Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey Tumbleweed

Thanks
    Thanked 4,339 Times in 1,988 Posts

Re: Hey Tumbleweed

This is link to more of the photos that were with a group posted earlier in this thread. I live in the area where some of these photos were taken.

I don't like the comments in the news stories about the ranchers being hampered by the government shut down. I think most ranchers are damn glad the government is shut down so they aren't causing us so much trouble.

http://bigballsincowtown.com/storm2013.htm

http://bigballsincowtown.com/storm2013.htm
    We are all travelers through this world
    Birth till Death
    We travel between the Eternities. Robert Duval as Print Ritter "The Broken Trail"

I believe the DSCI christians know and speak the truth
    https://christogenea.org

The old coyote senses danger and sinks into the grass.
    He cannot be seen but he watches and waits. Author unknown

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tumbleweed For This Useful Post:

mick silver (13th October 2013),osoab (10th October 2013)

Iridium
    Thanks

Am so sorry to hear of your losses & heartbreak TW. You are a brave man, & my prayers are w/ you and your ranching.
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint - Isaiah 40:31

Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. ~
    Matthew 7:7

geoengineeringwatch.org

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MNeagle For This Useful Post:

madfranks (10th October 2013),Tumbleweed (10th October 2013)

Thanks

I think I may know the people who lost the cattle in the worst photos above. I haven't called them yet. It's devistating to lose a lot of cattle and have to face the possibility of losing a way of life that people have grown to love.

This is a video that seems pretty fair to me about the storm and losses. I know one of the fellows who is in the interview and we live in the same county.

Birth till Death
    We travel between the Eternities. Robert Duval as Print Ritter "The Broken Trail"

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tumbleweed For This Useful Post:

Dachsie (3rd March 2017),midnight rambler (12th October 2013),Neuro (11th October 2013),osoab (11th October 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,798 Times in 5,003 Posts

Very bad, what a horrendous death and suffering for the cattle, apart for the losses for the ranchers. I hope your losses are minimal Tumbelweed!

Manmade global warming responsible?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,662 Times in 3,220 Posts

Hey Tumbleweed, what is the plan for the carcasses? How much snow you got left on the ground?
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Great Value Carrots willie pete's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by osoab View Post
    Hey Tumbleweed, what is the plan for the carcasses?
    Probably pile 'em up, throw diesel on 'em and torch'em
    If you don't think to good, don't think too much

Thanks
    Thanked 4,662 Times in 3,220 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by willie pete View Post
    I wouldn't want to live East of that.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Thanks
    Thanked 7,798 Times in 5,003 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by willie pete View Post
    Maybe grill'em on railroad rails?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by osoab View Post
    Hey Tumbleweed, what is the plan for the carcasses? How much snow you got left on the ground?
    I've been kept busy looking for, gathering, sorting and moving cattle home. I have a better count on my cattle now and I have three dead and 22 head that I can't find. I'm thinking they are dead and still under the snow drifts. Because of the temperatures in the 50's and 60's we are rid of most of the snow but there are still deep drifts in the low areas and on the hill sides facing away from the wind.

There are rendering trucks in the area that are picking up cattle and hauling them away. I don't know if they are charging ranchers to haul them away or not. I think there are rules because of agenda 21 that you have to burn or bury carcasses within twenty four hours or suffer a fine. This is what the state vet is promoting but I think he's a brain washed young guy that's unknowingly helping to bring in the NWO. Nature has always taken care of the dead in a pretty efficient way in the past. The state vet says it's to stop the spread of disease but these cattle didn't die from disease. In this area when something dies the predators and scavengers tend to eat them pretty quickly. In warmer weather the worms do there job too and the carcasses melt into the ground and fertilize it. Oder is no problem in the area where I live because it is so sparsley populated and all the people living here are cattle people. I may do a combination of burning and burying. I have plenty of dead trees and brush piled up and my nephew has a backhoe.

The cattle I've lost were bred angus heifers that would be calving in april and may of 2014. The fellow who owns the largest livestock auction in the state has said they would probably be selling for 1800 to $2200 later this year or next spring before they calve. It's a severe loss for me but I'll still be able to continue at least for a while longer. I feel fortunate that I only lost that many. I have a friend I trade help with that lost over a hundred head of cows and 50 calves. Their are others with larger losses that that.

The grass was green here and still growing and the leaves were still on the trees. The storm did a lot of damage to the trees breaking the tops off or stripping the branches off. I've got a big mess to clean up. I still have six head of cattle at a neighbors but they are too hard to get out of his herd yet because of the snow and terrain. When he moves them to a different pasture where they are more accessible I'll gather them and bring them home.
    Birth till Death

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tumbleweed For This Useful Post:

Dachsie (3rd March 2017),EE_ (13th October 2013),Jewboo (13th October 2013),mick silver (13th October 2013),Neuro (13th October 2013),osoab (13th October 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,868 Times in 2,349 Posts

One those videos stated that it was 36 hours to render.

Think if they were packed on ice you'd have longer, but who's gonna be the judge there?