Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HAARP Facility Shuts Down ?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,437 Times in 2,790 Posts

HAARP Facility Shuts Down ?

HAARP Facility Shuts Down

07/15/2013 The High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP) — a subject of fascination for many hams and the target of conspiracy theorists and anti-government activists — has closed down. HAARP’s program manager, Dr James Keeney at Kirtland Air Force Base in New Mexico, told ARRL that the sprawling 35-acre ionospheric research facility in remote Gakona, Alaska, has been shuttered since early May.
    “Currently the site is abandoned,” he said. “It comes down to money. We don’t have any.” Keeney said no one is on site, access roads are blocked, buildings are chained and the power turned off. HAARP’s website through the University of Alaska no longer is available; Keeney said the program can’t afford to pay for the service. “Everything is in secure mode,” he said, adding that it will stay that way at least for another 4 to 6 weeks. In the meantime a new prime contractor will be coming on board to run the government owned-contractor operated (GOCO) facility.
    HAARP put the world on notice two years ago that it would be shutting down and did not submit a budget request for FY 15, Keeney said, “but no one paid any attention.” Now, he says, they’re complaining. “People came unglued,” Keeney said, noting that he’s already had inquiries from Congress. Universities that depended upon HAARP research grants also are upset, he said.
    The only bright spot on HAARP’s horizon right now is that the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) is expected on site as a client to finish up some research this fall and winter. DARPA has nearly $8.8 million in its FY 14 budget plan to research “physical aspects of natural phenomena such as magnetospheric sub-storms, fire, lightning and geo-physical phenomena.”
    The proximate cause of HAARP’s early May shutdown was less fiscal than environmental, Keeney said. As he explained it, the diesel generators on site no longer pass Clean Air Act muster. Repairing them to meet EPA standards will run $800,000. Beyond that, he said, it costs $300,000 a month just to keep the facility open and $500,000 to run it at full capacity for 10 days.
    Jointly funded by the US Air Force Research Laboratory and the US Naval Research Laboratory, HAARP is an ionospheric research facility. Its best-known apparatus is its 3.6 MW HF (approximately 3 to 10 MHz) ionospheric research instrument (IRI), feeding an extensive system of 180 gain antennas and used to “excite” sections of the ionosphere. Other onsite equipment is used to evaluate the effects.
    Larry Ledlow, N1TX, of Fairbanks, Alaska, said HAARP ionosonde and riometer data have been “invaluable, especially being more or less local, to understand current conditions in the high latitudes.” He said data from other sites “simply do not accurately reflect the unique propagation we endure here.”
    To fill the gap, Ledlow said, several members of the Arctic Amateur Radio Club — including Eric Nichols, KL7AJ, author of Radio Science for the Radio Amateur and articles in QST — have discussed building their own instruments. “It’s all very preliminary,” he said, “but we really feel the pinch losing HAARP.” Nichols, of North Pole, Alaska, has conducted experiments at HAARP. He called the shutdown “a great loss to interior Alaska hams and many others.”
    The ultra-high power facility long has intrigued hams, even outside of Alaska. In 1997, HAARP transmitted test signals on HF (3.4 MHz and 6.99 MHz) and solicited reports from hams and short-wave listeners in the “Lower 48” to determine how well the HAARP transmissions could be heard to the south. In 2007 HAARP succeeded in bouncing a 40 meter signal off the moon. Earlier this year, HAARP scientists successfully produced a sustained high-density plasma cloud in Earth’s upper atmosphere.
    As things stand, the Air Force has possession for now, but if no other agency steps forward to take over HAARP, the unique facility will be dismantled, Keeney said. He pointed out that it would cost less to bulldoze the antenna field than it would to replace the 180 antennas.
    Splashy web postings abound, blaming HAARP for controlling the weather — most recently in the case of Hurricane Sandy and the spate of tornados — and for causing other natural disasters. Quipped Keeney, “If I actually could affect the weather, I’d keep it open.”

http://www.arrl.org/news/view/haarp-facility-shuts-down

The Cabal...........“Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall. Humpty Dumpty had a great fall. All the King’s horses and all the King’s men couldn’t put Humpty back together again”.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Serpo For This Useful Post:

gunDriller (16th July 2013)

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,181 Times in 2,248 Posts

Re: HAARP Facility Shuts Down ?

Didn't the Govt debt stop increasing about 56 days ago? that would put the HAARP shutdown within the frame IMO.

I seriously think that the US Govt has officially collapsed and is no more. Running on a cash basis etc, as I commented in the debt thread.
    Great minds discuss Ideas, Average minds discuss Events, Small minds discuss People. E.R.

Anytime I'm in doubt I go outside and give it a little shake.
    Liberty Tree.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,724 Times in 1,852 Posts

We got enough money to send Obama to Africa for a hundred million. I thought it might be a Teddy Roosevelt affair ... you know .. where he sent the fleet halfway around the world where they ran out of money and congress had to vote more to bring it back.
    Make me one with everything.
    -- Zen Master to the hot dog vendor

5. The Following User Says Thank You to palani For This Useful Post:

Glass (16th July 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,636 Times in 3,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Glass View Post
    Didn't the Govt debt stop increasing about 56 days ago? that would put the HAARP shutdown within the frame IMO.

I seriously think that the US Govt has officially collapsed and is no more. Running on a cash basis etc, as I commented in the debt thread.
    They are pulling dough from the .gov workers pension funds and contributions. That will take a few more months. It's the same thing that occurred the last time around.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

7. The Following User Says Thank You to osoab For This Useful Post:

Glass (16th July 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,450 Times in 4,272 Posts

Once they stop spraying that will tell the tale. Nevermind, the spray is from the 2.3 trillion missing from the pentagon that had a plane fly into it.
    Jackie did it and you know it!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cebu_4_2 For This Useful Post:

Glass (16th July 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,367 Times in 1,125 Posts

All the government retirees will eventually get a letter (instead of an annuity check) telling them that there is no money left in the fund (that they contributed to), and they will be on their own henceforth.

There will, eventually be no such thing as a 'retired person'.

BTW, this is what HAARP does:

Attachment 5106

It makes a bulge in the ionosphere by heating it.

Hatha
    Cosmic justice is getting what you deserve.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hatha Sunahara For This Useful Post:

Glass (16th July 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,833 Times in 999 Posts

I recall having watched a video several years ago about the HAARP facility in Alaska in which the supposed head of the facility said it had been shut down and the only people remaining were a security guard and a technician or two to keep rats from eating the electronics. Lol...

Then, in the mean time, many HAARP facilities were reported to spring up all around the globe.
    "Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they found it."

Great Value Carrots StreetsOfGold's Avatar
    Thanks

It would not surprise me that the technology used there is now too outdated and instead of upgrading it, it is cheaper to just make another facility if they haven't already done so already as implied by the post above.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to StreetsOfGold For This Useful Post:

ximmy (17th July 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,367 Times in 1,125 Posts

You may be right Streets of Au. Looks like the Chinese have their own state of the art HAARP:

http://www.viewzone.com/cgrid/cgrid.html

If my memory serves me correctly, there are HAARPs or their equivalent in Alaska, Norway, Russia, China, and Australia. Alaska's is at Poker Flats. China's is close to the Mongolian border. If they heat up the ionosphere at night, people in a wide area can see something like the picture I posted above. Because it is secret, and not publicly discussed, I can only conclude that this technology is being weaponized. What the world really needs in this area is a knowledgeable whistleblower.

Hatha
    Cosmic justice is getting what you deserve.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,437 Times in 2,790 Posts

there are more harps down here than in heaven.......................

The Cabal...........“Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall. Humpty Dumpty had a great fall. All the King’s horses and all the King’s men couldn’t put Humpty back together again”.