Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: America’s first recreational pot licenses issued in Colorado

Thanks
    Thanked 6,450 Times in 4,272 Posts

America’s first recreational pot licenses issued in Colorado

A money laundering license for the local government...

America’s first recreational pot licenses issued in Colorado

Published time: December 24, 2013 17:54 Get short URL

http://cdn.rt.com/files/news/21/a0/f...0221006.si.jpg (FILES) Young men smoke a marijuana cigarette during a "smoke out" with thousands of others at the University of Colorado in Boulder, Colorado. (AFP Photo / Chris Hondros)

Colorado made history on Monday, becoming the first state in the US to issue hundreds of licenses for recreational marijuana businesses.

Colorado's Marijuana Enforcement Division approved 348 licenses: 136 to pot shops, 31 to marijuana-infused products companies, 178 to growing facilities, and three to marijuana-testing laboratories. All businesses had to apply by the end of October in order to receive their licenses by New Year’s Eve and begin operating on January 1. As RT reported earlier, Colorado and Washington became the first states to legalize the recreational use of marijuana after voters approved the measures in referendums.

"Colorado will be the first state to have a legal marijuana market for adults," Mason Tvert, a spokesman for the Marijuana Policy Project and one of the leaders of Colorado’s legalization push, told the Denver Post. "We expect it to set an example for other states."
    Marijuana in Colorado will be given a 15 percent excise tax and a 10 percent sales tax. Authorities expect these taxes to add roughly $70 million to the state budget. The first $40 million has already been set aside for school projects.

"We are grateful voters approved funding that will allow for a strong regulatory environment, just like liquor is regulated," Gov. John Hickenlooper (D) told Reuters after voters approved the regulations suggested by state authorities. The governor originally opposed legalizing marijuana, but has come out in support of the tax proposal.

"We will do everything in our power to make sure kids don't smoke pot and that we don't have people driving who are high. This ballot measure gives Colorado the ability to regulate marijuana properly,” he added in a statement.

Although 348 licenses were issued, not all of the businesses will begin operations on January 1. In addition to state approval, marijuana-related facilities must also obtain permission from local jurisdictions. According to the Denver Post, only eight stores in the state's capital are ready to open their doors to customers on the first day of 2014. Ninety-four others which have been approved by the state are still in the process of clearing hurdles in the local licensing process. In Denver, for example, marijuana-related businesses must go through a public hearing and five city inspections in order to obtain a city license
    Jackie did it and you know it!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cebu_4_2 For This Useful Post:

gunDriller (25th December 2013)

Thanks

Re: America’s first recreational pot licenses issued in Colorado

What I found the most interesting is that 101 out of the 136 licenses for recreational stores are in Denver alone
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months

Silver will have its day...

Thanks
    Thanked 6,450 Times in 4,272 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaGail View Post
    What I found the most interesting is that 101 out of the 136 licenses for recreational stores are in Denver alone
    Monsanto has a big part of the game if that tells you anything. Think about drinking and driving and the fines, now you have THC in your system being able to be detected for most of a month. Quite a moneymaker, prison filler, abuser for rehab, etc. It's really sick not a blessing.
    Jackie did it and you know it!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,437 Times in 2,790 Posts

The Cabal...........“Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall. Humpty Dumpty had a great fall. All the King’s horses and all the King’s men couldn’t put Humpty back together again”.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serpo For This Useful Post:

mick silver (25th December 2013),old steel (10th January 2014)

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,181 Times in 2,248 Posts

Keiser interview with someone on Colorado. Should start at the begining of the interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0bB5ZfKpg0&t=12m51s

I think you need to click the link for the start time thing to work or go to ~ min 13
    Great minds discuss Ideas, Average minds discuss Events, Small minds discuss People. E.R.

Anytime I'm in doubt I go outside and give it a little shake.
    Liberty Tree.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,086 Times in 925 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cebu_4_2 View Post
    - Marijuana in Colorado will be given a 15 percent excise tax and a 10 percent sales tax.

- "We are grateful voters approved funding that will allow for a strong
    regulatory environment, just like liquor is regulated,"

-
    The governor originally opposed legalizing marijuana, but has come out in support of the tax proposal.

- "We will do everything in our power to make sure kids don't smoke pot and that we don't have people driving who are high. This ballot measure gives Colorado the ability to regulate marijuana properly,”

Ah the sound of INDIVIDUAL FREEDOM never sounded so STATIST.

The Governor doesnt even want people to be free, he wants to STEAL THEIR MONEY. GACK.

They want to 'regulate' cannabis PROPERLY. Which basically measn that individuals are incapable of regulating themselves without the blessing and oversight of the Communist STATE.

Notice how it says "this ballot gives Colorado the ability to regulate marijuana properly." NO ITS DOESNT. Can I as an individual 'regulate' another mans vices? No i cant. So how did ANYONE in Colorado give to their 'representatives' something that they do not have as an individual? I'll tell you how.......THEY FUCKING MADE IT UP and by using psuedo religious ceremonies and magic ink, they have convinced the people that this is perfectly legitimate.

The entire belief in 'Government' is a contradiction soup of dry water and square chicken eggs.
    My Etsy store: https://twitter.com/xIOWNMEx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to iOWNme For This Useful Post:

Blink (10th January 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,956 Times in 4,576 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sui Juris View Post
    Ah the sound of INDIVIDUAL FREEDOM never sounded so STATIST.

The Governor doesnt even want people to be free, he wants to STEAL THEIR MONEY. GACK.

They want to 'regulate' cannabis PROPERLY. Which basically measn that individuals are incapable of regulating themselves without the blessing and oversight of the Communist STATE.

Notice how it says "this ballot gives Colorado the ability to regulate marijuana properly." NO ITS DOESNT. Can I as an individual 'regulate' another mans vices? No i cant. So how did ANYONE in Colorado give to their 'representatives' something that they do not have as an individual? I'll tell you how.......THEY FUCKING MADE IT UP and by using psuedo religious ceremonies and magic ink, they have convinced the people that this is perfectly legitimate.

The entire belief in 'Government' is a contradiction soup of dry water and square chicken eggs.
    Come on man, stop raining on their parade...these saps think they won their freedom. lol
    DON'T TAKE THE VACCINE!

THE SHIT HAS HIT THE FAN!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EE_ For This Useful Post:

Blink (10th January 2014),iOWNme (10th January 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

Paying exorbitant taxes and fees is better than being kidnapped and put in a cage. It's not perfect, but it's better.
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

Thanks
    Thanked 7,956 Times in 4,576 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madfranks View Post
    Paying exorbitant taxes and fees is better than being kidnapped and put in a cage. It's not perfect, but it's better.
    Can we at least wait for all the new regulations to kick in before we declare victory?
    You're as bad as those bitcoin guys...oh, wait...
    DON'T TAKE THE VACCINE!

THE SHIT HAS HIT THE FAN!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,726 Times in 1,502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serpo View Post

Man i wish i was there now, high up in the mountains in summertime instead of high here in my house in the wintertime.

High when high up in the mountains is good too.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to old steel For This Useful Post:

Serpo (10th January 2014)