Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Upgrading the brewery!

Brew Guru
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,699 Times in 1,538 Posts

Re: Upgrading the brewery!

Quote Originally Posted by Libertytree View Post
    It was more to do with the $ I had and what the better deal was overall. I'm learning that there are recipes that I can use that are purely based on ratios of wort vs water, this brewpot gives me the capability to do that. I'll never need anything bigger unless I follow BT's steps and go pro but that ain't gonna happen.
    It never even occurred to me that I might actually make beer at home until about 5 years ago. I've been pro for about a year and a half.

Trust me, I had NO idea what was going to happen, and and on what timeline when I started. I'm still trying to get my head around the fact that making beer is my job. And in this town? I'm going to guess that 1/3 of the breweries in this county (82?) didn't even exist when I did my first batch on the stove. Hell, it could be more than that.

And, with your system upgrades, you could potentially make better beer than I ever did at home. Trust me, I never won any awards for my homebrew.

Never say never, bro!
    By way of decoction, thou shalt do wort.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,209 Times in 1,161 Posts

Dude, that's amazing! Going from where you were as a homebrewer to making a living at it in 3.5 years, it blows my mind. Plus, you get to do what you love and when that happens it's not like work at all.

I don't have any aspirations to be a pro but the goal is to produce professional results as cheaply and easily as possible. All of the upgrades are designed to save time, money and effort with as little front end $ investment necessary. Plus, I love learning and soaking in the knowledge about brewing, it is truly a part time job in a sense I reckon and it keeps me off the grid to boot.

I could maybe see a time when I put one of my batches into a competition but that's a ways off and to tell ya the truth I don't know if I'd even want to put up with all the beer snobs. I spent 15 years involved in the wine biz and dealing with all the snobs is what eventually drove me out of it, even though I really liked it overall.

Brewing beer is a lot funner, saving all the dollars is sweet and the buzz is a better buzz
    "Truth is treason in the empire of lies"...Ron Paul
    "A government is a bunch of people, usually, notably ungoverned"...
    Shepherd Book, Firefly

Thanks

Santa made an early visit just now, ok it was UPS but I got the 60qt SS stockpot sitting here and boy oh boy does it look massively sweet and nothing short of awesome. As BT might say, it's enough to make me sparge in my grundies The burner and this pot compliment each other perfectly, I'm one tickled redneck!
    Shepherd Book, Firefly

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,181 Times in 2,248 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Libertytree View Post
    . As BT might say, it's enough to make me sparge in my grundies
    oh wow. hehehe. I can tell your excited. Possibly more excited than Big Kev. He used to get excited. Big Kev was a tv shopping promoter. He was a big guy and he used to shake all over calling out "i'm Excited!". a BLG. big likeable guy.

So whats first or foist for the pot?
    Great minds discuss Ideas, Average minds discuss Events, Small minds discuss People. E.R.

Anytime I'm in doubt I go outside and give it a little shake.
    Liberty Tree.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Glass View Post
    oh wow. hehehe. I can tell your excited. Possibly more excited than Big Kev. He used to get excited. Big Kev was a tv shopping promoter. He was a big guy and he used to shake all over calling out "i'm Excited!". a BLG. big likeable guy.

So whats first or foist for the pot?
    I'm planning on a 7gal boil with 18lbs of LME.... another thread.

You're right though dude, I'm excited as hell, that piece of metal is pretty.
    Shepherd Book, Firefly

Thanks

Shepherd Book, Firefly