Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fricken scum bag scammers

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Thanked 2,782 Times in 1,378 Posts

Fricken scum bag scammers

My mother, who people might not know is 84, and is slowly loosing her memory or getting dimension, calls me up yesterday saying that some bitch claiming to be from Medicare talked my mother into giving this filthy whore her checking account number.

I got it squared away with the bank, closed the account blah blah blah, but those of you with older parents you have to tell them to NEVER EVER give their info over the phone. I told my mother the next time someone calls to have them call me so I can straighten their asses out.

Just a warning.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to General of Darkness For This Useful Post:

Celtic Rogue (31st August 2013),chad (31st August 2013),collector (31st August 2013),gunDriller (30th August 2013),Hatha Sunahara (30th August 2013),Hitch (30th August 2013),Libertytree (31st August 2013),madfranks (31st August 2013),Twisted Titan (30th August 2013),zap (30th August 2013)

Silver
    Thanks

Re: Fricken scum bag scammers

It's lucky you were able to get to the bank that fast. Scammers love the elderly.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,535 Times in 714 Posts

Thank God she has you , General.
    The harder I work, the Luckier I get!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to zap For This Useful Post:

General of Darkness (30th August 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,782 Times in 1,378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zap View Post
    Thank God she has you , General.
    You are too kind. I wish I could be there more for her.

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,691 Times in 2,328 Posts

Taking advantage of the elderly like that ought to be a hanging offense, imo.

Glad you were there for your Mom, GoD.
    life is good.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hitch For This Useful Post:

General of Darkness (30th August 2013),govcheetos (31st August 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,083 Times in 2,713 Posts

Right up their with effers that prey upon the young or feeble.
    Honor The Most High, Keep His Commandments and all will go well with you.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Twisted Titan For This Useful Post:

General of Darkness (30th August 2013),govcheetos (31st August 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,457 Times in 4,275 Posts

Should be some general account numbers that trigger the FBI in these cases, I use intelligence against the not so fortunate.
    Jackie did it and you know it!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,663 Times in 3,220 Posts

Hey GoD, just a suggestion.

Set up a different bank account with the majority of your mom's wealth. Let her keep her original account with some cash in it and transfer as needed.

If her memory is failing that bad, you may want to get power of attorney so you can keep her finances under guard.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Thanks
    Thanked 2,105 Times in 1,033 Posts

people that do this sort of stuff fall in to my child molester/rapist category. out behind back of barn, .22LR to back of head.

Thanks

My aunt was scammed out of thousands. Somebody called her from Spain, saying there's been a terrible accident and her nephew needs money sent. Like an idiot, my aunt answered, "Oh my God! Is it Half Sense? I didn't even know he was in Spain!" The scammer answered, "Of course it is my friend Half Sense. Who else could it possibly be? He is being taken to the hospital now and he gave me your number. He said you could send money quickly."

My aunt was suspicious about wiring money to the "American Consulate", so she tried to reach me by calling my home phone. I wasn't home, so she figured I really was in Spain (huh?) and she wired the money to the number "my friend" gave her. She was too embarrassed to tell me how much she sent. Of course the scammer knew nothing about our family that she didn't tell him. It was purely a cold call to Florida, where lots of retirees live with more money than brains.

She also got gutted by "that polite young black boy" who had been helping her around the house...and helping himself to cash and credit cards.

Gee, somebody should be looking out for her, right? There is somebody. Her son the banker lives 2 blocks away and takes care of that stuff for her.