Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Bitcoin Was Created By DARPA

Thanks
    Thanked 2,868 Times in 2,349 Posts

Re: Bitcoin Was Created By DARPA

Quote Originally Posted by madfranks View Post
    Ares - horn is just trolling you, for laughs.
    What is so difficult for you numbskulls to understand about the statement "value unto itself = intrinsic value"?

So that there's an impossibility of it ever reaching the value of 0, Money by definition should not reach the value 0. Paper still having the ability to wipe your ass with, or fuel to light a fire.

A superseded value or otherwise speculated value has no bearing whatsoever in that denominator that is a common to anything called money. Bitcoin and E-coins are not money due to this fact. A currency or derivative possibly, but not money.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,010 Times in 2,836 Posts

mad this is what get me ok .... if someone is willing to pay $700 for one digital bitcoin, that is its value to that person, no matter what anyone else says. ... you said this bitcoins are digital so what make them any better then the paper i carry around an buy with , the people i give it to dont know me from jack shit in the woods , so why would i want them there both the same ... all i get from ares is a nasty mouth why there better
    “Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you’re not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean, mad-dog mean. ‘Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That’s just the way it is.” ~ Outlaw Josey Wales…

STOP F*CKING WITH US.

Thanks

I have to agree with Ares and Madfranks on this.

The "intrinsic value" of precious metals is highly overstated.

PM's are useful in electronics, catalytic converters, some medical uses, but 90% of their value is based on perception.

What do gold and silver coins or bullion actually do for you? Nothing really. They sit in a safe or hiding place. They don't earn interest. They don't perform work for you.

Food, fuel, shelter, clothing, ammunition, land, vehicles. Have real intrinsic value. They can sustain you, keep you warm or cool, perform work for you.

The value of PM's is based more on the perception of value then actual value. This is why the bankers can use paper games to manipulate the price. They change the perception of the value of PM's with paper and the people selling PM's change their prices based on this perception.

It's a harsh reality, it sucks, but that is the way it is.

Money is simply what two or more people are willing to agree to accept in exchange.

The Mark Dice video is proof that not everyone is willing to take gold as a medium of exchange.

Crypto currency is an agreed upon medium for a growing number of people.
    You think that the machine is so powerful that you can't fight, when the reality is that you're the battery that powers the machine.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Son-of-Liberty For This Useful Post:

Ares (29th December 2013)

Thanks

i bought a 100 ac of land with gold so you tell me what again . payed around 300an oz for the gold , did i miss something
    “Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you’re not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean, mad-dog mean. ‘Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That’s just the way it is.” ~ Outlaw Josey Wales…

STOP F*CKING WITH US.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,434 Times in 1,844 Posts

exactly what I says here in a short sentence

http://gold-silver.us/forum/showthre...l=1#post682417

This shows the power of the Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Son-of-Liberty View Post
    I have to agree with Ares and Madfranks on this.

PM's are useful in electronics, catalytic converters, some medical uses, but 90% of their value is based on perception.

What do gold and silver coins or bullion actually do for you? Nothing really. They sit in a safe or hiding place. They don't earn interest. They don't perform work for you.

Food, fuel, shelter, clothing, ammunition, land, vehicles. Have real intrinsic value. They can sustain you, keep you warm or cool, perform work for you.

The value of PM's is based more on the perception of value then actual value. This is why the bankers can use paper games to manipulate the price. They change the perception of the value of PM's with paper and the people selling PM's change their prices based on this perception.

It's a harsh reality, it sucks, but that is the way it is.

Money is simply what two or more people are willing to agree to accept in exchange.

The Mark Dice video is proof that not everyone is willing to take gold as a medium of exchange.

Crypto currency is an agreed upon medium for a growing number of people.
    All the money that exists cannot buy Earth, and the evidence is that we destroy our habitat as a result, thinking that we can just seize and pillage as we see fit. If crowds endorse the pursuit of wealth at their own level, they cannot prevent multinationals from doing exactly the same. The “dystopian endless growth paradigm” is going to end with a bang but will open the door to a premise endorsing that Earth is the only wealth we truly have while journeying through life.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,868 Times in 2,349 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Son-of-Liberty View Post

Silver is unable to be brought out of the ground or recycled for anything less than the $17 it costs currently.

Yet its overvalued, while Bitcoin has no value but as a derivative form of money that needs no intrinsic value to operate as a savings device.

Money needs a value unto itself to be called money. E-coins are not money and cannot be saved from a value of 0
    Donald J. Trump IS our very first Black U.S. President

Thanks

To address the OP.

I have briefly looked into the DARPA angle on Bitcoin and it has some merrit but Bitcoin is not exactly wht was layed out in the DARPA paper. It is quite possible someone with knowledge of the DARPA paper created Bitcoin and improved upon those ideas. It doesn't mean that the government is behind it.

Even if they have the keys to crack Bitcoin they have unleashed a monster that will destroy them. There are so many alternatives to Bitcoin now that I know for sure are not government ops that they have to compete with. Good luck with that. Only tyrannical regulation that would show them for the tyrants they are would be enough to stop adoption by the public.
    You think that the machine is so powerful that you can't fight, when the reality is that you're the battery that powers the machine.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,816 Times in 4,307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mick silver View Post
    mad this is what get me ok .... if someone is willing to pay $700 for one digital bitcoin, that is its value to that person, no matter what anyone else says. ... you said this bitcoins are digital so what make them any better then the paper i carry around an buy with , the people i give it to dont know me from jack shit in the woods , so why would i want them there both the same ... all i get from ares is a nasty mouth why there better
    You get returned what you spit out Mick. Calling me a fucker and mother fucker isn't going to have me respond with the respect and admiration that I do have for you.

No where did I state Cryptos were better. They are a tool. I just pointed out that the gold and silver you use is subject to the same market mechanics as everything else. Its a tool that COULD be used to throw off our chains, it has that potential. Whether it happens or is realized I just state the potential, and try to show the value of said tool. I love gold and silver and hope to acquire more.
    "Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788
    "The greatest threat to the state is when the people figure out they can exist without them." - Twisted Titan
    "Some Libertarians are born, the government makes the rest."
    "Voting is nothing more than a slaves suggestion box, voting on a new master every few years does not make you free."

Thanks

big boy you are the one that started the fuck you shit go back an look dont troll me boy. again you started the nasty mouth stuff . plus i dont care what you buy are hold , thats what make whats left of the once great country good . it non on my biz what you hold . if you dont hold it what was it never mind

STOP F*CKING WITH US.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Horn View Post
    Silver is unable to be brought out of the ground or recycled for anything less than the $17 it costs currently.

Yet its overvalued, while Bitcoin has no value but as a derivative form of money that needs no intrinsic value to operate as a savings device.

Money needs a value unto itself to be called money. E-coins are not money and cannot be saved from a value of 0
    I never said that silver was overvalued I said that 90% of the value of PM's is perception. I suppose I should have been more specific and just said Gold because Silver is more of an industrial metal. Gold is generally just used as a store of value or a hedge against inflation. There is already so much above ground gold that you could stop mining it today and the stockpiles we already have would probably cover industrial use for a century.

In the case of Gold it is mainly just used for jewellery and bullion which other then looking pretty serves no function at all.

Just because something costs a certain amount to produce does not mean that it has a functional use.

I can dig up a bunch of rocks and say that it costs $20 a ton to dig up these rocks but if there is nobody buying them it doesn't matter what it costs me to produce the rocks, they have no value until someone wants them.