Thread: Most amazin quinoa recipe

Thanks
    Thanked 2,266 Times in 1,345 Posts

Most amazin quinoa recipe

I tried this earlier this year just out of curiosity about quinoa. It is simply delicious. I have made it a few times since. The lime+olive oil and cumin along with the cherry tomatoes and black beans make this an amazing dish. It tastes very fresh. Chill it and let the flavors blend. Use a good quality cherry tomato. From your garden is the best, but I use Nature Sweet brand Cherubs, and they are really good (right now they are a little small, but still very tasty. I just made this batch (double batch).

Attachment 5754

Attachment 5755

RECIPE

I tend to increase the lime juice a little and decrease the cumin (for 12 servings I use 1 Tbsp instead of 1 Tbsp+1 tsp). I then add extra olive oil as I mix the salad.

Ingredients:
    1 cup quinoa
    2 cups water
    1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
    2 limes, juiced
    2 teaspoons ground cumin
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more
    to taste
    1 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
    1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
    and rinsed
    5 green onions, finely chopped
    1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
    salt and ground black pepper to taste
    Directions:
    1. Bring quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and water has been absorbed, 10 to 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
    2. Whisk olive oil, lime juice, cumin, 1 teaspoon salt, and red pepper flakes together in a bowl.
    3. Combine quinoa, tomatoes, black beans, and green onions together in a bowl. Pour dressing over quinoa mixture; toss to coat. Stir in cilantro; season with salt and black pepper. Serve immediately or chill in refrigerator.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JohnQPublic For This Useful Post:

BrewTech (30th November 2013),woodman (30th November 2013)

Zinc
    Thanks

Re: Most amazin quinoa recipe

My son loves quinoa at a restaurant that we frequent. I know he’d love this. Thanks for the recipe!