Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: where is the virtual currency theft thread?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

Re: where is the virtual currency theft thread?

Quote Originally Posted by ximmy View Post

Bitcoin Internet Payment Services, a Denmark-based exchange billing itself as Europe's biggest, was robbed of bitcoins worth more than $1 million in a theft that took place over the course of the past several days...It’s the third major heist this month – about $1.4 million worth was stolen several weeks ago from an anonymous Australian who ran an online wallet service known as Inputs.io, and a Chinese exchange abruptly vanished two weeks ago, taking more than $4 million with it.
    I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,790 Times in 2,128 Posts

As Major Silk Road Competitor Shutters, $100M Vanishes With It

The stolen 5,400 BTC were allegedly just the tip of the iceberg. Redditors pointed to a transfer of 39,900 BTC this weekend, claiming it was an indication that the administrators were siphoning money from users' accounts on the site, as first reported by Forbes.
    Another drug marketplace bit the dust over the weekend and another massive Bitcoin heist shook the deep web.
    Sheep Marketplace, one of the two most prominent Silk Road competitors, went down on Saturday. A message briefly posted on the site on Saturday claimed that one of Sheep Marketplace's vendors exploited a security flaw and stole 5,400 BTC ($6 million at its current value).
    See also: Man Throws Away Trove of Bitcoin Worth $7.5 Million

The heist could be even larger than that, though; it may have involved up to 96,000 BTC ($100 million), which would be by far the largest Bitcoin theft in U.S. dollars, given that Bitcoin's value is currently at an all-time high. It's the third major Bitcoin robbery in the last month; cybercriminals also stole 4,100 BTC from inputs.io and 1,295 BTC from BIPS, both online Bitcoin payment providers.
    On Saturday, Reddit user posted a message from the site's administrators, which has since been removed. The message claimed vendor EBOOK101 hacked the site and stole 5,400 Bitcoin:
    Sheep is down
    We are sorry to say, but we were robbed on Saturday 11/21/2013 by vendor EBOOK101. This vendor found bug in system and stole 5400 BTC - your money, our provisions, all was stolen. We were trying to resolve this problem, but we were not successful. We are sorry for your problems and inconvenience, all of current BTC will be ditributed to users, who have filled correct BTC emergency adress [sic].
    I would like to thank to all SheepMarketplace moderators by this, who were helping with this problem. I am very sorry for this situation. Thank you all.
    Details of the incident are still unclear. Angry former users of the drug bazaar are pointing fingers in all directions, mainly on Reddit, and mounting a cyber-manhunt operation to track down the robbers. Many believe the heist was a scam, and the No. 1 suspect among Redditors is the Sheep Marketplace administrator, a Czech citizen named Tomáš Jiřikovský. Rumors of suspicious behavior from Sheep Marketplace's administrators began in late November, as documented on the website SheepMarketScam.com.

http://mashable.com/2013/12/03/sheep...llion-bitcoin/

Thanks
    Thanked 1,833 Times in 999 Posts

A message briefly posted on the site on Saturday claimed that one of Sheep Marketplace's vendors exploited a security flaw and stole 5,400 BTC ($6 million at its current value).
    Sheep Sheep Marketplace? LOL... At least it can claim honest advertizing. Buying illegal drugs online from a Market called Sheep Sheep is like buying a retirement condo from a Co. called Soylent Green Villages.
    "Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they found it."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Santa For This Useful Post:

mick silver (4th December 2013)

Rubberchicken

The Bitcult tards are gonna face the music one day, Sorry! Through theft, monitoring (and prosecution) or complete shutdown the future isn't anything like they think it's going to be. Do think the biggest crime syndicate is going to let some Geeks move in on their territory that easy? If so, you are fantasizing. If it's too good to be true it probably is. You might as well spend your frn's on unicorn farts.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,010 Times in 2,836 Posts

dont say nothing bad about Sheep Sheep Marketplace thats were my mickcoins are going on sale at
    “Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you’re not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean, mad-dog mean. ‘Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That’s just the way it is.” ~ Outlaw Josey Wales…

STOP F*CKING WITH US.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,956 Times in 4,576 Posts

Nice going for guy/guys at sheep. Scam is part of this business.
    If they can get away with 100 million, they did real good. No one to call to report the theft to and no recource.
    The owner of the site owes no one anything. He's probably blowing rasberries at the losers right now.
    You can't hardly trust a real business with a reputation and an address...why should you trust a perfect stranger in this wild west money grab?
    DON'T TAKE THE VACCINE!

THE SHIT HAS HIT THE FAN!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to EE_ For This Useful Post:

mick silver (4th December 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,868 Times in 2,349 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EE_ View Post
    Nice going for guy/guys at sheep. Scam is part of this business.
    If they can get away with 100 million, they did real good. No one to call to report the theft to and no recource.
    The owner of the site owes no one anything. He's probably blowing rasberries at the losers right now.
    You can't hardly trust a real business with a reputation and an address...why should you trust a perfect stranger in this wild west money grab?
    Makes me wonder if they aren't just another arm of the cia gaining hit and run cash.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,010 Times in 2,836 Posts

dont tell the ones buying coins ............... shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i need my paper from my sales , so i can buy more silver then when they lose there asses i never mind ,,,,,,,,,,,,, told you so
    “Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you’re not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean, mad-dog mean. ‘Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That’s just the way it is.” ~ Outlaw Josey Wales…

STOP F*CKING WITH US.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,335 Times in 5,109 Posts

Whitney Webb airs her personal life problems with a former co-worker/boyfriend and the disappearance of $16,000.00 in crypto in what seems to have been an ongoing fiasco in their social networworking circles
    3 hours
    https://odysee.com/@TLAVagabond:5/Wh...ord-Straight:3
    The only thing declared necessary in the Constitution & Bill of Rights is the #2A Militia of the several States.
    “A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a freeState”
    https://ConstitutionalMilitia.org