Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunger Games 2: Catching Fire

Thanks
    Thanked 1,124 Times in 607 Posts

Hunger Games 2: Catching Fire

There was a previous GSUS thread on the first Hunger Games movie.

I saw the sequel tonight, and I went back and read that thread. I've created this new thread because I now think the the original criticism could not have been more wrong.

LuckyStrike was spot on in Post #20 that he likened this to a modern day Brave New World, or Animal Farm, or 1984. It's everything we talk about here. I was on to this in my first review (Post #29 from the original thread), but now I'm even more impressed. The entire trilogy is about TPTB pushing oppression to the point of revolution. It's every freakin' thing thing we talk about here about the people "waking up". If you don't see that in this movie (or novel), then I accuse you of being half asleep yourself. If you are criticizing this movie (or novel) without having seen it (or read it), then you should either do your homework or shut up.

Now, some of you have said that this whole thing is about TPTB simply creating more wealth for themselves from the profits of this movie. There is some truth to that, since that may well have been the motivation of the producers (though not likely the original novelist). However, if that's the case, they are flaunting in our faces that they are profiting from a movie that exposes exactly how they are fleecing the people, and they are relying on most people not understanding the message. So I say for those of you who think this movie is just more Hollywood garbage, you're missing what's going on here. The catch phrase from the movie is "Remember who the real enemy is". This is exactly what we've been trying to enlighten others about. This will now be my response to any one of my friends who tries to take a side in partisan politics.

A tremendous essay about this on ZeroHedge if you have the patience and attention span to read 15 pages:

May The Odds Ever Be In Your Favor - Hope & Defiance

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sparky For This Useful Post:

AndreaGail (27th December 2013),Cebu_4_2 (29th December 2013),lapis (29th December 2013),madfranks (26th December 2013),MAGNES (27th December 2013)

BANNED (Permanent)
    Thanks

Re: Hunger Games 2: Catching Fire

The slaves supply the master and the master supplies the servants and what is left over is supplied to the slaves.

The bottom supplies all the power to the top wholesale and the top marks it up and sells it to the bottom retail.

The difference between the wholesale price and the retail cost is the yield the top live off of.

The absolute capitalist system is the enemy of all in it.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,456 Times in 4,275 Posts

Looks like a good copy has not been introduced in video yet. Please bump this in a month or so then I can watch it.
    Jackie did it and you know it!

Thanks

P.S. The architects of the revolution in Hunger Games are recognized by the gold emblems that they wear. Coincidence?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparky For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hypertiger View Post
    The slaves supply the master and the master supplies the servants and what is left over is supplied to the slaves.

The bottom supplies all the power to the top wholesale and the top marks it up and sells it to the bottom retail.

The difference between the wholesale price and the retail cost is the yield the top live off of.

The absolute capitalist system is the enemy of all in it.
    Yes. This is exactly what the Hunger Games trilogy is trying to explain to the masses.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparky For This Useful Post:

mick silver (27th December 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,868 Times in 2,349 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Yes. This is exactly what the Hunger Games trilogy is trying to explain to the masses.
    What I couldn't figure out is how the one guy smuggled his very own handmade super-lightweight lightning rod chord into the dome?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Horn View Post
    What I couldn't figure out is how the one guy smuggled his very own handmade super-lightweight lightning rod chord into the dome?
    When they enter the arena, there is a supply of items that match the skills that have been demonstrated during the exhibition. For instance, this is how Katniss gets her bow and arrows. Beetee had demonstrated skill with all things electrical.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,868 Times in 2,349 Posts

When they enter the arena, there is a supply of items that match the skills that have been demonstrated during the exhibition. For instance, this is how Katniss gets her bow and arrows. Beetee had demonstrated skill with all things electrical.
    It would suffice to say that only those provided the necessary tools are able to start a revolution.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

The entire trilogy is about TPTB pushing oppression to the point of revolution.

Hunger Games is based on Battle Royale.

which is about the importance of high school personal FRIENDSHIP. The cover asks "Could you kill your best friend?"
    I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jewboo View Post

Hunger Games is based on Battle Royale.

which is about the importance of high school personal FRIENDSHIP. The cover asks "Could you kill your best friend?"
    I have not seen or read Battle Royale. Reviews have noted similarities between the two books (which is different than "being based on" it). But you point out that Battle Royale is about killing your peers. That's what most people think Hunger Games is about. But it turns out to be much deeper than that.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparky For This Useful Post:

Dogman (27th December 2013)