Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Credits Tracking Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 4,537 Posts

Re: Credits Tracking Thread

Credits has been forked. Please download the new Windows QT wallet here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/hb...its-Qt-WIN.zip

How to fix Credits fork:

1. Install the new QT wallet here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hb...its-Qt-WIN.zip
    2. Go to Windows start menu and in search type %appdata% go to roaming directory and Credits in (~AppData\Roaming\Credits\)
    3. Backup your wallet.dat file somewhere like your Desktop.
    4. Delete old ~AppData\Roaming\Credits\ folder. Just delete everything.
    5. Start new Credits-qt and the blockchain from correct fork will download.
    6. Close the wallet program and then replace the newly created (empty) wallet in the ~AppData\Roaming\Credits\ directory with the old one you saved.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Shami-Amourae For This Useful Post:

1970 silver art (15th March 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,659 Times in 3,219 Posts

what's a fork?
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 4,537 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by osoab View Post
    what's a fork?
    It means the community and/or developers don't like an aspect of how a cryptocurrency was initially designed. In this case miners had an increasing reward over time which causes inflation over time. Basically it made early adopters/early miners who stuck with the coin early not get any real reward and pretty much punished them. It threatened to make a lot of early adopters to abandon this crypto because this was seen as unfair by many people so the developers adjusted it so the rewards were more smoothed out.

Basically, the developers made a change in the protocol of the currency. You have to delete everything and start over with a NEW updated wallet QT program and protocol and import your old wallet.dat file/coins. It creates a "fork" since there's now the old protocol which exists, but the community doesn't support, and the new one. If you try sticking with the old one and the community as a whole doesn't go in that direction, you can't send/receive cryptos. You have to go with the new fork. It's like a "fork" in the road. This happened to Bitcoin early on too, and happens a lot of several cryptos when enough people in the community disagree with the aspect of a cryptocoin. It only becomes established if a majority of people accept the fork.

Dogecoin had a cry large fork and it knocked the price down to like 26 Satoshi, but after things were changed and smoothed out prices jumped up to like 300 Satoshi. Forking can make or break a cryptocurrency, and they may drive prices lower than they normally would go, temporarily. (I'm saying buy Credits now! )

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Shami-Amourae For This Useful Post:

osoab (8th March 2014)

Great Value Carrots 1970 silver art's Avatar
    Thanks

Credits (CR) is also available on Crypto Rush exchange: https://cryptorush.in/
    Last edited by 1970 silver art; 15th March 2014 at 04:10 PM. Reason: corrected link
    DISCLAIMER: My gut feeling on silver is just that................My gut feeling. I have absolutely nothing to back up any gut feeling that I might have on silver.

DISCLAIMER2: I am not really a '70's silver art bar expert but I try my best to play one on the Internet.

Pepperoni Pizza + Orange Juice + Netflix + Silver art bars = My life.

ATTENTION!!! I stood up to the TP king by making a 3-roll tp bet with him and guess what?............I won.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shami-Amourae View Post
    Credits has been forked. Please download the new Windows QT wallet here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/hb...its-Qt-WIN.zip

How to fix Credits fork:

1. Install the new QT wallet here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hb...its-Qt-WIN.zip
    2. Go to Windows start menu and in search type %appdata% go to roaming directory and Credits in (~AppData\Roaming\Credits\)
    3. Backup your wallet.dat file somewhere like your Desktop.
    4. Delete old ~AppData\Roaming\Credits\ folder. Just delete everything.
    5. Start new Credits-qt and the blockchain from correct fork will download.
    6. Close the wallet program and then replace the newly created (empty) wallet in the ~AppData\Roaming\Credits\ directory with the old one you saved.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1970 silver art View Post
    Credits (CR) is also available on Crypto Rush exchange: https://cryptorush.in/
    I downloaded the new Windows QT in your post before buying some Credits (CR) on Crypto Rush. I had no issues with buying Credits (CR) on the Crypto Rush exchange (via trade from DOGE to BTC to Cr) and was able to transfer the Credits (Cr) from the exchange to my wallet on my computer. Thank you for posting this.
    Last edited by 1970 silver art; 15th March 2014 at 04:15 PM. Reason: misc.
    DISCLAIMER: My gut feeling on silver is just that................My gut feeling. I have absolutely nothing to back up any gut feeling that I might have on silver.

DISCLAIMER2: I am not really a '70's silver art bar expert but I try my best to play one on the Internet.

ATTENTION!!! I stood up to the TP king by making a 3-roll tp bet with him and guess what?............I won.

Thanks

The first time that I have seen Credits (Cr) on the Crypto currency market capitalizations site: http://coinmarketcap.com/2.html

Thanks
    Thanked 7,956 Times in 4,576 Posts

Less than 12 hours later after my OP.............................
    The bankers are getting closer to running all crypto exchanges and eliminating all competition
    DON'T TAKE THE VACCINE!

THE SHIT HAS HIT THE FAN!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EE_ View Post
    Less than 12 hours later after my OP.............................
    The bankers are getting closer to running all crypto exchanges and eliminating all competition
    Maybe. Maybe Not. We will have to all of this plays out in the near future.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1970 silver art View Post
    The first time that I have seen Credits (Cr) on the Crypto currency market capitalizations site: http://coinmarketcap.com/2.html
    I could be wrong on this but I think that $0.00016 was the starting point for Credtis (Cr.) This previous post that I made this morning was the first time that I have seen it listed on coinmarketcap.

Thanks

IMO not a good start to Credits (Cr) but it is still young...........................