Thread: Former Bloomberg Ally Says ‘Mayors’ Group’s Goal Is Gun Confiscation

Thanks
    Thanked 6,454 Times in 4,275 Posts

Former Bloomberg Ally Says ‘Mayors’ Group’s Goal Is Gun Confiscation

Former Bloomberg Ally Says ‘Mayors’ Group’s Goal Is Gun Confiscation

Follow @FreeBeacon
    http://s4.freebeacon.com/thm/wfb/images/print-red.png http://s3.freebeacon.com/thm/wfb/images/email-red.png

http://s4.freebeacon.com/up/2012/12/Bloomberg-AP1.jpgMichael Bloomberg / AP

BY: Washington Free Beacon Staff
    February 6, 2014 4:00 pm
    A former member of Michael Bloomberg’s gun control group claimed this week that the group’s objectives are far more radical than it has let on.
    John Tkazyik, the mayor of Poughkeepsie, N.Y., said he quit the former New York City mayor’s group, Mayors Against Illegal Guns, after he realized its objective was outright confiscation of firearms from law-abiding citizens.
    “Under the guise of helping mayors facing a crime and drug epidemic, MAIG intend[s] to promote confiscation of guns from law-abiding citizens,” Tkazyik wrote in a Wednesday column in the Poughkeepsie Journal.
    I’m the mayor of one of the largest cities in the Hudson Valley, just 90 minutes north of New York City. I’m a life member of the National Rifle Association and a former member of Mayors Against Illegal Guns, or MAIG, started by New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg in 2006.
    I’m no longer a member of MAIG. Why? Just as Ronald Reagan said of the Democratic Party, it left me. And I’m not alone: Nearly 50 pro-Second Amendment mayors have left the organization. They left for the same reason I did. MAIG became a vehicle for Bloomberg to promote his personal gun-control agenda — violating the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens and taking resources away from initiatives that could actually work to protect our neighborhoods and save precious lives. […]
    It did not take long to realize that MAIG’s agenda was much more than ridding felons of illegal guns; that under the guise of helping mayors facing a crime and drug epidemic, MAIG intended to promote confiscation of guns from law-abiding citizens. I don’t believe, never have believed and never will believe that public safety is enhanced by encroaching on our right to bear arms, and I will not be a part of any organization that does.
    This entry was posted in Issues and tagged Gun Control, Guns, Michael Bloomberg, Second Amendment. Bookmark the permalink.
    Jackie did it and you know it!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cebu_4_2 For This Useful Post:

mamboni (8th February 2014)

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,855 Times in 7,912 Posts

Re: Former Bloomberg Ally Says ‘Mayors’ Group’s Goal Is Gun Confiscation

I'm so fucking shocked!
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

Shami-Amourae (7th February 2014),sirgonzo420 (7th February 2014),Twisted Titan (7th February 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,083 Times in 2,713 Posts

Day late and a spent shell casing short....
    Honor The Most High, Keep His Commandments and all will go well with you.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,010 Times in 2,836 Posts

go back to your homeland Bloomberg
    “Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you’re not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean, mad-dog mean. ‘Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That’s just the way it is.” ~ Outlaw Josey Wales…

STOP F*CKING WITH US.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,816 Times in 4,307 Posts

That bullshit may work in New York, but in Fly over country your gestapo thugs will wind up with large caliber induced lead poisoning.
    "Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788
    "The greatest threat to the state is when the people figure out they can exist without them." - Twisted Titan
    "Some Libertarians are born, the government makes the rest."
    "Voting is nothing more than a slaves suggestion box, voting on a new master every few years does not make you free."

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,855 Times in 7,912 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    That bullshit may work in New York, but in Fly over country your gestapo thugs will wind up with large caliber induced lead poisoning.
    Assassins prefer .22LR in a semi-auto pistol. A good friend of mine was a freelance investigative journalist who got too close to the truth and his assassin emptied a semi-auto .22 pistol into him at pointblank range hitting him in the chest, neck, and face (he had just gotten into his '65 Mustang and the hit man walked right up to his car window and offed him). .22LR is pretty damn efficient, no need for 'large caliber' to get the job done.
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger