Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: 20gal, new rig batch

Thanks
    Thanked 2,209 Times in 1,161 Posts

Re: 20gal, new rig batch

Question, Glass....Do you always pour your beer into a glass? The reason I ask this is because I'm thinking that a non mass produced beer is just not naturally "that" carb'ed and by pouring it into a glass a lot of the co2 is expended by the pouring. (?) Ever drink them straight from the bottle and notice a difference in carb and taste?
    "Truth is treason in the empire of lies"...Ron Paul
    "A government is a bunch of people, usually, notably ungoverned"...
    Shepherd Book, Firefly

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,181 Times in 2,248 Posts

funny you mention this because I don't. I drink from the bottle so I really don't know how carb'd the beer is from the macro breweries. I considered this when I posted about the Ales I've been drinking and expectations of a style.

Because the homebrew goes into a glass, I have started doing it more for the other beers. Of course the Coopers shop beers are bottle conditioned so I've been pouring them into a glass. The EMU bitter Ale I was drinking a while back, I also started pouring in a glass and noticed it wasn't really super heady. Steady carb but not a lot of head.

I think the taste is different from a glass for many of the beers as well. I think it's a good point.
    Great minds discuss Ideas, Average minds discuss Events, Small minds discuss People. E.R.

Anytime I'm in doubt I go outside and give it a little shake.
    Liberty Tree.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,209 Times in 1,161 Posts

Why does homebrew always go into a glass? Why not judge them both from the bottles instead of the glasses? I think this is an important angle and I appreciate your opinions bro.
    "Truth is treason in the empire of lies"...Ron Paul
    "A government is a bunch of people, usually, notably ungoverned"...
    Shepherd Book, Firefly

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,181 Times in 2,248 Posts

at the moment I am bottling 740ml/24Oz? bottles and also decanting the beer, leaving the yeast in the last little bit of beer in the bottle. The Coppers store bought ales contain a fair bit of yeast as well so I've been leaving that behind in the bottle. I've got about 5 or 6 cases of smaller bottles to use on the next batch. I might try from the bottle and see.
    Great minds discuss Ideas, Average minds discuss Events, Small minds discuss People. E.R.

Anytime I'm in doubt I go outside and give it a little shake.
    Liberty Tree.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Glass For This Useful Post:

Libertytree (9th April 2014)