Thread: Right now the Litecoin price is at par with Silver Spot price...

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

Right now the Litecoin price is at par with Silver Spot price...

Depends on where you are looking.

Spot silver - $19.84

Litecoin (BTC-e) - $18.83
    Litecoin (OKCoin) - $21.16

Average: $19.99

Tomorrow morning one litecoin may be worth more than one ounce of silver.
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

Thanks
    Thanked 8,816 Times in 4,307 Posts

Re: Right now the Litecoin price is at par with Silver Spot price...

Quote Originally Posted by madfranks View Post
    Depends on where you are looking.

Spot silver - $19.84

Litecoin (BTC-e) - $18.83
    Litecoin (OKCoin) - $21.16

Average: $19.99

Tomorrow morning one litecoin may be worth more than one ounce of silver.
    Right you are. $26.87 at BTC-e as of this current post.
    "Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788
    "The greatest threat to the state is when the people figure out they can exist without them." - Twisted Titan
    "Some Libertarians are born, the government makes the rest."
    "Voting is nothing more than a slaves suggestion box, voting on a new master every few years does not make you free."

Rebel Without a Clue sirgonzo420's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,312 Times in 665 Posts

lol

what a world we live in.

I traded half or so of my litecoins for bitcoins back when the rate was 0.04 btc per ltc, but the price is rising towards it's previous highpoint against btc... Litecoin's $$$ value comes from Bitcoin's rise against the dollar, because Litecoin is primarily traded with Bitcoin.

VERITAS LVX MEA ET VINCIT OMNIA VERITAS.
    All Rights Reserved. - No liability assumed. - No value assured. - Without recourse. - Not amenable to process. - Not to be construed as legal advice. - From without the UNITED STATES.
    Send me encrypted msg/mail with PGP! ---> http://tiny.cc/dpr6ew

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

For the past couple weeks it looks like the litecoin price has roughly stabilized around $30.
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

Thanks
    Thanked 8,335 Times in 5,109 Posts

Several years ago I set up a Litecoin miner in a Dell laptop I had. Eventually it had mined about 1.27 Litecoin. When I retired it I transferred all my home directory into the new laptop including the .litecoin directory. That was about six years ago. Every time I log into my home account the litecoin-qt program starts and updated the blockchain.

A couple of weeks ago I decided to check my disk space. To my surprise my home directory was almost full. I discovered the litecoin data sub-directory had almost 50 GB of data. I thought about deleting the litecoin sub-directory and all the files. Then I decided to transfer the data files onto a usb hard drive. The next time the program ran it said it had nine years to catch up. I had forgotten to update the litecoin data directory in the litecoin.conf file so it was working in an empty data directory. I updated the .conf file but it gave me some errors and crashed. After several days I looked at the log file and saw it was running in the background rechecking for errors in the files I had moved from the laptop to the usb hard drive. Yesterday the program started and was updated. It has all my transaction history accurately displayed.

I had never given it any thought and didn't realize the program kept a record of the block chain from the beginning.
    The only thing declared necessary in the Constitution & Bill of Rights is the #2A Militia of the several States.
    “A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a freeState”
    https://ConstitutionalMilitia.org