Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stalling growth of international reserves - Next Stop Total Financial Collapse

Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,415 Posts

Re: Stalling growth of international reserves - Next Stop Total Financial Collapse

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    A harsh consequence is inevitable. The dubious part is the timing. If governments begin to "take management" of retirement accounts, they could stall this for a generation and prolong the exponential increase shown in this chart.

Below is the same chart, cut off at 2010. It looked ominous at that point. And yet three years later, the game continues. Though the timing remains uncertain, the important thing is to be aware that the path is unsustainable.

Same unsustainable trajectory, 3 years ago. Notice at first glance it looks exactly the same:

Attachment 5377
    I agree with you, there will be a methodical winding down in all areas until there is absolutely nothing left, then the collapse will happen. Retirement accounts are just sitting there. They have to be consumed first.

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,691 Times in 2,328 Posts

Re: Stalling growth of international reserves - Next Stop Total Financial Collapse

Quote Originally Posted by vacuum View Post
    Retirement accounts are just sitting there. They have to be consumed first.
    This bothers me. I've worked hard and have a measly pension in the system that I know I'll never see. Still, getting the statements in the mail saying what I've got, I just shake my head now.

I just try and pick up a little gold and silver, that will be my retirement, if I ever get to retire that is..
    life is good.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,124 Times in 607 Posts

Unlike a 401K or 403B or IRA, a pension is just a promise to pay you money some day, so there's no individual account to raid. I suppose the government could offer to "manage" your employer's (or former employer's) pension plan, and take over the entire pool of investments. They would probably do this by offering employer incentives to allow a takeover.

The retirement money grab will happen gradually, as they continue to run out of paper to feed the system. First it will be voluntary conversion of accounts into annuities (a la social security). Then it will voluntary for existing balances, but mandatory for all new investments. They will also make purchase of U.S. Treasuries the "default" investment for new employees, unless they actively choose otherwise.

The only thing to stop the paper fraud from continuing for another generation would be the masses recognizing that it's just another ponzi scheme, and putting up some resistance. That's why they will do this slowly and methodically, a little at a time. Hopefully more and more people will awaken to the fraud and not allow it.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sparky For This Useful Post:

Hitch (21st September 2013),madfranks (20th September 2013),mick silver (21st September 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

Sparky, you are one of the smartest ones here, I'm glad to be able to read your posts.
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

6. The Following User Says Thank You to madfranks For This Useful Post:

Sparky (21st September 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,868 Times in 2,349 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madfranks View Post
    Sparky, you are one of the smartest ones here, I'm glad to be able to read your posts.
    Oh voy, the mush eek

Thanks
    Thanked 1,124 Times in 607 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Horn View Post
    Oh voy, the mush eek
    Very touching, Horn. Feelin' the GSUS love.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,437 Times in 2,790 Posts

This is their way of taking America down.

Why no cut back on spending , why no plan to fix anything.........no its peddle to the metal all the way

The Cabal...........“Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall. Humpty Dumpty had a great fall. All the King’s horses and all the King’s men couldn’t put Humpty back together again”.