Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reporter Who Ended Gen. McChrystal's Career Dies in Car Accident?

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Thanked 2,266 Times in 1,345 Posts

Reporter Who Ended Gen. McChrystal's Career Dies in Car Accident?

Coroner has not determined if crash victim is Michael Hastings

"...The Los Angeles county coroner's office had yet to determine Tuesday night whether a body recovered from a fiery car crash was that of award-winning journalist Michael Hastings.

The body was badly charred and identified only as "John Doe 117," law enforcement authorities told The Times.
    Coroner's officials were attempting to match dental records to help make a positive identification, according to authorities.
    The death of the 33-year-old Hastings was announced by his employer, BuzzFeed, which said he died in a Los Angeles car accident..."

"...Hastings was best known for his 2010 Rolling Stone profile that led to the resignation of Gen. Stanley McChrystal. Hastings was a contributing editor to the magazine.

At the time of the article, McChrystal commanded all U.S. and NATO forces in Afghanistan. In the piece, he voiced open contempt for President Obama and administration policies.

After it was published, McChrystal was summoned to the White House to meet with the president. McChrystal resigned afterward..."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JohnQPublic For This Useful Post:

gunDriller (19th June 2013)

Thanks

Re: Reporter Who Ended Gen. McChrystal's Career Dies in Car Accident?

Journalist who brought down U.S. general is killed in Los Angeles car crash

"...police said a man who had not been identified was killed before dawn on Monday when his car slammed into a tree near Hollywood and burst into flames in what authorities say was the only fatal traffic accident reported in the city during the day. The driver was the lone occupant of the automobile, police said.

Coroner's Lieutenant Fred Corral said the body of the driver was burned beyond recognition and that further investigation was required to make a positive identification.

Authorities said they had no further information about the circumstances or cause of the accident, which left the trunk of a palm tree at the corner of Melrose and Highland Avenues gouged and charred black..."

Thanks

It is coming fast and furious, folks.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,454 Times in 4,275 Posts

There is fighting amongst the ranks...
    Jackie did it and you know it!

Thanks

Journalist Michael Hastings Dies in Fiery Hollywood Crash

Video at link ("...sounded like a bomb went off...house shook...windows rattled...")

"...The solo-vehicle crash happened near the intersection of Highland and Melrose avenues around 4:15 a.m., according to the LAPD.
    Hastings’ Mercedes-Benz slammed into a tree and caught fire.

“I was just coming northbound on Highland and I seen a car going really fast, and all of a sudden I seen it jackknife,” said Luis Cortez, who witnessed the wreck.

“I just seen parts fly everywhere and I slammed on my brakes and stopped and tried to call 911,” Cortez added.

The engine of the vehicle was found in a yard about 100 feet away.

The driver was pronounced dead at the scene. Coroner’s officials said the body was too badly burned to make an immediate identification.

Police were investigating the possibility that speed may have been a factor in the crash..."

"...
    Cenk Uygur, host of “The Young Turks.”...
    “He was incredibly tense and very worried and was concerned that the government was looking in on his material,” he said..."

Thanks

"“I was just coming northbound on Highland and I seen a car going really fast, and all of a sudden I seen it jackknife,” said Luis Cortez, who witnessed the wreck.

Sounds contrived, "
    I was just coming northbound on Highland" sounds like a competent English speaker. "I seen a car going really fast" sounds like someone more ignorant, but not a typical "Mexican".

How often do cars jack knife then instantly explode and burst into flames sending the engine 100 ft. away? It can happen, but it sounds like it may have had some help (take out a tire or two, then set off incendiary device?). But don't worry, the LAPD is on top of it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JohnQPublic For This Useful Post:

govcheetos (20th June 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,868 Times in 2,349 Posts

Yeah, was thinking that too.

But gee, when trying to lose someone who's tailing you. Be sure not to go so fast so that when you hit a tree you launch your car's engine 30 yards.

It would be interesting to see the stretch of road and skid marks before hitting the tree.

Thanks

Did anyone notice the "izzy" washing away the evidence already by the time the cop got there
    -Hillbilly 8)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnQPublic View Post

"...Hastings was best known for his 2010 Rolling Stone profile that led to the resignation of Gen. Stanley McChrystal. Hastings was a contributing editor to the magazine.

At the time of the article, McChrystal commanded all U.S. and NATO forces in Afghanistan. In the piece, he voiced open contempt for President Obama and administration policies.
    McChrystal knew what he was doing, he was part of the reporting,
    it was his way of telling off the administration, he knew the outcome.

They knew who they were talking to for one.

" Hastings' unvarnished 2010 profile of McChrystal in the pages of Rolling Stone, "The Runaway General," captured the then-supreme commander of the U.S.-led war effort in Afghanistan openly mocking his civilian commanders in the White House. "

I have the threads on this with the background , McChrystal was not a good guy,
    he was part of death squads and heroin state , but he actually believed he was
    fighting a real war for his country. He figured out that was not the case.

McChrystal himself is a whistle blower of sorts, a highly disillusioned General.

A key built up thread.

General McChrystal Resigns

Michael Hastings Dead at 33 | Politics News | Rolling Stone

" A contributing editor to Rolling Stone, Hastings leaves behind a remarkable legacy of reporting, including an exposé of America's drone war, an exclusive interview with WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange at his hideout in the English countryside, an investigation into the Army's illicit use of "psychological operations" to influence sitting Senators and a profile of Taliban captive Bowe Bergdahl, "America's Last Prisoner of War.""

Original article, MUST READING ! McCrystal was a part of this reporting, he took shots at Obama, he knew the outcome, one the good things he did.

General Stanley McChrystal: The Runaway General by Michael Hastings | Politics News | Rolling Stone
    LARGE SARGE LEFT. Dogman4Socks, regarding Hoarder and LargeSarge accounts. " Edit: Bet it was no accident, maybe a point being made ?" " and for the one that did it , kudos for doing it. tho ye will remain unnamed... do not doubt this was an accident. "
    "This is a cult forum, that restricts open freedom and open opinions to be posted" "I've said before, if I get a chance to meet MAGNES in person, I'd be happy to knock his lights out" Mr 6 Sock Puppet Jew Troll
    LINK > bit.ly/NnMbmG

Thanks

Michael Hasting's Last Story:

Why Democrats Love To Spy On Americans

13. The Following User Says Thank You to JohnQPublic For This Useful Post:

Down1 (9th March 2017)