Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I have solid proof Wikipedia is being used as a propaganda tool

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,855 Times in 7,912 Posts

I have solid proof Wikipedia is being used as a propaganda tool

Which should come as no surprise to critical thinkers who are awake and aware. I'm convinced that there are some paid personnel who do nothing but cruise wikipedia looking for ways to 'tweak' their statist presentation. Here's my own personal experience: there is a well known personality who opposes gun control. Many people look to this fellow and admire him for his 'political' perspective. Well, I noticed about a year ago that his wikipedia page mentioned that he was in favor of gun control (very well known that this fellow OPPOSES gun control, no question about it for those who keep track of this individual) so I edited to include that he opposes gun control. Since then I've gone back and had to edit it several times because someone had edited that out (they didn't attempt to edit it to say that he favored gun control).
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

Hitch (16th September 2013),madfranks (16th September 2013),mamboni (16th September 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,415 Posts

Re: I have solid proof Wikipedia is being used as a propaganda tool

zombies

Thanks
    Thanked 6,223 Times in 2,640 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by midnight rambler View Post
    Which should come as no surprise to critical thinkers who are awake and aware. I'm convinced that there are some paid personnel who do nothing but cruise wikipedia looking for ways to 'tweak' their statist presentation. Here's my own personal experience: there is a well known personality who opposes gun control. Many people look to this fellow and admire him for his 'political' perspective. Well, I noticed about a year ago that his wikipedia page mentioned that he was in favor of gun control (very well known that this fellow OPPOSES gun control, no question about it for those who keep track of this individual) so I edited to include that he opposes gun control. Since then I've gone back and had to edit it several times because someone had edited that out (they didn't attempt to edit it to say that he favored gun control).
    Thank you for posting this - it's very important. This proves that there is an agenda behind Wikipedia. Now, what is that smell.......bagels?
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,691 Times in 2,328 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mamboni View Post
    Thank you for posting this - it's very important. This proves that there is an agenda behind Wikipedia.
    Yes, thank you midnight. For sharing this info, and for actually going out and proving that there is an agenda. I'll never look at Wikipedia the same way now.
    life is good.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,816 Times in 4,307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mamboni View Post
    Thank you for posting this - it's very important. This proves that there is an agenda behind Wikipedia. Now, what is that smell.......bagels?
    wikipedia is partially open source. It allows anyone to edit it. I like the idea of it, but it allows a certain select few to try and propagandize the content.
    "Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788
    "The greatest threat to the state is when the people figure out they can exist without them." - Twisted Titan
    "Some Libertarians are born, the government makes the rest."
    "Voting is nothing more than a slaves suggestion box, voting on a new master every few years does not make you free."

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,691 Times in 2,328 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    wikipedia is partially open source. It allows anyone to edit it. I like the idea it, but it allows a certain select few to try and propagandize the content.
    Good point. As they say, all it takes is one asshole to ruin a good thing for everyone. Wonder who that prick is.....
    life is good.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    Good point. As they say, all it takes is one asshole to ruin a good thing for everyone. Wonder who that prick is.....
    Even I have made edits to it. Usually when I do, I add a source for my edit so that the content I change is supported with evidence.
    "Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788
    "The greatest threat to the state is when the people figure out they can exist without them." - Twisted Titan
    "Voting is nothing more than a slaves suggestion box, voting on a new master every few years does not make you free."

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,790 Times in 2,128 Posts

anything joo owned is used for propaganda... wickedjudia, joogle, joovision, etc.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ximmy For This Useful Post:

MAGNES (16th September 2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ximmy View Post
    anything joo owned is used for propaganda... wickedjudia, joogle, joovision, etc.
    Wikipedia was started by Jimmy Wales, a supporter and follower of Ayn Rand and a self described Libertarian. I don't remember ever reading or seeing him being Jewish. You have any sources for that?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,223 Times in 2,640 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    wikipedia is partially open source. It allows anyone to edit it. I like the idea of it, but it allows a certain select few to try and propagandize the content.
    This is the double-edged sword - open access allows for wide input but also invites sophistry. Enough people with an agenda can alter the content at Wiki to serve a goal rather than the unvarnished truth. Use Wiki at your own risk because contributors are not credentialed and not accountable.
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mamboni For This Useful Post:

Ares (16th September 2013)