Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast

Thread: MALAYSIA AIRLINES loses contact with flight carrying 239 en route to Beijing

Thanks
    Thanked 2,434 Times in 1,844 Posts

Re: MALAYSIA AIRLINES loses contact with flight carrying 239 en route to Beijing

HT's postings are nihilist (attack everything but God)... I dont mind it. Nihilism and utopia will save the world at some point...

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian_Guard View Post
    Give the kitty some more time. A fifth grader can't understand high school stuff either. I say the cat is slightly ahead of the rest of us. Much of our arguing, finger pointing, etc, is useless, if all this has been carved out long before we (humans) arrived.
    All the money that exists cannot buy Earth, and the evidence is that we destroy our habitat as a result, thinking that we can just seize and pillage as we see fit. If crowds endorse the pursuit of wealth at their own level, they cannot prevent multinationals from doing exactly the same. The “dystopian endless growth paradigm” is going to end with a bang but will open the door to a premise endorsing that Earth is the only wealth we truly have while journeying through life.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,868 Times in 2,349 Posts

Re: MALAYSIA AIRLINES loses contact with flight carrying 239 en route to Beijing

Quote Originally Posted by singular_me View Post
    HT's postings are nihilist (attack everything but God)... I dont mind it. Nihilism and utopia will save the world at some point...
    They'll have to setup a special Olympics for contrarians after that save.

Fact is overstating the obvious never got anyone anywhere. Specific problems need to be addressed in lieu of categorizing everything as a top vs. bottom battle. The overall effect is an entrapping one.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,266 Times in 1,345 Posts

Is this more wreckage from missing airliner MH370? Villagers discover 'plane debris' washed up on Thailand beach

Thanks

The images appear to be a cylindrical/ conical sandwich structure with bonded aluminum core. This could be used in nacelles, but I cannot find any reference of such structures in the GE90 (used on the 777). The only reference I can find is some floor panels could be glass fiber epoxy composite bonded to aluminum honeycomb core (these would be flat), and perhaps the empennage (tail wings). Right now I am doubtful about this, but will see what comes out. I am checking out nacelle sound suppression systems, but this does not really look like one. This looks like an older nacelle structure to me.

Attachment 8044

Thanks

Here is a deviation indicating that the Rolls Royce powered 777's did have a composite honeycomb structure (not sure if it is composite skins with composite core or aluminum core or other). I thought the MH370 was powered by GE 90s, but it appears it was Rolls Royce Trent 800's!

https://easa.europa.eu/system/files/...ion%20E-09.pdf

This may be for real!

Thanks

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/natio...art-of-rocket/

""Although we cannot yet be absolutely certain, we think it is likely that it's part of either an H-IIA or H-IIB rocket," Sayo Suwashita, a Mitsubishi Heavy Industries spokeswoman in Tokyo, told AFP."

Could be so. I am having a hard time tracing any aluminum honeycomb core structures on the 777. On the other hand, one avenue I did try following was the possibility of the cargo doors who are made by... Mitsubishi Heavy Industries. I have nt found any good information on the construction of these doors. This could be "low tech" enough to use aluminum core still.

Mitsubishi Heavy moves Boeing 777 door production to Vietnam

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JohnQPublic For This Useful Post:

mick silver (25th January 2016)

Thanks

The numbers in the link, (323,308,307) are access panels. The longer number with the attached letters is likely a part number for one of many collective parts that make up whatever assembly that is. It's not a serial number.

I doubt that it has anything to do with any part of an engine nacelle....not enough curvature.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boogietillyapuke View Post
    The numbers in the link, (323,308,307) are access panels. The longer number with the attached letters is likely a part number for one of many collective parts that make up whatever assembly that is. It's not a serial number.

I doubt that it has anything to do with any part of an engine nacelle....not enough curvature.
    Maybe not. That is why I was looking at the cargo doors. But keep in mind that the inlet to the 777 engines is like 12'. These are huge engines.

The reason I was thinking of nacelles is the aluminum honeycomb structure mainly.

Thanks

Taiwan: MH370 Pilot mysteriously resurfaces almost 2 years after his flight vanished over China Sea

Taipei| The pilot of the infamous flight MH370 of Malaysia Airlines that disappeared in March 2013, Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah, has mysteriously reappeared in a Taiwan hospital on Monday, suffering from severe dehydration and some type of amnesia.

The 53-year-old pilot was transported at the Taipei Adventist Hospital by a couple of villagers from a nearby town. They claimed to have found the man while he was lying unconscious on the banks of the Tangshui River.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,415 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JohnQPublic View Post
    Taiwan: MH370 Pilot mysteriously resurfaces almost 2 years after his flight vanished over China Sea

Taipei| The pilot of the infamous flight MH370 of Malaysia Airlines that disappeared in March 2013, Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah, has mysteriously reappeared in a Taiwan hospital on Monday, suffering from severe dehydration and some type of amnesia.

The 53-year-old pilot was transported at the Taipei Adventist Hospital by a couple of villagers from a nearby town. They claimed to have found the man while he was lying unconscious on the banks of the Tangshui River.

Fake?

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/m...ound-in-taiwan

12. The Following User Says Thank You to vacuum For This Useful Post:

JohnQPublic (15th February 2016)