Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Profit taking?

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

Profit taking?

I've done alright this year with virtual currencies, so I took some small profit taking a couple weeks ago, to satisfy some numismatic cravings. I bought a PCGS slabbed MS-63 1926 sesquicentennial $2.50 gold eagle, and a roll of mixed morgan/peace silver dollars. Roughly $50 in BTC/LTC purchased earlier this year turned into this:

http://www.images-apmex.com/handlers...300&height=300

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...aL._SX300_.jpg
    Last edited by madfranks; 18th December 2013 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Fix broken image link
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to madfranks For This Useful Post:

Ares (9th December 2013),Camp Bassfish (1st December 2017),JohnQPublic (8th December 2013)

Thanks

Re: Profit taking?

Very nice madfranks! That is how you do it.
    You think that the machine is so powerful that you can't fight, when the reality is that you're the battery that powers the machine.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,450 Times in 4,272 Posts

I still have a couple hundred Morgans left, the price is way too soft to be popping them on ebay.
    Jackie did it and you know it!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,868 Times in 2,349 Posts

http://freedomshammer.files.wordpres...ing-better.jpg

Even Jesus himself would not be able to find your Bitcoins, they are so anonymous.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,266 Times in 1,345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Son-of-Liberty View Post
    Very nice madfranks! That is how you do it.
    That's the way you do it- money for nothin' and chicks for free.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 4,537 Posts

Personally I want to get a larger percentage of my wealth in cryptocurrencies. I like trading with alt-cryptos and take "profits" in Bitcoins. If I made $100,000 or something, sure I'd take some cash and buy a truck or some land. But until that, I'd rather keep it in the market.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shami-Amourae View Post
    Personally I want to get a larger percentage of my wealth in cryptocurrencies. I like trading with alt-cryptos and take "profits" in Bitcoins. If I made $100,000 or something, sure I'd take some cash and buy a truck or some land. But until that, I'd rather keep it in the market.
    I like trading crypto's too. Where else can you trade something and not get totally screwed with fee's. Most of the crypto exchanges charge 0.2% or 0.002 of the trade and it doesn't matter if it is a $10000, trade or $10 trade. With stocks and options and such the fees alone make it unprofitable to trade unless you are fairly wealthy.
    You think that the machine is so powerful that you can't fight, when the reality is that you're the battery that powers the machine.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

Wow, for once my timing was right. A bit of profit taking at high points is not a bad thing.
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madfranks View Post
    Wow, for once my timing was right. A bit of profit taking at high points is not a bad thing.
    No one has died from taking a profit once in a while. Aiming to get the absolute peak in an overheated market is exceedingly difficult. I think Ponce managed to do that in 1980, when he sold silver at $47 or so. Well done MF! And Ponce of course!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 4,537 Posts

I honestly just want a to have a percentage of my wealth now in cryptos. Maybe 10%.

I heard a recent interview with Adam Kokesh. If you don't recall he went to jail. The police stole all the money out of his bank accounts, all his cash, and his entire Silver horde. The only thing they couldn't get to was his Bitcoins/Litecoins. That's a piece of mind I'd like to have.