View Post
    If there is any thread or string holding paper (spot) to physical this could break it. Then we could see physical take off toward 3 digits even when spot goes to Zero.
    This is pure manipulation. The central banks are trying to break the will of the gold bugs by letting gold have a brief strong rally, then smack it hard again. This is so f'ing predictable that it is getting boring and boorish. I will wait a day or two 'til the assholes are done and then I will buy still more physical gold, assuming there is any available in 2-3 days.
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mamboni For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,297 Times in 1,398 Posts

It could be worse. They could declare it illegal to own gold or silver bullion and that numismatics will be assessed a user tax.... and then drop the price of metals by 50%.
    SPECTRISM time countdown2025

Thanks
    Thanked 6,223 Times in 2,640 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrism View Post
    It could be worse. They could declare it illegal to own gold or silver bullion and that numismatics will be assessed a user tax.... and then drop the price of metals by 50%.
    They no longer control the price of gold - only the Chinese and the rest of the BRIICS are too polite to tell them.
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

Thanks
    Thanked 2,058 Times in 1,395 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrism View Post
    i think the IRS will approach it via the tax route.

e.g. raising the tax on collectibles (28% ?), vs. that on long/short term capital gains (15% ?).

and increasing market maker (coin dealer) paperwork requirements.

maybe the Chinese will send over crews to buy Gold from Americans discreetly, using Craigslist ads.
    Retired Director Morris Waxler says the FDA did not do their job for 15 years - and is not now.

HelpStopLASIK.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ximmy View Post
    What joboo! The game is rigged? I don't believe it. Another enlightening post!
    Yeah sorry I forgot to include pictures like that other guy does to help you visualize it. I see as much in floating tea leaves, or a bowl of soggy cheerios, as I do in the latest charts from the "experts"...

But feel free to go crosseyed staring at them upside down , and backwards. Whatever you feel enriches your journey through the cosmos...
    It was time to move on. Too many jello head moonbats with personality issues post on this forum.

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,790 Times in 2,128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joboo View Post
    Yeah sorry I forgot to include pictures like that other guy does to help you visualize it. I see as much in floating tea leaves, or a bowl of soggy cheerios, as I do in the latest charts from the "experts"...

But feel free to go crosseyed staring at them upside down , and backwards. Whatever you feel enriches your journey through the cosmos...
    Hey hey... I thought you were sleeping...
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm...0fqqo1_400.jpg

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ximmy For This Useful Post:

mamboni (1st May 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,647 Times in 3,216 Posts

Charts are useless, and the people that make them up seem to keep forgetting the entire thing is rigged.

They sure do look pretty though, and keep people mesmerised...and guessing....deeeeerrrrrpp.
    Seems like a shortsighted comment to me. Have you forgot all of the trading algo's that will run rampant over a market just because of a fake tweet?
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Thanks
    Thanked 4,437 Times in 2,790 Posts

Yeah sorry I forgot to include pictures like that other guy(He means me Serpo (THAT OTHER GUY)) does to help you visualize it. I see as much in floating tea leaves, or a bowl of soggy cheerios, as I do in the latest charts from the "experts"...

The beginning of the silver age

By Xinshan Zhou

April 29, 2013 • Reprints

3. Celebrate the Birth of Wave III

Before introducing our leading character — silver — I’d like to expound on the wave information imprinted in figure 1. Some may argue that 20 months for wave II is too short to correct the 144 months in wave I. In my opinion, 20 months of correction is long enough. Why? First, a price correction of 36% is acceptable (1,923 – 1,323 = 600; 1,923 – 253 = 1,670; 600 / 1,670 = 36%). Second, the secular trend line support at point C is strong confirmation for the end of wave II. Third, the bearish market of gold and silver lasted too long, about 20 years, during the last super correction wave from 1980 to 2000, therefore gold needs to accelerate its speed upwards to make up for the lost time. Last but not least, if we consider the abnormal global currency printing speed today, I would say 20 months of correction is too long.

Both gold and silver are at the beginning of wave III. There might be another down leg in the daily chart to confirm the bottom next month, but that may not occur. It is a rare opportunity now to enter for those who missed wave I. Generally, wave III will run faster and gain much more compared with wave I. It will probably take gold to $10,050 to $16,000 per ounce in circa 5 to 8 years or even faster. Meanwhile, silver will go to $500 to $1,100 per ounce then.

An alternative method to count waves is to separate the gold trend into nine waves for this super-cycle after 1999. It’s in the beginning of wave 7 now. Currently, silver can also be considered to be at the beginning of wave 3 in wave III. Personally, I think all these counting methods are correct. We all know that theory wave explains the history better than it forecasts the future, so there should be multiple methods to count waves.

4. Silver: Cup with Handle Pattern

The silver chart will provide a classical cup with handle pattern for future investors to study. The body of the cup is finished already. We are waiting for the completion of the handle. Because the cup lasted 21 years, the handle needs a few years to make it strong enough to hold the cup. Personally, I think it may take three or four years this time. That means silver price will break through the neckline at $50, or its historical high, in 2014 or 2015. Generally, the potential gain from the neckline will equal to or exceed the body size, 14.37 fold. Therefore, the next station for silver is $700+ / oz after the completion of cup with handle pattern. Silver may yield another body size in one or two decades, the price will be higher than $10,000/oz then.

http://media.resourceinvestor.com/re...3/04/29/X2.jpg

Quarterly Logarithm Chart of Silver Price
    http://www.resourceinvestor.com/2013...-metals&page=2

The Cabal...........“Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall. Humpty Dumpty had a great fall. All the King’s horses and all the King’s men couldn’t put Humpty back together again”.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,437 Times in 2,790 Posts

5. What Factors Support Silver Price Going up?

First, silver stock is decreasing. Humans have dug out about 50 to 60 billion ounces of silver and 5 to 6 billion ounces of gold up to now. Most of the gold, more than 90 %, is still there, but there are only about 1 billion ounces of silver left. More than 95% of silver was consumed by industry in the last century. Because of its incomparably excellent physical and chemical characteristics, silver is widely used almost everywhere such as in solar energy, television sets, computers, cell phones, digital cameras, all other electronic equipment and many other areas. The dwindling trend of silver stock will continue until silver is completely depleted. The decreasing silver stock is perpetual propulsion for silver price going up.

Second, global money supply is increasing dramatically every year. From January 1980 to now, the U.S. monetary base has increased 22 fold from $130 billion to $3,025 billion; China’s M2 has increased almost 800 fold from 130 billion yuan to 103.6 trillion yuan; all other countries have also increased their money supply. Total world money supply has increased above 22 fold, the same as the USA during this period. If we calculate the high price of gold and silver in 1980 with the current money supply, gold price will go beyond $20,079 / oz (873 x 23), and silver price will be higher than $1,158 / oz. Even though today’s gold stock is more than its stock in 1980 (increased about 50%), we can get gold price at $13,386 / oz (20,079 / 1.5). What about silver? Believe it or not, today’s silver stock is no more than one third of its stock in 1980. Therefore, the corrected high price for silver in 1980 should be above $3,500/oz. I expect to witness this price in 20 years.

Some may worry about what will happen if the central banks stop printing currency. Will the price of gold and silver go down then? First, no central bank wants to stop printing if they can print. The printing speed may slow down during some periods, but it never stopped in monetary history (details concerning this topic are beyond this article). Second, even if they want to stop printing, it’s already too late because they have printed too much. Keep in mind that silver stock will continually decrease and money supply will simultaneously increase. As long as the central banks can discretionarily print currency, the secular uptrend of gold, silver and all other commodities will never stop. Silver price will go higher and higher.

6. A Word to the Price Ratio of Gold and Silver

The price ratio of gold and silver should be in accordance with the ratio of the amount of silver and gold. What is the ratio now? How can we determine the ratio? It should be between 9 and 16. First, as I mentioned above, the ratio of all silver and gold dug by humans up to now is about 10. Second, the ratio of silver and gold dug by all countries in recent years is around 9. Third, according to U.S. Geological Survey, the ratio of available underground reserved silver and gold in the world is about 10. Last, surveys by geologists show that the amount of silver and gold in the earth’s crust is about 16:1. All these data suggests that the price ratio of gold and silver should be between 9 and 16. This is also coherent with the price ratio of gold and silver throughout 5,000 years of human history, which was between 8 and 16 most of the time.

Many people are accustomed to the high price ratio of gold and silver, it is about 60 these days. The possible reasons may be that they presume there is much more silver than gold, or the futures contract size designed for silver is 50 times that of gold in the United States. In fact, silver stock is less than gold stock today. Compared to more than five billion ounces of gold, there are only one billion ounces of silver available for investment now. The futures contract size ratio of 50 doesn’t mean the price ratio should be 50. If that is true, the price ratio should be 15 in China because the designed contract size ratio of silver and gold is 15 in all exchanges over there. Clearly, this is not true.

The cardinal reason that many investors buy gold is based on the assumption that gold is money. However, silver is also money and is depleting much faster than gold. Silver price must go up and will go up faster than gold price. Therefore, the price ratio of gold and silver will gradually go down to the area between 9 and 16 in the next few years and will continue to go down in the future.
    Conclusion: Super Stars Come on the Scene!

I have demonstrated a panorama of the price uptrend of gold and silver in the next few years or decades from both technical analysis (trend, wave theory, statistics and patterns) and value analysis (supply and demand, money supply, hyperinflation and gold silver price ratio). I firmly believe that the price of gold and silver is extremely undervalued right now. The price slump two weeks ago provided a perfect purchasing opportunity for those who had no gold and silver in their portfolios. The potential yield could be eight to ten times or more for gold and dozens times for silver in the next few years.

Because the central banks can discretionarily print currency, super inflation will come and is inevitable. There are hundreds of examples of super inflation in human history such as Weimar (1919 to 1923), China (1940 to 1948), Zimbabwe (2000 to 2010) and so on. People will lose confidence in all fiat currencies and rush to the real money – gold and silver. A new worldwide currency supported by gold or gold and silver will definitely come to fruition. April 15, 2013 was probably the beginning of a new uptrend for both gold and silver, and the transition from the gold age to the silver age.

The Cabal...........“Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall. Humpty Dumpty had a great fall. All the King’s horses and all the King’s men couldn’t put Humpty back together again”.